Hope today went well

Announcements, Rules, and Booking for the Arnhem game at Phoenix Urban
9mmsleep'n pill
First Posting
First Posting

Postby 9mmsleep'n pill » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:33 pm

Finialy I get to sit down and post something ;)

I will echo whats already been said here......

Well done to the guys behind this HUGE task, on getting this off the ground :) "Well done guys"

Well done to all of us that made the HUGE effort in looking the part.

Got to admit, looking at the Brits, that kit looks far better than the US stuff, the guys that played the part of the Dutch " Brilliant" .......... Steve and Ben... top notch lads ;) "Juden" :lol:

Germans ?? what can i say.............. ?, we always look smart ;)
was good to see a wide range of troops.

Yet again it was good to meet the ww2 airsofters that Ive got to know over the last few years, and also some newer people to the scene.

Pissed that my MP44 decided to break 3 days before hand :twisted:

I'm not really a fan of Urban sites.............. Tho i would be definitely up for playing there again, Phoenix is the perfect Arnhem scenario.

I'll type this as the day went on, and what i can remember, and split it into 3 posts, as i hate long posts.
Tired ?? come and i will put you too sleep BANG BANG

9mmsleep'n pill
First Posting
First Posting

Postby 9mmsleep'n pill » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:46 pm

Morning game :-

Myself, Beth, Kermit and the young lad, actually started off the SS side (out on reccy), when we bumped into the Dutch Resistance, after stopping 3 of them we spotted some enemy movement........... "game on" Quickly moving through the first big factory, while Kermit was keeping the Paras heads down with the 42, i took out 3 guys and got one of our team mediced back in, "HIT" re spawn...

The second factory was a blast, with that old sofa lying there, got shot to shreds with Barry ?? (Bren gun ) LOL, the 2nd attempt at going through it i was just about to medic Ade back in when i think it was Oddball that slotted 3 rounds in to my belly ;) well aimed mate, had to laugh at the lad with the broom handle missing him at less that 5 meters away... LOL

After about 40+ mins Ade and I decided to do some out flanking maneuvers............... We bumped in to some Brits in the building next to the church, took out about 12 of them, only to be pinned down with Gadge and that blinking NOISY pistol :? .
Then back up arrived. With the snipers at the Bank ? windows they directed our attention to the smallish stricture in the middle of the grounds, I got the drop on 3 Dutch chaps, only to open up on Headshot and 1 other ( sorry Steve, you did try and go for the Tommy), then took the 4th Duchy, WOOOOT 4 prisoners, Also managed to secure the church before moving off with our now 5 Duchies, glad you could join up diggs.

We took them to our commanding officer, he told us to get rid of them, LOL we lined them up against the wall and shot them ............ (not really, shot above their heads)

Just before lunch i was respawning, when our team said the Brits are on there way to the bridge, I got pinned down in a battle at the last building at the bridge area (flower shop ?? ) Me against 10 LOL I think not, lobing dud grenades at each other was fun, i had to take the hit, as i don't think i could get out of it.

The morning game went brilliantly :)

9mmsleep'n pill
First Posting
First Posting

Postby 9mmsleep'n pill » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Afternoon game:-

Jesus !!! what went wrong ? Next time ignore the fireworks :? LOL

It took us ages to get anywhere in that factory with the bank in it, Lad (Dutch) with the shotgun made mincemeat of us, hiding up in that rubble :oops: We nearly had it, then pulled our troops out for a transport pick up ( it didn't happen ? ) back to square 1 again :?

That church was a major stumbling point :roll: 1 or 2 people NOT taking hits in there :(

Most of my afternoon was spent walking back and forth spawning back in.

At last we finally got the bank factory back 8) about 8 of us started to head in the direction of the bridge, when we got there, game was called :( CRAP !

After talking to some of the Brits, we only realized that they had the same problem in the morning.

9mmsleep'n pill
First Posting
First Posting

Postby 9mmsleep'n pill » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 pm

Day in a whole:-

I had a great day despite some people not taking hits. (afternoon only)

I cant wait till the next ww2 day at Phoenix.

The idea of paying the extra

neillblume
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby neillblume » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:31 pm

probably the wrong place for this but ...would it not be a good idea to use timers as objectives change hands the switch could be clicked and then one side cantr just win or lose in the last 10 minutes... you could add up the times....
9mm it was good to meet you after using your mag fix from the forum... :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vorsprung durch Blitzkreig !
Speed, aggression and Hugo Boss
the innocent have nothing to fear......[img][img][/img][/img]
Gadge
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Gadge » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:37 pm

The idea was to keep patrolling and be observant, i think too many players got caught up in 'seek and destroy' and not in 'secure the objective'

Quite deliberate that you coudl switch them at any point, it stops one side going around mopb handed as 30 guys and swamping the objective.

Now i admit i was an orgnaiser so knew roughly where they would be (but so should everybody else as they all had a map with each one marked on it)

And your briefings stated whihci ones were important.

Personally i thought they werevery easy to see.
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
9mmsleep'n pill
First Posting
First Posting

Postby 9mmsleep'n pill » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:44 pm

neillblume wrote:9mm it was good to meet you after using your mag fix from the forum... :)

:roll:

Like wise, always good to meet new ww2 players :)

That was someone elses mag idea. I just happened to keep the pics and re-post them ;)

Old Un

Postby Old Un » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:35 am

[quote="9mmsleep'n pill"]
The idea of paying the extra
Last edited by Old Un on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
H3b

Postby H3b » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:08 am

why didnt i get a map? :cry:
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:11 am

Oldsweat wrote:We liked the idea of having the airdrops, as it made them worth fighting over and a few BBs or pyros in the middle of the battle would be useful to either side, rather than just "capture that empty ammo box"

Plus they were supply drops... so shouldn't have had just ammo in them. From what I saw the Cloudy Lemonade, Dandelon and Burdock, Wine Gums and Jelly Babies went down very well... All period food stuffs... sorry I couldn't get period packaging for them! :)

I feel sorry for Headshot though with the supply drop he got... :twisted:
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Old Un

Postby Old Un » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:12 am

Coz it's well known women can't read them .....no...no....I didn't mean that Heather ....

*looks for delete post button*

Um, don't know the answer to that . Not all the Germans got them either but that was more due to having them in the wrong place at the wrong time .
Last edited by Old Un on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:13 am

We had loads left at the end... They were handed out when you booked in.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

H3b

Postby H3b » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:19 am

i blame Gadge he was booking us in :P

and oldsweat dear not gonna say anything about your remarks cos you are lovely and i will be seeing you in cornwall anyway... :D *is excited*

Edit: *is excited about cornwall, not just seeing oyu* haha...umm you will be there as german wont you?
Last edited by H3b on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
neillblume
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby neillblume » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:20 am

Oldsweat wrote:
Plus they were supply drops... so shouldn't have had just ammo in them. From what I saw the Cloudy Lemonade, Dandelon and Burdock, Wine Gums and Jelly Babies went down very well... All period food stuffs... sorry I couldn't get period packaging for them! :)

I feel sorry for Headshot though with the supply drop he got... :twisted:

Yes us Germans enjoyed the rare treat of tommie sweets he he....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vorsprung durch Blitzkreig !
Speed, aggression and Hugo Boss
the innocent have nothing to fear......[img][img][/img][/img]
Stu_t

Postby Stu_t » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:40 pm

just to echo what eveyone else has said it was an excelent day. Big thanks to CIA and all the players you made it well worth the trip accross the pond. We will definatly be looking to come back for another one.

Return to “Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far - April 2007”