Post Churchill's Revenge reports

Announcements, Rules, and Booking for the Commando Mission at IED.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:44 pm

yes, same here... but a ditch wouldn't have worked through them.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Helga Geerhart
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Yith some of us didn't have chance to do anything either, I feel somewhat the us and them thing has become more of an issue of the look at what they've got issue :roll: , although yes we did have a site (I believe yours was set up much the same by those that slept there friday night? ) from the perspective of someone who arrived on the Saturday morning, we walked down to the CP (ours at that point being some walk from the main enterance and were tooled up, briefed and it was off for the first skirmish, our tent didn't go up until the same time as yours, believe me or not but it did not go up until then as we did not have the time to do it until then :roll: and the axis site was not done throughout the day.

We walked over to your site and gawd knows where else I walked during saturday I'd kinda lost track at some points which way was up down left and right never mind north east south and west.

Get dry and warm :? well I guess soggy under a tarp classes as that then yes I was dry and warm not :lol: but indeed we did have that and noone has said anything that but that they didn't sympathise with the allies on that issue. I appreciate that it took you time but you just seem to pooh pooh all the effort some of the axis were up against, I'm trying currently to work out where the fluff the nearest launderette is to wash our sleeping bag as albeit we knew it was wet on waking sunday morning, it seems there was more mud/water in than we'd realised. Our tent leaked (from underneath and through the canvas but we won't talk of that huh) and we were lucky that we had brought spare tarp with us (some was used to extend the tarp already up from the Friday night) and that some of the lads that left us on the saturday night kindly donated more to our cause, suffice to say we slept in it tho I think at that point we'd have slept in the mud bath outside by that point :lol: .

Best thing I did was have a pastie in my breadbag, MY was it flat by the time I actually got to eat it at 2pm (did not have chance from breakfast at 830am to eat and that was just a bowl of cereal), but had it not been in my bread bag I would not have eaten I also thought to put things like hard boiled sweets in my pocket (sugar) and a fruit bar, I thought it was a common sense type thing to carry food with me :oops: obviously not :oops:

I also had to wear the ever so fashionable food bags on my feet as my boots were so sodden and I had no spares.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 pm

Fair enough... more detail comes to the fore. More things to stop the us and them attitude. All good.

Well done for keeping with it!

Gliderrider
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gliderrider » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 pm

I had a great weekend but Eaven though I Packed my stuff in seperate bags, I didnt tie them up, so my dry spair cloths wernt. That is the one thing I would change, the main thing that spoiled the weekend and it was my mistake, and mine alone. Great weekend and a very big thankyou to everyone who was involved with the orgonisation.
Gadge
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Gadge » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:58 pm

Thats true actually

Only two zlet tents (del and kermit)
My basha
Guys pup tent and a flectarn tent were up friday night, all the others were put up in between games between about 2 and 6pmin the pouring rain.
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Without wishing to labour this point any further.

I did also tell everyone at the Allied briefing that they didn't need overnight stuff but that they should take everything they needed for the day as we would be out until 7pm. That and not one of the Brits had a brew kit on them...WTF?! ;) :D

I was a Scout for years....'Be prepared' is in my constitution.

;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gliderrider
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gliderrider » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:02 pm

HeadShot wrote: That and not one of the Brits had a brew kit on them...WTF?! ;) :D

;)

I know you are wrong, I had mine, that is what was at the gerry camp.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:03 pm

HeadShot wrote:Without wishing to labour this point any further.

I did also tell everyone at the Allied briefing that they didn't need overnight stuff but that they should take everything they needed for the day as we would be out until 7pm. That and not one of the Brits had a brew kit on them...WTF?! ;) :D

;)

Well I for one didn't hear this... I even had the plan for the weekend and was sure that we'd be back at camp before the assault on the 88.

Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Yith wrote:Fair enough... more detail comes to the fore. More things to stop the us and them attitude. All good.

Well done for keeping with it!

we now in sync with the posts pmsl ? :oops: I had many moments of down troddeness ( think I just made that up :oops: ) over the saturday, I was just very grateful in my past I have been a very seasoned camper/walker and was if anything prepared for almost anything :oops: the only thing that boosted me to keep going and assist in keeping along with everyones chipper mood was comments like "its only rain" or "whats that I'm sure I can see blue sky" amongst many many other utter diatribe gibberings I made to amuse the others :lol:

The guys we captured in the first ambush of the day were left in our "luxurious" camp that was just starting to resemble shreks homeland :lol: under a tarp, I thought that was a nice touch, they weren't out in the open they had chance to sit down (albeit it on damp floor as we did) and could have eaten then ..... dunno if any did or if any thought to be that prepared ? they'll have to reply :lol: I was very nice I said on leaving the site where there was a kettle, they had access to our water and I even told them where MY teabags/coffee/sugar/coffeemate was so they could have had a warm brew ...... am assuming they either didn't hear that, assumed I was jesting (tho those that camped with me will know it was am a share an share alike person, if I have sommat someone hasn't I will offer) or they just chose not to, that is as said for them to concur tho.

Ps I was also very pleasant to them and tried to pass on my annoying enthusiasm :oops:
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Oh dear - it's gone quiet.

No more we-were-wetter/hungrier/further-away/colder moans? :P :P

Good! Let's have some tales of daring-do and sneakyness....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gliderrider
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gliderrider » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

I was in that first ambushed party, and was very gratful for being under the tarp, though I did make a brew I dont think many ppl had snap with them.
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:17 pm

:lol: I wasn't wetter than anyone skins waterproof :D

my bravest moment :lol: finding the ladies and not being disturbed or photographed in my zeltaloo :lol: :D
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:20 pm

Gliderrider wrote:I was in that first ambushed party, and was very gratful for being under the tarp, though I did make a brew I dont think many ppl had snap with them.

See had they gone in the bag I said my teabags were in there was a large stash of flapjack (that was mine but I packed the same amount for Che and Carl)

Mental note for future pmsl if I say help yaself ... it means it :roll: I wouldn't have wanted to see anyone go hungry. There was talk of me setting up a Kantine Mutterhelga at any future events :lol:
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:23 pm

Gliderrider wrote:I was in that first ambushed party, and was very gratful for being under the tarp, though I did make a brew I dont think many ppl had snap with them.

Hey wow.

It was lucky we weren't all waiting on Hill 486 for you guys to get dropped back in the game. Oh, wait a minute, we were. :shock: ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:25 pm

... for about an hour and a half....

Return to “Churchill's Revenge - June 2007”