Stalingrad Event Details

Army Group South event to be held at Xsite, Bucks.
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Stalingrad Event Details

Postby dadio » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 pm

although this doesent affect me im a little suprised and disapointed about the change in age limit, whats the motivation behind it?
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm afraid I'ts not our choice guys but is a stipulation of the site operators :(
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
agent orange
Veteran
Veteran

Postby agent orange » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:17 am

That a real shame, but I am a bit confused. The Xsite web site says it allows under 16’s with parental consent.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:07 am

agent orange wrote:That a real shame, but I am a bit confused. The Xsite web site says it allows under 16’s with parental consent.

Indeed it does and hence the initial statement that it was 11 or over, but for this site they have stipulated to us that it is 16 and over :( Risk assesments and PLI terms are done on a per site basis, this is is an industrial complex which is right next to a river and a weir so I guess is deemed a higher risk by the powers that be.

We (AGS) are as disapointed as you guys as it is our policy is to allow and positively encourage the younger players.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:07 am

We're all a little disappointed - especially as the youngsters that came to Giogo and Rhineland all behaved impeccably.

Unfortunately we're bound by terms that Xsite have with their insurers and in this particular case the risk assessors aren't happy insuring under 16s. To be fair to them Papermill is a lot more hazardous than your average woodland site.
Pinkpanzer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Pinkpanzer » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:14 am

Sounds great Andy, count me in for the jerries
Gollob
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Gollob » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:12 am

Add me to the list of Heroic Defenders of the Motherland.
Everything for the Front. Everything for Victory.
Gollob
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Gollob » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:28 am

From the photos of the site I hope that factory floor is going to have piles of building rubble and scrap metal and machinery and the like, so not only will it look like a half ruined and recently working factory, but also give cover to fight over.
django
Veteran
Veteran

Postby django » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:06 pm

i would think its going to be mostly cleaned up and empty in there, its too much of a risk for site owners if people call fall arse over s##t on rubble or rip their leg open on some rusty metal framework sticking out abit. dont get me wrong, id like to see lots of rubble and half destroyed buildings but the insurance people go crazy if theres anything sticking out to trip you up. it was identified at my woodland site that there is a chance of a large tree branch falling on somebody so the insurers asked the site runners to cut down all the trees, gods honest truth!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gollob
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Gollob » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:33 pm

I would expect to see something in there even if its things like oil drums, wooden boxes, and overturned tables. If the building interior is empty then its going to be a pretty awful environment to skirmish in.
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 am

Gollob wrote:I would expect to see something in there even if its things like oil drums, wooden boxes, and overturned tables

Feel free to bring some along :rofl:
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 am

Gollob wrote:I would expect to see something in there even if its things like oil drums, wooden boxes, and overturned tables. If the building interior is empty then its going to be a pretty awful environment to skirmish in.

Nobody's forcing you to come. If you don't like the look of it, don't book.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
stof
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby stof » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 am

Gollob wrote:I would expect to see something in there even if its things like oil drums, wooden boxes, and overturned tables. If the building interior is empty then its going to be a pretty awful environment to skirmish in.

Sounds like you haven't played at many urban sites, quite the opposite actually,remember these games are fought as units not individuals scrabbling about in the rubble ,there will be more than enough cover,try it ,you'll enjoy it.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 am

You'd be surprised, those roof supports and internal offices look like they provide plenty of cover. The factory buildings at Bramley Training area are all empty, and they were great fun to fight in/through/around.

It just means you have to think a bit more, rather than just going all CoD and running for the next bit of conveniently placed cover.
Gollob
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Gollob » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:02 am

Well Stoff and diselmonkey I hope your right, I think this site has potential, even though the main building from the photo has an interior thats looking sod all like one during the battle. I've done some urban games before and they usually have buildings divided into rooms and coridoors, not an almost empty open plan floor. Still thankfully we can skirmish around and outside the building too and the other buildings on that site.

Steiner, I'm prepaired to give this a try, as the saying goes "Don't knock it till you try it". Besides an event like this give me an oppertunity to liquidate baby killing pit vipers.

BedsnHerts. Could you explain the joke? If I had the money and time spare I'd hire a van and visit the nearest recycling centre and decorate the place up for you, but I don't and I'm not the event organisor so that isn't my responsibilty.

Return to “Stalingrad: City of Fire - Event cancelled”