Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Troop Allocation

Postby Zero Bravo » Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 pm

XIV ARMY CORPS-- --CORPS HEADQUARTERS
GENERAL STAFF SECTION-- - - GEN. LEMELSEN J
Operations No. 4418 -- -- 14.9., 1944

CORPS ORDER FOR DEFENSE OF IL GIOGO PASS AREA

1. Enemy troop build-up reported in area 6km east of Il Giogo Pass. Expected attack on front at border of 4th Fallschirm Division and 715th Infanterie Divisions positions.

Due to the terrain and to the very limited numbers of available troops in this sector of the front, XIV ARMY CORP orders that 4th Fallschirm troops in area fall directly under the command of Oberleutnant Jacob Sturzbach of the 715th Infanterie Divison. A Feldwebel from the 4th Fallschirm Division will be acting up as Adjutant.

2. Key positions for defense:

Poggio Prefetto (WN Anton), Poggio delle Travi (WN Bruno), junction of Marradi and Gattaia roads (Hauptquartier Caesar)

3. Organization and Combat Zones for the Defense:

Stabs Gruppe:
OC: Oberleutnant Jacob Sturzbach
Adjutant: Feldwelbel Hanschen Klein
Schutze: George, Luc, Mike Kinge, A.N Other

Deploy at forward Road Junction (HQ Caesar) ... Establish Comms to Div HQ and WN’s Anton and Bruno … Prepare and improve defensive positions at crossroads.

1st Gruppe:
NCO: Obergefreiter Agent Orange
Funker: Gefreiter Martin R
Schutze: Matthew, Ethelredy, Sven, Macscrooge

Deploy at Pogio Preffeto (WN Anton) … Establish comms to HQ Caesar … Prepare and improve defensive positions.

2nd Gruppe:
NCO: Obergefreiter Shellshokt
Funker: Gefreiter Animal
Schutze: Rifleman6925, Vincent, Rhys, Marsha

Deploy at Poggio delle Travi (WN Bruno) … Establish comms to HQ Caesar … Prepare and improve defensive positions.

3rd Gruppe:
NCO: Obergefreiter Lardassmonkey
Schutze: Steinlager, Benz, Seidler

Deploy forward of front line positions … Prepare ambush / sniping positions… Harass and delay enemy troops whilst slowly withdrawing to main defensive front… Do NOT engage in drawn out combat with enemy… schießen und entziehen!

(by Radio) For General Staff 715th Inf.Div
--------------------------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Re: Troop Allocation

Postby MartinR » Tue May 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Orders received.

I've been peering at 'air reconnaissance photos' of the battlefield and I can't for the life of me work out where these positions might be. The quarry looks very big, is the operations area the northeastern bit or the southwestern bit, or are we fighting over the whole site?

I just find it helpful to get my head around it.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Due to heavy Allied Bombardment of the area, Available Air reconnaissance photograghs do not accurately reflect the current landscape of our area of the front.

Our main front line is in the centre of the Northeastern area running approximately from North to South.

Additional intelligent will be made available shortly...
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:19 am

Our main front line is in the centre of the Northeastern area running approximately from North to South.

Danke, that is very helpful.

I'm off to buy a signal pad and pencil today, and I shall practice doing panoramic drawings as per my 'Military Map Reading' manual.

Martin
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:13 pm

MartinR wrote:

Danke, that is very helpful.

I'm off to buy a signal pad and pencil today, and I shall practice doing panoramic drawings as per my 'Military Map Reading' manual.

Martin

For further clarification Gefreiter, this is the view from WH Anton looking approx South-West. As you can see there is plenty of raw material available for you to use to improve your position.

And this FJ funker at WH Bruno is looking approx South-West
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."

ImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Is the scrubby high ground to the SW of Anton useable by the enemy or is it impassable?

Looks like we will need our entrenching tools.

Cheers
Martin

Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:44 pm

MartinR wrote:Is the scrubby high ground to the SW of Anton useable by the enemy or is it impassable?

Looks like we will need our entrenching tools.

Cheers
Martin

A small amount of it is but it will be easy to cover, it's not ground they can make a quick dash across and you will be able to see if the enemy is going to approach from that direction. It will become clearer when you are on site.

E-tools may well be useful, more so on Bruno where the ground is dig-able. At Anton it is mainly rocks so anyone with dry stone wall building skills will be handy! :giggle:

ImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 am

so anyone with dry stone wall building skills

Ah. Funny you should mention that. My wife is lead wall builder and I tend to follow her expert directions, but I have done some dry stone walling which is still standing after several years.

Cheers
Martin

Return to “Il Giogo Pass - German”