Thanks to all

A Gunman Airsoft 'D-Day' series battle weekend
Gadge
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Re: Thanks to all

Postby Gadge » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:23 am

Owen wrote:
Also I will say Gadge, you are a bloody good commander. Came across fully immersed in what your doing but without making anyone feel uncomfortable, and gave good firm direction with friendliness to back it up. :good: .

Very kind of you to say so. Its a tricky balance between being directing and setting the scene and not hacking people off by being too bossy :)

I definitely think you should get yourself a tank destruction award between now and the next event!
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
BedsnHerts
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby BedsnHerts » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 am

Mattywheels wrote:The thing that I found most 'jarring' about the event, was the way some guys decided to stand around in the open, out of gun range and just watch the action.

Yes, that's real open-day behaviour, as is engaging on the very limit of your gun's range, emptying mag after mag and not moving forward if there's even a whiff of danger :roll:

Having authority figures in the form of designated COs and NCOs is a great way to nudge people out of their comfort zones and get some adrenaline flowing, but if you have a bunch of guys that just aren't interested, there's not much you can do.
bosh
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bosh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 am

The idea of the weekends battle was fighting to get through the Gothic line.
this would have been a massive operation, i know we cannot represent the artillery and bombing in airsoft,but just think about it! if you are a lone wolf close to the enemy then you would be under all the bombing and artilery, the comand team know where the squads are and that would keep them safe! ish

so it is unrealistic to be lone wolfing in a major battle you would be blown to shit!
try to get into the ordinary ww2 solider mind set, not SAS

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage[img]
ImageImageImageImage
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gunman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 am

After reading all the thanks thread I think ill set up a feedback thread too as there is some great feedback on here but is clogging up a thanks for coming thread.
I will address every issue that's been put forward and work on encouraging groups to stay focused in game more. The A5 rule book would be a good addition, along with a small site map and a page or 2 for notes. I can even PDF them so you guys can download them and print them off into period looking note books.
Also rule placks on CP, HQ and dead markers for objectives like AT guns. The task lists and orders can also be propared earlier but I don't want to take to much of the organic play out the field.

I think we have covered the Lone Wolfing issue which was to be fair a vary minor part of the weekend but has had a lot of coverage. If guys want to play sniper teams I have rules for that. Also anyone on such a mission can only regenerate at HQ, that gives the 2 man ambush team something to do and removes them from the battle long emough to be an exciting role but a vary rare engagement. My job is to run a game that tries to cater for everyone which I have always done, but not at the sacrifice of the majority.

All good guys and I can't wait to try out all the new ideas and give the 2013 update another outing.
:good:
Heer Schmidt
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 am

Ramsay00105 wrote:So thanks to all of you again and I hope to see you at events in future. In particular thanks for proving to us that Craig is not unique and that there are others out there like him. :)

what!?
:shock: :evil: :? :|

Gadge

Postby Gadge » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 am

Gunman wrote:
I think we have covered the Lone Wolfing issue which was to be fair a vary minor part of the weekend but has had a lot of coverage.
:good:

Its a small incident that caused most the other issues though mate.

It ruins the plan, puts pressure on the side refs thats uneccesary, narks of the other team (and in this case their own team).

It's against the rules so surely doing it is cheating as much as not hit taking?
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gunman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 am

Agreed, but was still a small part of a great weekend. I've seen there is another thread In general now for general topic which is a great idea. I don't want it debated on my thanks thread;) this thread should be all about the good points. At the mo it looks like the event was a disaster and it wasn't!
Heer Schmidt
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 am

Indeed it wasn't! Personally we had a fantastic weekend as the Krad unit, laying mines, doing recon and being the "fire brigade" to provide (or try to) support when and where required.

Big thanks to Josh and all the crew, and to James and Dog Co for getting such a great site and for their fabulous hospitality on Friday evening.

Lots of great moments and highlights throught the game. taking out the entire Brit commando section with a single mortar round was particularly satisfying. The only downer was on Sunday morning,knocking off one of my exhaust silencers on the krad after recklessly steaming into an engagement and then frantically reversing out of the gunfire without looking behind and driving into one of the horse jumps. :slap: luckily only the exhaust bracket damaged and the bike did sound rather juicy without the silencer! :lol:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 am

Indeed it wasn't a disaster at all - twas a very enjoyable event. I'm always amazed how Josh manages to accommodate disparate groups and game ideals within one game - having groups that think it is fun avoiding the enemy altogether for half a day to the macho gun-ho groups that just want head on battles to those that are happiest bobbing in and out of the action - all within one game. All other games are much more prescriptive and restricted. It is a great mix and there really is something for everyone in the WW2 airsoft scene. :good:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Had a great weekend Zug1 were great even tho we got out numbered from the start we worked as a team
Really enjoyed myself
Only downer (which ppl already said LW) but other then that what a weekend
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Wladek wrote:
Ramsay00105 wrote:So thanks to all of you again and I hope to see you at events in future. In particular thanks for proving to us that Craig is not unique and that there are others out there like him. :)

what!?

Hehehe, I think only as few of us who were in Baker know the referance :wink:
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Absolutely, lets get this back on track. I had an excellent time on a fantastic site with an equally great bunch of people. More friendly new faces along with plenty of the old ones and great hopsitality at every campfire (real or plug in ) I visited, which was most I think. :giggle:

A big thanks Josh, all commanders, the vehicle owners and well everyone really. A special mention to Zug 1, especially those who stuck with the plan the whole time, particularly my Radiomen Roel and Martin for their very able assistance.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Hehehe, I think only as few of us who were in Baker know the referance

Indeed :lol:

Just to echo the coments above, we seem to have got a bit diverted about gameplay styles.

It was a great weekend and I'd do it again straight away. The big battles are truely epic and provide an experience rather different to the smaller WW2 airsoft games as you have genuine company-ish sized forces doing stuff which feels like a WW2 battle and is able to encompass the expectations of lots of different players. The smaller games also work, but feel more like platoon sized battles.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 pm

MartinR wrote:
Hehehe, I think only as few of us who were in Baker know the referance

Indeed :lol:

Well?

Ramsay00105
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Ramsay00105 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Wladek wrote:

what!?

I had the distinct pleasure of commanding the laconic, diffident, stylish and suitably reluctant soldier in the shape of Trooper from Doncaster. He is indeed a DoppelWladek. He never failed to cheer up my day. :good:
15 Plt. C Coy 2 Batt. S STAFFORDS 1st Airlanding Brigade 1st Airborne Division
The Hallamshire Battalion Y&L Regiment 146 Infantry Brigade 49 Inf Division

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Gothic Line - 17/18th November 2012”