BLATTAGE and BLATFEST

An Oddball organised Kelly's Heroes game to be held at Drakelow Tunnels, near Kinver
PD
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: BLATTAGE and BLATFEST

Postby PD » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:51 am

OOOOh! Happy dance!

Thank you!!!!

MG No2 was equipped with a rifle at the outbreak of war - this was usually slung across his back and brought into use when moving forwards tactically. In a prepared position it was laid out loaded and made ready to cover, protect the gunner during a barrel change or clearing a stoppage.

Through the war the K98 remained standard but many No2s were issued an MP40 due to compact nature and ease of use not to mention firepower in a suppressive role.

Late war photos and accounts show some units equipping No2s with StG and the like......

In short - apart from the gunner - all members of the MG team also carried a long arm.

Happy to go with one mag. Happy to carry a pistol of Personal Protection (well - let's say apprehensive to carry a pistol - feel nekkid without something that reaches out and touches!) but will rely on the team for cover and skill at bringing the MG to bear quickly.
We may just have a grenadier with us too..... I'm gonna talk to TL about having some Thermos made up in the form of Stick Grenades!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage Image
LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001
rifleman6925
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rifleman6925 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Looks like I may be attending this game as my leave for this period has been granted (up to now), I can supply another MG42 for the German side if needed (extra weapon will be my MP41).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rifleman6925
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rifleman6925 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Sounds good mate, I park up at Catterick Village right next to A1 so we can jump straight back on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Anarchy under the Eagle - 21st August 2011”