Your questions, our answers

A Comrades in Arms weekender @ Grafton Park, Northamptonshire
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Your questions, our answers

Postby Lardassmonkey » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Would an ARP be a suitable look for a Brit? I'd imagine some of them might have volunteered to join in the hunt. I don't own much in the way of Brit kit but I do have an ARP helmet (my great grandads) and the rest isn't too expensive.

Would the Brits also have use for a bicycle? I may final have mine fixed by June.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sgt.Heide
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Yes, your ARP helmet and bicylce would be fine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:Would an ARP be a suitable look for a Brit? I'd imagine some of them might have volunteered to join in the hunt. I don't own much in the way of Brit kit but I do have an ARP helmet (my great grandads) and the rest isn't too expensive.

I have a large ARP/Civil Defence type black wool BD blouse I can lend you, and some black pebbled-leather civilian boots, and black leather 'home front' gaiters, if I do make it to the game.

Lardassmonkey wrote:Would the Brits also have use for a bicycle? I may final have mine fixed by June.

If I do manage to make it to this game, I may have my MkV* restored in time...
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 am

As the local bobby, I'm looking at getting a suitable bike in time.

I'm assuming my Trek road bike with the carbon fibre forks won't be acceptable? :lol:
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Heh. I nearly bought a new push rod bike a few years ago (retro kit still made!) and wondered about bringing my nothing-out-of-the-ordinary bike to this event (but I don't have the room or a bike carrier). The radial and outer ring roadways will probably be OK for bikes in June as long as there isn't persistent rain for weeks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Cheers McV. I hopefully won't need it but the blouse could be very handy. I was just going to go for some overalls otherwise. Unless a German POW wants the blouse as they also got BD?

If I do manage to make it to this game, I may have my MkV* restored in time..

Be good if you could, even if your bike will put my bodged together look a like bike to shame. :raspberry:

Should you fail you're welcome to use mine. As previously mentioned with the BD I'm hoping I won't need it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:
If I do manage to make it to this game, I may have my MkV* restored in time..

Be good if you could, even if your bike will put my bodged together look a like bike to shame. :raspberry:

Should you fail you're welcome to use mine. As previously mentioned with the BD I'm hoping I won't need it.

Thinking about making a set of replica rifle clips to go back onto my bike in time, if the rest of the restoration gets done in good time.

I probably won't be riding the bike much - probably just leave it resting up against a tree while I tie a loose shoe lace, or sit with my back turned to it to take a swig from my canteen....
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 am

Lardassmonkey wrote:

ta! I might have my SMLE available if you want to use that? Assuming I can get the hop replaced, and it fixes it, anyway. I've got a revolver, and that'll probably do me. If i can get a LARP truncheon in time, all the better. :lol:
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Cheers but I'm hoping to not need a weapon at all. If I do have need of my ARP kit I may just have a pistol and maybe a BF shotgun for effect. :mrgreen:
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:Cheers but I'm hoping to not need a weapon at all. If I do have need of my ARP kit I may just have a pistol and maybe a BF shotgun for effect. :mrgreen:

Larp-safe gas rattle or stirrup pump, perhaps? :wink:

Nurglitch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nurglitch » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm

1. What level of personal kit is expected? Things like razor, issue mirror, cardboard towels and so on - are they expected?
2. Sleeping bag - can it be modern?
3. Food we bring with us. Should it look like WWII period food (whatever that may be) or is modern all right?
4, Will a DSLR be frowned upon? Will a small cam attached to the uniform (A Go Pro) be frowned upon?
Kitwhore files: S&S Lee Enfield No. 4, AGM Sten Mk. II, Tanaka Kar 98k, WE Luger P08
Wishlist: AGM Stg44, possible LE No. 4 gas project

Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:19 pm

1. No expectations, personal choice.
2. Your own choice of bedding materials
3. Again, your choice.
4. Don't sling an SLR over your shoulder for gawdsake, that is a real atmosphere killer! But if you want to grab a snap of two that's fine. Can't stand cam footage personally and I don't think footage will be very interesting anyway. Did you see BedsnHerts professional coverage of the Hauptmann Horn game?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nurglitch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nurglitch » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Chomley-Warner wrote:4. Don't sling an SLR over your shoulder for gawdsake, that is a real atmosphere killer!

No, that wasn't my intention. The camera stays in the bag when not in use.

Chomley-Warner wrote:Can't stand cam footage personally and I don't think footage will be very interesting anyway. Did you see BedsnHerts professional coverage of the Hauptmann Horn game?

This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQme4EByHOQ

Not exactly what I mean. A Go Pro can capture some 5-6h of footage at high speed. Sometimes interesting things can be caught on film and edited into a 5min highlight reel. I can make the camera fairly unobtrusive (it's tiny), possibly even disguised as a personal dressing with just the thumb-sized lens sticking out of the wrapper.

Ok, no, those were just random questions. I'm not going to try that on my first event. Forget I asked :)
Kitwhore files: S&S Lee Enfield No. 4, AGM Sten Mk. II, Tanaka Kar 98k, WE Luger P08

Nurglitch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nurglitch » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Some more questions:

Is it a regular airsoft site?
How likely are we to encounter MOPs?
Since it's going to be woodland are biodegradable BBs required/encouraged?

Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:48 pm

It is a proper insurance covered commercially run airsoft site. But there is nothing 'airsoft' about it - no built structures, tyre walls, pallets and all that junk. :wink:

It is rural woodland. There are dog walkers. The site is well signed that airsoft is being run in the woods. On recce we did encounter MOP who were very nice and inquisitive but given the nature of the game there is no need to go apoplectic and screaming cease fire if MOP are encountered - a polite warning word will probably be sufficient. As always, take each incident on it's merit, make a value judgement, and act on it.

Biodegradable is fine if you wish but not a site requirement. (I doubt 200 BBs over 100 acres would be of any significance environmentally but there you go...)

Return to “Hut 9 - 1/2/3 August 2014”