Hope today went well

Announcements, Rules, and Booking for the Arnhem game at Phoenix Urban
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Good to hear many positive things coming out.

I had a bath at 8pm and was asleep by 9pm, I've been hobbling around at work today like an old man :shock: and my mind has been constantly flashing back to the amazing/funny/forgotten moments.

BTW, of the three paintings up for the Dutch to recover the Germans held one and two were liberated - but I'm afraid it only counts as one. You see I had the real 'Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies' by Van Klump stuffed down my trouser leg all day!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:19 pm

Brillliant day,
very worth while coming down from the cold north,as we all had such a good couple of days, and yes as soon as we hit bludy scotland it was raining, tipical :)
we,l be back some time soon i,m shore, and would like to invite prity mutch all that we saw for a visit as you were all such good sports,
funny to hear so many say "OH your not scottish" ;)
cant say i saw hits not tacken at all, maybe one or two tin hat hits but nothing to worry about as them mp40 make quite a raquet,
good to see old andy again and to pot faces to phone call conversations, pm,s

allso a BIG thanks to the cia boys, a very good job well dun chaps, hope to see you up here to,

warren
S&S
team shoot and scoot, TL
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:51 pm

H3b wrote:well done to Webby for re-enacting the umbrella scene quite skillfully, wish i was there to have taken pics of that bit!

I was one of the damned fools that let him go! :oops: :roll:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
slick63
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby slick63 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:41 pm

Damn, reading all this makes me want to ditch the modern stuff even more, cracking pics from the day. Only thing stopping me from attending is lack of wedge at the moment, however a mate is also interested in WW2 airsoft so hopefully we`ll get to one of your do`s soon. Congratulations on a job well done! :D
Locutus
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Locutus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 pm

evening everyone,

i like to thanks all of CiA for a amazing day. what really made the whole thing great for me was just seeing the brits and Germans in full kit fighting. i can now see what gadge was saying about themed days being a lot different and how it makes for a better airsoft experience.

right, got to say brilliant tactics used by both sides. i personally was amazed at the sheer amount of nades being used lol never seen so many being hurtled at each other. i think one of the funniest moments for me was a Dutch resistance guy sneaking behind me and pointing his pistol at me and going haha and then he realised his safety was on lol the i shot him lmao. oh my squad got annihilated near the factory and i was left on my lonesome trying to out do at least 7 brits going after me. was scary but a adrenalin rush at the same time but i held out for about 10 mins ish killing a couple and nading a few more but my end was met with a bfg well thrown by Jayson ( nice nade mate ;) ).

i also got to meet loads of great chaps and had some good convo's with random people. i have taken away great memories from the day and gain a lot more tactical experience and i cant wait till the next CiA event to be hosted locally. so bummed i cant go to the one in wales.

cheers everyone for great sportmanship and see you next time! :)
CHThree
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby CHThree » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:16 am

I had cracking day in the Dutch resistance, top marks to Steve for leadership and to my Dutch comradesh for finding all der shprinklesh for der pancakesh, ja? I'm totally mpressed with the effort and detail that went in to the day, I will treasure my ID card. It made a nice change from wearing brown and green but the suit really has to go to the dry cleaners now. Who said resistance was useless!
Fandanglos
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fandanglos » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:17 am

My thighs still ache!
And I can't seem to remove this stupid grin :)
Great day
Well done Paras, you deserve the win.
lonewolf
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby lonewolf » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi All

Just wanted to say that I had a truly enjoyable day fighting along with my fellow Germans, and I'm looking forward to Churchill's Revenge at IED.

A big thank you to the organisers for arranging the day - you guys did an incredible job from choosing a spectacular site for the event, to keeping the action constant, and (in my case) ensuring there were spare BB's to be bought once I'd emptied the 3000 rounds I brought with me.

Crikey - there were some intense fire fights !

A big thank you to my fellow players as well - seeing everybody (and I mean everybody) in period gear, or something very close to it, made the day much more enjoyable and target recognition so much easier.

A huge thanks to the Brits, Germans and Dutch alike for their fighting spirit and the "lets re-gen and get back into it" attitude as soon as you'd been shot.

Congratulations to the Brits in the end - you guys simply got the whole team-work thing going in the morning, but the Germans got the idea by the end of the day (it's just a shame the game ended early, as we had an interesting attack planned just when the whistle went - maybe next time).

It was a shame to hear all the 'cheat' calling - and there was a lot of it at times - but I'm pleased to say that in most of the instances I witnessed, an amicable agreement was reached by all parties and the game continued in good spirit.

However, there did seem to be a few bullet-proof and even grenade-proof individuals out there (hence the overkill, I guess, later in the morning).

Being used to lightweight clothing, I think the heavy woolen uniforms had a lot to do with people not realising they were hit, plus a lack of close marshalling, but there were only so many to go around.

The 'bang' rule also seemed to cause some confusion early on, with a few people not hearing it, while a few others happily opened fire at point blank range, but most people were willing to accept the verdict of their peers, and the game carried on in good spirits.

So, all in all, it was truly enjoyable day, and I'm looking forward to more of the same at Churchill's Revenge.

If the Germans work on their teamwork, we may well give the Allies a pretty even match.

See you in the trees !
warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:15 pm

re bang rule,
i said it 2 times, 1st i shouted "take your hit" as we do on the HILL site, then i realised what i said and had to shoot :) ( with pistol on the 2 lads in black panzer raps?) got one and the other dissaperd, well dun him, maybe he fell down a hole :) (there were many)
2nd was on ernies girl friend, (that was allready dead, sorry if i startled you :)
team shoot and scoot, TL
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:26 pm

I think there may have been some confusion with the initial brief... My apologies for that.

It appears that a lot of people were confused by the medic rule. I apologise again if that wasn't clear. I've personally used the rule a lot in the past and thought it was pretty clear. Sorry if it wasn't to everyone!

Anyway, I'm glad that the majority of people worked around this and made the game a great one! Thanks for all the wonderful comments and thanks to all you guys for making it a great day.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:10 pm

medic rule was very good, i,m shore a certain scotish site will be using that one soon, :)
team shoot and scoot, TL
Joseph Porta
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Joseph Porta » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 pm

it was me you got warren, my brother jumped behind a pillar,

10 yards, you fired 1 round , within 2 seconds of appearing, and you hit my left shoulder, DAMM FINE SHOT

Yith made a nice 3 round group on the back of my left hand 75mm grouping all about 2mm deep. Nice shooting at centre mass yith :)

also

i was in the middle of the street wearing black, one dutch popped up and we traded shots, he was so close, within inches, he dissapeared, i hit him, i think as he stopped shooting immediately

when at my 9 oclock up pops another dutch resistance 10 yards to my left, and he lets loose a half a pistol mag at me, all the rounds fell short , about 3 yards away, but like i said to the guy at the time, he had me bang to rights, and i called myself hit. He had done so well ambushing me, i didnt think it fair to turn and shoot him just because his gas let him down. :lol:
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:43 pm

A Gregory wrote:when at my 9 oclock up pops another dutch resistance 10 yards to my left, and he lets loose a half a pistol mag at me, all the rounds fell short , about 3 yards away, but like i said to the guy at the time, he had me bang to rights, and i called myself hit. He had done so well ambushing me, i didnt think it fair to turn and shoot him just because his gas let him down. :lol:

Top man, Greggers. I've just watched you and that dog attack the warehouse - brilliant! :roll: :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:53 pm

that was a funny encounter mate, we were stalking a german to ower left, i stuck my head round the door and saw you two and about 4-6 others a little bit behind you, we hunkered down in the door way, me covering the inside and telling mark when the others behind were exeting the building, i got you, mist your brother, he vanished :) he got 2 or 3 out in the ally and i think your brother got me and mark legged it :) haha,

was it you two with the top hats then?
team shoot and scoot, TL
Tiny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tiny » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:20 am

was it you two with the top hats then?

It most certainly was sir. I had the grey bowler, and me brother had the yellow topper and the dog. Brings back several memories as I had the exact same toy as a wee kiddie(thoughtfully ponders childhood and how much fun it was to run around with guns playing war).

Oh to have those days again. :lol:
My Two Cents.....
Tiny

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"I'll show you 'ow the English knock the top off a egg"

Weapons:-
MP40
Dboys K98
MG42
Thompson
plus loads of other modern day crap

Return to “Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far - April 2007”