Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Information

Postby Yith » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:27 pm

One day Airsoft WWII Midlands event

Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far

September 1944:

As the tide of war changes and Hitler's forces are forced to retreat back to the Fatherland. Monty has a plan that could end the war by Christmas. A daring attack deep into enemy territory. This will be the largest airborne assault in history.

Choose your side.
Will you be one of the Axis defenders, desperately trying to re-organise in front of this totally unexpected tactic. Or will you be a courageous member of the British airborne forces trying to defend your hold in a town completely surrounded by the enemy, running out of supplies and out of time. Or will you be a local Dutch resistance worker, fighting to kick the Axis invaders out of your home town?

What do you have to do?
Don't worry if you don't have a WWII loadout or AEG, we've compiled a special guide that allows you to construct a 'good for gaming' WWII outfit for your chosen side for less than the cost of a couple of hi-caps!

And you don't need to necessarily have a WWII AEG, we'll supply you with a list of 'counts as' AEGs. For example your M14 can represent a Browning BAR automatic rife or an M249 might represent a German MG42 machine gun.

Where is it?
We're staging this battle at Phoenix Airsoft's excellent Urban site in Clay Cross, Derbyshire. We believe the ruined factory buildings and palatial hotel building will bring the real feel of wartime Arnhem to life and is a central location for most UK airsofters to reach.

When is it?
The event will take place on Sunday the 22nd April 2007.

More details to follow
Last edited by Yith on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm there!! :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:45 am

(Edit... missed out stuff on Dutch Resistance.... now added... )

Gliderrider
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gliderrider » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:06 pm

A bit of An intro?

Its hard too remember now but europe was like this in 1944. The 2nd world war was in its fith year and still going hitlers way. German troops controlled most of europe.

D Day changed all that. D Day the 6th of june 1944 when allied troops under their commander General Eisenhower landed on the northern coast of france.

By July They were able to begin their own offensive, by aurgust paris was liberated. Every where the Germans retreated.

But with the allied victorys came problems. The supplies still had to be driven from Normandy over 400 miles away and became dangerously short. The allied assault ground to a halt......

........In 1944 Montgomery devised a plan codnamed Operation Market Garden. Under Intenseive presure from His superiours Eisenhower aproved the plan and operation Market Garden became a reality.

The plan, like so many plans in so many wars was intended to end the war by christmas and bring the boys home.

Der Der Der Dit Dit Der. Der Der Der Dit Dit Der. Der Der Der Der.

Sorry I got Crried away. I bloody love that film. I watched it again this afternoon. Just noticed the 2 sigs officers are wearing 1970's cap badges. But still a bloody good film.

( I Had to edit 5 times to get the words right) Tacken from A bridge too Far by cornelius Ryan)
ImageImageImageImage
warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:19 pm

yith and co,
i,m going to try and bring a load of the hill regulars down to this :)
what i can see every one asking is whats the site like, so if youv got more pics or even plans for the site i,m shore i,d be able to get more of them interested, we,d be bringing a good mix of UK-US and germans down if i can get them all to attend, but i think i can garantee at least 4-5 shootnscoot team members,

thanks mate
warren
S&S
team shoot and scoot, TL
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Nice one Warren, it would be great to see you all.

More info being added but take a look at this in the meantime:
http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/pages/phoenix-urban.html

Chomley
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:04 pm

Warren... great stuff!

Just one thing... there are no places for US players in this game. So if you can persuade your US players to change over to british, dutch or german for the day then that would be great!

Thanks!

Old Un
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Old Un » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:09 am

Excellent , see if you can drag Ernie down for the day too ! Please also post on the booking thread giving the usual details and we'll sign you all up .
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:35 am

If you decide to come down for the weekend, then we can probably get you to F&O on the saturday as well. Gucci runs open days pretty much every saturday.

warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:06 pm

that would be a good thing, help to make it a weekend of fighting :)

what do FO charge for walk ons?

i,l go and add a link to this page for info only and the page link for Phoenix Urban,
how big is the site at Phoenix Urban?

warren
team shoot and scoot, TL
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:22 pm

F&O charge
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:25 am

Age limit for the Arnhem game is 16. This is set by Phoenix Urban.

Gliderrider
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gliderrider » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 pm

If anybody needs South Staffs badges for the Bridge too Far do Let me know as I have loads
ImageImageImageImage
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:01 pm

Just a brief update , myself, Yith and CW were at Pheonix Urban yesterday to have a run through the game scenarios .
I'd not been to PU before , and I was completely impressed with the site.
First of it's large , has an interesting mix of buildings and will make a very good Arnhem . There's even some green stuff to have a play in .

Me changing uniforms from German to Brit Airborne and back again was confusing people , but rushing through the buildings with Yith , both in Denisons armed with Stens was very pleasing (almost as good as shooting CW whilst singing the Panzerlied to him :lol: )

We've work to do before the day , but even if I say so myself I reckon this event will play extremely well , and as ever there will be some interesting subplots to involve all the players in ....DRWs esp. will have their work cut out for them .
......sadly I'm not allowed to say anymore , but I reckon you guys signed up for it will love it , especially the tanks :shock:
Seeing 60 odd players in WWII kit there will be an awsome sight !

PS It was good to meet up with some of the lads from this forum who were there too, sorry if I was bit a bit vacant at times , I was bolloxed from not having played urban for 6 months ! Keep spreading the word !
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Yes it was a great day with some great play.

The discussions we had were so productive that when I came back and summarised them on our private forums I managed a 1600+ word essay... heh!

Return to “Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far - April 2007”