Any Questions ? Post them here Please

A Legion of the Damned game to be held at Drakelow Tunnels, near Kinver
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Any Questions ? Post them here Please

Postby Joker » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Tiny wrote:
Joker wrote:Appreciate the loan offer, cheers; however I'm a 50"+ chest.

I've got my jacket available if you want to borrow it mate. Don't think i'm wearing it on the day. I'm a big bloke, last suit I bought was either a 52 or 54 chest. Think the pants are ok too. I just need to make sure I won't need them, and i'll pencil 'em in for you to borrow. Might have a belt too :good:

Cheers for that - I should be ok now though ( I have a cunning plan, my lord ......... ;) )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby dadio » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:03 am

how will i fare with hob nail boots in the tunnels? would it be best to find an alternative boot?
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 am

dadio wrote:how will i fare with hob nail boots in the tunnels? would it be best to find an alternative boot?

I was joking around with some germans last year at Anarchy about them falling over and slipping. But apparently none of them did. They however may of just been putting a brave face on it! :giggle:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 am

I've played there with hobnailed jackboots and hobnailed low boots there with no problem but you obviously have to be careful - I've also used 'em down the UCAP tunnels too. Impossible to be quiet and sneaky but sound awesome when stomping! Millions of soldiers in WW2 wore hobnailed boots so I think the issue is more of being not used to wearing hobnailed boots, if you see what I mean.

The worst experience I've had wearing studded boots was at the Château game where I was slipping all the time indoors - solely (geddit?) because of BBs on the ground making it a skating rink. So I'd say a scattering of BBs is more hazardous than hobnails and the two together make things really tricky.

The tunnels at Drakelow are swept by the staff after/before each event so the 'problem' only arises as the day progresses and even then only at hard-fought areas (the floor area of the site is vast).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simon
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm

hi whats the accepted lighting options, having played here before, its dark as ....a really dark thing. Im actually playing there this sunday in a modern game and therefore have a red lazer, tactical light etc, but obviously for a ww2 event these would not be appropriate, what options are allowed or is it literally playing in the dark. cheers :shock:
ImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 pm

all players should carry a small low powered torch

light a army right angle torch or a small AA size maglight

no huge torches, ultra bright leds or other such stuff. and NO LASERS :D

half the site is lit, half isnt. i found that when you stay in a dark tunnel for half an hour with NO LIGHT at all you can make out objects up to 3 or 4 feet away due to Ultra low light levels coming from the side tunnels

ALL players will be given a RED glowstick to hold in the air when they are dead. keep it in a handy pocket but covered up
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Simon
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 pm

:good:
ImageImageImage
bigkie
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby bigkie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Finally managed to sort diary to be down for this one so just wanted to chehck on numbers of FJ on the list? As the borrowing of kit is a unlikely option for one so manly so just want to see if i will be only FJ at the party? Still have my Volkstrum arm band though so that may be another option if Porta your ok with that chap?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:10 pm

There are some who have said there coming as FJ

Heer and FJ are the "garrision" guards. the SS troops are the fuhrers personal guard. both teams will operate independently of each other. they will work together at times, but each will have its own objectives and commander.

ive not planned for any volksturm. If you have FJ , please use it, if you only have volksturm, im not sure how i would fit it into the plot, ill have a think. :|
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 pm

bigkie wrote:Finally managed to sort diary to be down for this one so just wanted to chehck on numbers of FJ on the list? As the borrowing of kit is a unlikely option for one so manly so just want to see if i will be only FJ at the party? Still have my Volkstrum arm band though so that may be another option if Porta your ok with that chap?

I'm hoping to go as FJ :good:
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Will we need to carry the day's rats around with us, or just immediate fluids and snacks ? (and bangs, lots of bangs !! :twisted: )
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:02 am

the plan is to eat in the tunnels, so at the least take a bag with essenstals and leave it in the german safe zone. then if we have a sort break for lunch (or fight through in shifts) you dont have to go out to the car.
TheChef
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby TheChef » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Any plans for some sound effects in the tunnels like at Anarchy, I think the sound of air raid sirens and German propaganda in the distance while creeping through the dark tunnels really added to the "atmosphere"
German
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russian
ImageImageImage
British
ImageImageImageImage
Japanese
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 pm

The same sound system from anarchy will be used a Fuhrers , but with different sounds and audio.

(Oddball has kindly loaned it to me for the event)

There will be lots of sirens and explosions

:good:

Return to “The Fuhrer's Escape - 9th December 2012”