Mine detector - SOLD

Old sales pushed here - locked as presume sold or no longer available

Moderators: Mattywheels, Chomley-Warner

Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Mine detector - SOLD

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Working British Army mine detector type 4c. Unlike earlier versions, this detector first used and standard issue in the 1960's, is low voltage and doesn't use valves, so a very practical addition to game organiser's kit (as used in several CiA games). It has been adapted to simply connect to any airsoft gun battery with a small Tamiya connector. Photo is illustrative of what the detector looks like.

Complete kit with:
Mine detector Head with foldout telescopic handle grip that can be strapped to one arm
One Set of rubber earphones with wiring harness to power pack
Power pack / amplifier / control box with '37 belt attachments with wiring to detector head
Search coil alignment test unit in bakelite housing
Copy of an original user handbook

on2591__2.jpg
on2591__2.jpg (142.05 KiB) Viewed 360 times

SWAPS: no
SPLITS: no
COST: £50
DELIVERY METHOD: post ~ insured post ~ courier ~ collect
DELIVERY COST: additional and very heavy
PAYMENT: paypal ~ cash ~ bank transfer
SEND OVERSEAS: no

The United Scientific Instruments No 4C mine detector was the standard mine detector of the British Army from 1968. Earlier models were the No 4 and No 4A. The No 4C comprises a search head mounted on a telescopic handle, an amplifier unit, headphones and connecting cables. For transport, the equipment is disassembled and carried in a wooden case, which also contains the spare battery, test boxes, extension cables and other accessories. The search head contains two mutually reacting inductance coils. Inductance is adjustable by means of a dust core trimmer assembly; when correctly adjusted, the mutual inductance of the two coils is in balance. When any metal component is brought within the field of the coils, the balance is distorted, resulting in an oscillating difference potential. This is then amplified by the amplifier unit and fed to the earphone as a distinctly audible signal. There are two modes of operation, one for detecting metallic mines in normal soil and the other for detection in heavily mineralized ground, or if there is likely to be metallic contamination on the surface. The mode of operation is selected by a switch on the amplifier unit. During use, the telescopic pole is extended, and one end is strapped to the forearm while the other is attached to the search head. The amplifier unit (which also contains the batteries) is clipped to the operator's belt, and both the search head cable and earphone lead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Mine detector

Postby prideofengland » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:22 pm

This sounds like fun, can I take at Copenhagen please?
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Re: Mine detector - SOLD

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Splendid - will try to arrange that...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Old sales archive”