Hohenstaufen

Announcements, Rules, and Booking for the Arnhem game at Phoenix Urban
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:56 pm

Kermit wrote:stubblehopper - looks like you made the front cover of Signal magazine ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
neillblume
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

I shal say zis only once

Postby neillblume » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:18 am

I thinka all the loadouts are going to be amazing! Of course my camo tunic wasn't standard issue anyway! so i will just have had it made by the unit tailor. Talking about stitch counting - I just came accross a re- enactor site where they actually specified the exact type of stitching to be used in sewing on badges! I really hope that we dont all become stitch counters. I think there is a very real danger of this as we all strive for more authentic looking gear.

It would be very easy to end up stich counting - many of us (me included) have those type of tendencies. Its all about the supension of disbelief and the fun of playing soldiers... hey at our version of arnhem the allies might even win! I was drawn to ww2 airsofting because of the openness of the requirements - something that has always put me off reenacting because i think that the uniform requirements were always too onerous.
The way this works out is great it means that someone can get a basic kit together and build it up over time as money allows. Just my hapenny worth.
Old Un
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Old Un » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:29 am

There is a danger for it all to get a bit stich nazi ish , however we're keen to keep away from that and cater for all as my occasional outbursts might reveal .

Nothing wrong with people helping ech other out with advice gained from study or reenactment when it's asked for, it should help everyone improve their look .

Equally we don't want someone coming here for the first time to be put off because they don't want to get the correct pattern studs or flash out on a load of kit they will only use a few times.

Encouragement not nit picking is the name of the game , the more people who embrace WWII softing , the more events will get staged , the better for all of us who love the era !

Vorsprung durch Blitzkreig !
neillblume
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

sigs

Postby neillblume » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:36 am

this is too wierd last nite i decided to change my signature to

Vorsprung durch Blitzkreig ! now you have used it i shall have to think of another one
oldfart

Re: I shal say zis only once

Postby oldfart » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:56 am

neillblume wrote: Of course my camo tunic wasn't standard issue anyway! so i will just have had it made by the unit

Same here - Oak A all the way for this loadout.

It would be pretty unrealistic to all turn up identically kitted out anyway - it's not as if we're headed to the parade ground.

It's good to get the info circulating on the board to help make informed choices on kit but at the end of the day even the reenactor boards can and do point out the various documented exceptions to every rule.

Field-made equipment such as camo tunics - yep it happened and if that's what you fancy so be it, it's all good.

Andy
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: I shal say zis only once

Postby Yith » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:06 am

neillblume wrote:Talking about stitch counting - I just came accross a re- enactor site where they actually specified the exact type of stitching to be used in sewing on badges!

Heh... Well I'd be interested in that site! Does it cover Brit kit or just german?

Yith... Mr Stitch Counter (I promise only to count my own stictches!)

:)
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

stubblehopper

Postby stubblehopper » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:18 am

Hey Steiner-go to Google and type in "Hans Sheffield" and you'll get a link to an ebay shop in Hong Kong, the stick grenades I bought last year are M24 type, steel and wood, be careful what you choose, cos there's a whole pile of varieties, M39, M43, M43b, smoke grenades all sorts of stuff. They are really good quality, here's an example, I bought an M24 on a trip to Normandy last year from a militaria shop in St Mare Eglise, I think it was 25 E all wood with green paint, at the time I thought it was the bees knees, but when I compare it to the Hans Sheffield ones, it looks like a piece of painted wood. Let me know how you get on!
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:43 am

Thanks mate. And not too pricey! Did you get done for import tax, etc?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
stubblehopper

Postby stubblehopper » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:51 am

No, I didn't get caught for import tax, I shipped in two M24's and a nice panzerfaust from them. Make sure you get the newest version of the M24, the warhead screws off as does the detonator cap. BTW Kermit thanks for the SIGNAL front page that looks f@%$*&g fantastic, nice work, how's the flag coming on, thinking of contributing some divsional tac signs myself.
Kermit
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Kermit » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Getting prices at the moment for the flag. 3' x 5' big enough? If the price for a screen printed one is too high, then its the old fashioned way - black cloth background, 9th Div sign in white stitched on the front. God, thats a lot of sewing... :?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
neillblume
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

flag

Postby neillblume » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:52 pm

what about spray painting it with a stencil?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vorsprung durch Blitzkreig !
Speed, aggression and Hugo Boss
the innocent have nothing to fear......[img][img][/img][/img]
Kermit

Postby Kermit » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Me and spray paints? dangerous combo that. I tend to end up painting things inadvertently that i dont want to :shock:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
stubblehopper

Postby stubblehopper » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Just wondering if we'll have an HQ building for our new flag and tac signs, never been to this site before, might be an idea if Sturmbahnfuhrer Oldsweat sorted that one out for his growing band of grenadiers!
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:17 pm

It may be possible to sort something out...

hmmm....

I thought Oldsweat was a Hauptmann?
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Old Un

Postby Old Un » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Yes none of your SS stuff for me boys , and CW is the Stbf & OC Axis . That said still consider getting some runes for this game only .

Just wondering if we'll have an HQ building for our new flag and tac signs, never been to this site before

Hehehehe - no you haven't but you're spot on in your expectations :lol:

Kermit - Black cheap cloth as a back ground, white cheap cloth as the foreground and use copydex or spray mount to glue the bits on . Cotton works best with glue . Doesn't have to last more than 8 hours so don't bother making anything too permanent or expensive . I presume the flag will look like your avatar ?

Return to “Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far - April 2007”