Uniform Ramblings

An AGS game to be held UCAP Sandpit site
14th July 2012
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Uniform Ramblings

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I was going to say damn you for making me look into kreigsmarine uniforms but I've just realised I have most of it already. :slap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Uniform Requirements

Postby Boshman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:I was going to say damn you for making me look into kreigsmarine uniforms but I've just realised I have most of it already. :slap:

:good:

for Coastal artillery and Flak units, it's a standard feldgrau M40 tunic but with anchor buttons, KM litzen breast eagle and shoulderboards. Belt buckle is the same as the Heer "Got mitt uns" buckle but gold coloured.although they were commonly painted feldgrau along with the buttons anyway.

we'll be putting up a KM costal artillery kit guide shortly for those who fancy it and there will be some special toys for the 22 Flak brigade to play with. :whistle:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 pm

I was actually thinking of going for the proper kriegsmarine look like in the pic martin put up not the Coastal defence troops. KM middy tops are cheap and require minimal insignia, plus it should be warm enough not to need a peacoat in July. I have my Soviet navy trousers as stand ins for KM ones- ok they're black not navy blue but real KM ones are pretty dark. Everything else is essentially the same as Heer kit other than maybe repainting my belt buckle & helmet eagle.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:I was actually thinking of going for the proper kriegsmarine look like in the pic martin put up not the Coastal defence troops. KM middy tops are cheap and require minimal insignia, plus and it should be warm enough not to need a peacoat in July. I have my Soviet navy trousers as stand ins for KM ones- ok they're black not navy blue but real KM ones are pretty dark. Everything else is essentially the same as Heer kit other than maybe repainting my belt buckle & helmet eagle.

That fine too mate, there were a large variety of KM troops and personnel in the port as well as the harbour defense companies which were the dockyard workers and engineers who were also armed and trained to defend the docks and guard the ships against attack. Blue or Black overalls with a KM breast eagle would also be perfectly acceptable.

It would be great to have a decent naval contingent present in one form or another.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
_rich_
Veteran
Veteran

Postby _rich_ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm

hope this is of some help with German Uniform
Private first class (Matrosengefreiter) Kriegsmarine landing units, 1940
01 - M-35 helmet with Kriegsmarine decal
02 - privates' and NCOs' jacket, Matrosengefreiter insignia on the sleeve
03 - standard trousers
04 - boots
05 - M-38 gas mask with canister
06 - leather main belt with ammo pouches
07 - M-31 tarpaulin breadbag
08 - mess kit with cup
09 - Mauser 98k rifle
WW2 Amory
Axis
MG34
STG44
MP40,s
K98 Springer Sniper Rifle
Luger P08
MP40-BF
PPK-BF
KMZ/BMW R71 Combo
--------------------------------------------
Allied
Sten
Thompson M1A1
M1 Carbine
PPSH 41
3 x 1911A1
1942 Willys MB + Trailer
ImageImageImageImageImage
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:22 am

BedsnHerts wrote: There were also a number of U-Boot and ships crew on shore leave.

Now thats tempting, not often you get a chance to do u boat crew, and just watched Das Boot. Trouble is how many uniforms should a sane man buy?
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 am

Plead insanity and go for it. :wink:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 am

I long ago came to the conclusion we wouldn't be here if we were totally sane. Besides I hear sanity is over rated.

It would be great to have a decent naval contingent present in one form or another.

It certainly would. If the majority want to go CD rather than KM I'm ok with either to fit the norm, I'm not nearly as precious over KM as RKKF naval infantry. KM does stike me as easier though, especially for those that don't like sewing.
jo chambers
First Posting
First Posting

Postby jo chambers » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 am

is this gunna be alimited ammo day or as much as you can carry ?
jo chambers
First Posting
First Posting

Postby jo chambers » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 am

if it helps anyone east german navy kit is available on sfrankish site on ebay :-)
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:14 am

jo chambers wrote:is this gunna be alimited ammo day or as much as you can carry ?

No it will be a limited ammo per life. The full details will be posted so keep em peeled but usually it will be 200 rds per life for SMG`s Rifles etc. Support weapons will be more.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:31 pm

BedsnHerts wrote:BRITISH

Acceptable:
47 Pat BD
Denison Smock (not seen at St. Nazaire but we’ll allow it)
Cap comforter

And is this not also an excellent opportunity for the Tam O Shanter?

I think I'm correct in saying it was No 2 Commando's headwear of choice until the berets appeared in 1943. And now to go about chopping a spoon up for the cap badge...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 am

As such there is a huge leeway in acceptable kit. Virtually any variation of NWE Brit clobber is acceptable

Is the illustration reasonably accurate? unblancoed webbing, Mark II with no net/scrim and Bergen? I can certainly do all that, but might give the thick woolly jumper a miss in July....

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stof
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby stof » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am

MartinR wrote:
As such there is a huge leeway in acceptable kit. Virtually any variation of NWE Brit clobber is acceptable

Is the illustration reasonably accurate? unblancoed webbing, Mark II with no net/scrim and Bergen? I can certainly do all that, but might give the thick woolly jumper a miss in July....

Cheers
Martin

Surprisingly enough unblancoed webbing was quite common among commandos , camouflage wasn't a big issue in raids where the strategy was in quick and out again and actually helped you identify friend and foe. Likewise the helmet was purely a protection issue and very few photos show them with nets.The bergen was for equipment needed on the raid ,otherwise it was basic webbing,no need for a small pack with your personal belongings in it.

Ramsay00105
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Uniform Requirements

Postby Ramsay00105 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

The scrubbed / unblancoed webbing was supposed to be a recognition point in the dark. If you could see the X of the cross straps you didn't shoot them. I am not sure it worked out that well in practice.
15 Plt. C Coy 2 Batt. S STAFFORDS 1st Airlanding Brigade 1st Airborne Division
The Hallamshire Battalion Y&L Regiment 146 Infantry Brigade 49 Inf Division

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Operation Chariot - Event cancelled”