LAST MINUTE UPDATE TONIGHT FOR THE GAME

A Legion of the Damned game to be held at Drakelow Tunnels, near Kinver
Joseph Porta
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

LAST MINUTE UPDATE TONIGHT FOR THE GAME

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 pm

right chaps less than a week to go and i need you all to do something very important.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES.

Its a list of all the game rules. I will cover them quickly on the day,as some people attending don't have Internet access, but I really want everyone to know them, that way if a player who hasn't got forum access is unsure, we can all help, and keep the game at a good standard.

Rules For The Führer's Escape - 8th/9th December 2012

1. Weapons

Any WW2 era Airsoft weapon is allowed. Players can choose the weapon they prefer, SMG, LMG, Rifle, Pistol or SOFT Close combat LARP weapons

THE FINAL DECISION ON AMMO.

Each soldier has 300 rounds of usable ammo. (you can carry 15,000 loaded in mags if you want, but you can only use the allowance of 300 between resupplys)

soldiers can ONLY RESUPPLY FROM AMMO CRATES. There will be 1 ammo crate at each HQ (out of bounds to opposing sides, so players will always have ammo available)

Each Squad leader will also have an ammo crate.

When a player "Dies" they do not get a new ammo allowance, the players can only get fresh ammo by going to the HQ or seeking out the squad leader, or getting in a friendly vehicle, Where upon they can resupply.

EG , Joseph porta has an mp40 and 300 rounds,
i shoot 3 mags of 50 of then die.
i go to the regen and come back in, ive still only got 150 rounds left.
I die again after fireing 25 rounds, i regen, ive only got 125 rounds left.
I see the Halftrack/squad leader close by,
i hop in and reload my mags
im back at 300 rounds again

Squad leaders will have an ammo can/crate to simulate the ammo

Squad leaders can move up and resupply troops, its a mobile ammo resupply.

ANY SOLDIER CAN RELOAD AND RESUPPLY IF THEY GET INSIDE A FRIENDLY VEHICLE.
(if you see a friendly Vehicle ask to get in and reload , then get out again and continue)

SUPPORT WEAPONS carry 1500 rounds, any friendly soldier can empty his ammo (up to 300 rds into a support gunners weapon)

This system will be self policing, please use it, and honour the spirit of the game.

A player can sneak around and go it alone if the situation needs it but ammo will be tight.
In large battles Squad leaders and vehicles will have to assist the infantry with resupply.

a player can fire ammo all day long, if they stay in the vehicle, but men on foot will have limited ammo (close to real steel maximum load) 10 mags of 30 rounds weighs a lot, trust me, as does 5 boxes of mg ammo.

So to recap, you only get fresh ammo allowance and top up your 300 rounds when you ,

1. go to your Squad leader
2. go to the HQ
3. go to a friendly vehicle

The FPS limit for all weapons is 350 FPS with a .20g BB. (This is due to the close urban nature of the site.)
Those with rifles using gas (Tanaka rifles) would be under the 350 limit is used with HFC 134A gas ONLY. (red gas, ultra and green are out)

Short bursts are fine, please don't give someone a 20 round burst, 5 or 6 rounds will do.

If you sneak up on an opponent, Shoot them with 1 round only. A nice way is to melee kill you opponent by touching them with a open hand softley, or with a SOFT larp type weapon (rubber knife, bayonet or axe)

2. Stealth Kills

If you get the chance for a stealth kill, (the enemy is alone and doesn't see you until you touch them with an open hand or SOFT weapon) then whisper "STEALTH KILL" the enemy should then lie down quietly, and do nothing to alert their team. do not regen or move until the stealth killers are clear. (They were good enough to get you! Give them the chance to continue and get clear before regening)

The idea is to tap them, not knock them out!

Here is a short clip showing first how NOT to do it, then how to do it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcbMD8THKBQ[/youtube]

The first stealth kill is done wrongly, using a HARD object (a cast iron frying pan) and a full power blow. This is wrong and you would be committing an assault.

The second stealth kill immediately afterwards is done correctly, using a SOFT object ( a foam sausage) and just skimming the victim, a "soft" touch. This is what I want

3. Bandages/Medic

Any player can apply a bandage to another wounded player.
Melee Kills, kill instantly and do not count as wounds
BB fire on the first instance is a wound, then bandage. A second hit you are killed and must regen att your base.

When hit, FALL TO THE FLOOR, and SHOUT "HIT" "ARRGH" "MEDIC" Let the person know they hit you, then they wont shoot again.
So many times over the years ive seen players just walk off, pissed at being shot, but because the shooter doesn't see a signal of a hit, they shoot again. PLEASE show that your hit, it saves so much trouble.

I prefer the lie down on your back rule as it shows your hit clearly. lying down on your back with hands in the air is a very clear sign your not shooting back! (keep arms over your face if you fall in a hot firefight), OR raise your hands and run out of the line of fire shouting " HIT HIT HIT" as loud as you can, then lie down in a safe place.
Once the shooting dies down, then regen at base as normal

REGEN RULES

FLAGS

There will be 8 Regen Points in the tunnel system. REGEN POINTS MUST NOT BE MOVED!

Each Regen point will have 2 flags, 1 Red or geman flag , 1 Blue or US flag

All the flags will be RED/German at game start,

A RED flag is a GERMAN REGEN. - Germans can spawn here as long as the flag is NOT under fire

A BLUE flag is an AMERICAN REGEN - Americans can spawn here as long as the flag is NOT under fire

The flag can only be changed to a friendly colour when 5 soldiers in an unwounded state are within 9 feet / 3 metres of the flag for 1 minute.

Therefore a lone soldier CANNOT shut down a REGEN , it takes a squad of five to capture it and make it Usable.

These rules work very well for area capture.

4. Pyro................ Pyro is being discussed with the site owners at present.
BFGs are allowed up to 9mm, but under arm only. (and its very dark so they would get lost easily)
Pyro will be supplied by first and only on the day. or you can bring you own TLSFX pyro
MK5s, Ball Grenades and Stick Grenades only.
NO THERMOBARICS. The use of Thermobarics has been discontinued in the tunnels, due to excessive smoke.

5: You have to be over 16 with an adult, or 18 on your own.

6: ENJOY YOURSELF. get in to the mindset of the ww2 filmsim event. There is no such thing as Overacting. Just have FUN and be safe. Dont do to others what you wouldnt like done to yourself.

7: VEHICLES
The american Force will have a Tank, with co-ax MG and a T-25 Armored car with MG mount.

The Plan is for the Germans to have a small Troop Transport (a mocked up Sd.Kfz. 250) it has a crew of two, it holds 6 passengers, who can all fire their weapons, and an MG42 mounted

The following rules will be explained to everyone on the day, but read and learn them now. Safety is paramount around moving vehicles

Vehicles will have a top speed of 5mph in the tunnels.
Vehicles will have a top speed of 10mph when outside the tunnels.
Vehicles WILL ALWAYS have a commander looking out of the back when reversing.
The Commander will always SHOUT, "VEHICLE REVERSING" before it does.
NEVER walk in Front or alongside a moving vehicle, only behind.
All drivers will rev the engine BEFORE moving.
Vehicles that are remaining static for more than 2 minutes will switch off engines.
Commanders will ensure all passengers get on and off safely, and that the area is CLEAR, BEFORE allowing drivers to move.
American Vehicles must be destroyed with a "NON LETHAL MOLOTOV" (picture to follow) dropped in to the vehicle, these will be issued on the day.
The German Sd.Kfz. 250 is all steel (and has no roof , so no over-pressure risk) and has no fire risk, regular mk5 flashbangs may be "Dropped" inside.
BB fire may be directed at crew members, BUT NOT THE DRIVERS PLEASE (though Drivers do have Armour on all vehicles)
Passengers inside the troop carriers when hit by bb fire should shout "HIT" very loud and drop down inside the vehicle,or behind cover to avoid any more fire.(other crew may still be shooting out of the vehicle, and staying in sight will attract unwanted bb fire)
No shooting in to a vehicle point blank (think normal airsoft, no sticking a weapon into a hatch or opening and blind firing inside.) shooting at visible crew from a normal range is fine. no point blank fire.
The crew must have line of sight to fire from the vehicle, no blind firing out of hatches or over turret roofs.
If a vehicle is destroyed by molotov or grenade, its is "out of action" for 15 minutes, (it will remain in place to allow the game to flow around it and it will raise a RED flag to show its destroyed and out of action) when the 15 mins is up it will then move to its start location, and when the crew are happy, it can redeploy in to the game.

A great deal of common sense must be used, but im confident it will be.
The CIA game in 2010, and the Anarchy game in 2011 both used vehicles with no problems, and I would like this to continue.
The tunnels can be very difficult to move down under fire, a vehicle forms a nice mobile bunker, and allows both teams freedom of movement down otherwise locked down areas.

I cannot stress to much, vehicles need close infantry support to survive, its teamwork in its finest form, a lone vehicle is a magnet to anti tank teams.

I hope you all read and understand the above rules, please feel free to post questions here, with everyone playing SAFE the game can have a "combined arms" feel to it and be more fun and fluid.

8: Don't be a Bell End! This rule covers everything. Before you do anything, think to yourself,"Would this be seen as a thing a BELL END would do?" if it is, then you shouldnt be doing it.

Which means, effectively, respect your fellow players and organisers, be considerate of their experience as well as yours and use your common sense.

SLEEPING OVER

Players can arrive from 1700 hrs and sleep in the tunnels overnight, bring a camp bed or roll mat and beer/drinky of choice.

Reveille will be at 0700 HRS PROMPT, ALL PERSONAL KIT MUST BE AWAY AND IN YOUR CARS BY 0815

After a Gentle wake up at 0700, a VERY LOUD wake up will follow at 0705, so any lazy bones or drunkards will be roused.

ONLY PLAYERS BRINGING VEHICLES can arrive at 1530 HRS, so i can let you in the tunnels via the VEHICLE entrance for safe overnight storage.

I cant unlock both gates at once so players can arrive early but i wont let people in untill 1700 when ive got the rest of the site locked down.

KIT LIST

ENOUGH FOOD WATER AND ANY MEDICAL EQUIPMENT YOU NEED FOR 24 HOURS
Beer/drinky of choice for social if your staying saturday.
Sleeping bag- with cot bed or roll mat recommended
A low power torch - must have :D i ve always forgot mine
Uniform
gun
batterys / gas
bbs
spare clothing, if you need it
anything else to make your event comfortable for YOUR needs.

there is no food provided, you must be self sufficient.

5 days to go, then the fun begins

Death Warrant
Veteran
Veteran

Re: LAST MINUTE UPDATE TONIGHT FOR THE GAME

Postby Death Warrant » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Possibly a little sad to admit but i'm getting excited about this, first ww2 game in 4 years and my first as a German, BRING IT ON!!!!!!! :good:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jimmiiee
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jimmiiee » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Like a kid at christmas

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm

UPDATED PLEASE READ EVERYONE :D
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm

cant wait even swapped over for infantry for this game :) and this had nothing with my airborne uniform becoming tight :rofl:

roll on sunday morning if its half as good (and it will be) as last year we all in for a treat :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
oddball

Postby oddball » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Now I have to bring the sausages with me again :giggle:

Shame I left the electric chair at SWAT would be good for warming everyone up in the evening. :whistle:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jJJJdXjSo[/youtube]
Last edited by oddball on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tiny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tiny » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 pm

oddball wrote:Shame I left the electric chair at SWAT

no its not, trust me!
My Two Cents.....
Tiny

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"I'll show you 'ow the English knock the top off a egg"

Weapons:-
MP40
Dboys K98
MG42
Thompson
plus loads of other modern day crap
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm

CHARGE YOUR BATTERYS

PACK YOUR KIT

DONT FORGET FOOD AND DRINK FOR 24 HOURS

A GAS BURNER AND FRYING PAN WILL BE PROVIDED.

Ill bring 25 litres of drinking water, but everyone bring a bottle of their own as well please :good:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm

:good: :D

Return to “The Fuhrer's Escape - 9th December 2012”