Rattenkrieg Questions

pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Rattenkrieg Questions

Postby pvtjohnny » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Oo Oo! Sounds/looks awesome! Here's where I make good on my resolution so, sign me up!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:02 am

I must confess I was originally a bit dubious as I am not the worlds greatest fan of CQB however the site looks more like the Drakelowe, so I am up for this one. Looks like my Russian kit is going to earn its keep this year :) Do you sleep in the tunnels or are there buildings or something? (if not pitching a tent).

Given that this is in November, would I be right in thinking that Josh isn't going to be a doing a November game? I can do one November game but not two. Given that it is early in November, I'm also guessing nothing is happening in October either. Some clues from organisers would be handy for diary planning :good:

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 am

Clues? Josh slated a date for end of Nov/beginning December - but this was floated November last year and as yet no plans have been forthcoming to other organisers...

Anyway, UCAP tunnels is an awesome site, very atmospheric and the walls are soaked with history and not to be missed. I'd say the open day games could be classed as CQB but AGS are playing the site with ammo restraint and objective-led and tension-filled game play (as have all WW2 games run so far at this site). So a confined space and not an open woodland for sure but not CQB as you would know it! Even sleeping in the tunnels is an experience - no tents!
Last edited by Boshman on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steinlager
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Steinlager » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 am

This is a great site, just down the road from me and on my birthday too, couldnt ask for more, sadly it looks like I'll miss it as my other half has already arranged a trip for that day, and I just cant see how I can square this particular circle. Must the be first and only time I'll wish I was down a Russian sewer rather than out drinking.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 am

Anyway, UCAP tunnels is an awesome site,

Thanks Dave.

Cheers
Martin
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:25 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Steinlager wrote:This is a great site, just down the road from me and on my birthday too, couldnt ask for more, sadly it looks like I'll miss it as my other half has already arranged a trip for that day, and I just cant see how I can square this particular circle. Must the be first and only time I'll wish I was down a Russian sewer rather than out drinking.

Its a long way off and it is your birthday, just down the road from you so surely you cannot miss an opportunity on your door step. I am sure your other half will come round with gentle persuasion. :giggle:
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Paul, Mrs G is most welcome to sign up, too! :D

Thanks for putting up the info on the site, Dave - it was something I was tasked with, so you've saved me a job. :giggle:

Martin, it's similar to Drakelow, but the tunnels are much smaller (you can't drive a bus up them), and I believe there are more of them. I've always enjoyed events at UCAP, and amazingly, it will have been just three months short of 4 years since the last WW2 event here! (Wow, where did that time go?)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Steinlager
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Steinlager » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Gordon and Andy, think I'll work on this one, really dont want to miss it :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Well AGS are my favorite game organisers, always an immersive, good looking game and cracking fun. Also anything to do with Stalingrad has got to get my interest plus trying to make it Rifle/larp weapon freindly game (great at Pavlovs :good: ) increases the interest.

My only concern is that (as its a fair way to travel for me) tunnel games are notoriously hard to exert command control in and as following orders as part of a unit is what makes WW2 so good I'm worried that things might degenerate into getting lost after respawning, trying to find someone who knows whats going on, failing and ending up stalking tunnels just trying to find someone to shoot :slap:

Still I suppose I ought to just put my faith in you AGS lads you've not let me down yet :wink: So money and work willing I'll be there :D

As far as the Pioneers are concerned are the pioneer pouches and backpack an appropriate look? (I'm thinking of getting a backpack for the Luga Line) or is standard webbing/pouches better?
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sgt.Heide
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Sgt.Heide » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:25 pm

prideofengland wrote:My only concern is that (as its a fair way to travel for me) tunnel games are notoriously hard to exert command control in and as following orders as part of a unit is what makes WW2 so good I'm worried that things might degenerate into getting lost after respawning, trying to find someone who knows whats going on, failing and ending up stalking tunnels just trying to find someone to shoot :slap:

Command and control is surprisingly easy at UCAP, as it's much smaller and less easy to get lost in, than Drakelow.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Tim (and all prospective Germans), no need to buy any new kit, unless you really want to! 80% of Pioniers did not have all the pouches, so don't worry about it. It would be great if all Germans had black-Waffenfarbe shoulderboards - that's all. :D You all have three months to save up for them! :wink:

From looking at a lot of period photos, the A-frame was very common wear.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Steiner wrote:no need to buy any new kit, unless you really want to!

Thats the trouble Andy, I do want to!

Command and control is surprisingly easy at UCAP, as it's much smaller and less easy to get lost in, than Drakelow.

Thats good news, dont get me wrong, Ive always enjoyed Drakelow games its just that one aspect that frustrates me.
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pvtjohnny » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Martin, I believe Josh has the game "the long walk" scheduled in on the 31st November 1st December. At least it was on the guman site.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks Johnny, that is great.

So, I know it is a way off yet, but any idea what the ammo limits are likely to be, roughly? Really just so I can have a think about which gun(s) to bring, they all need a certain investment of time and money on bits to bring up to scratch so I'd like to pick and choose what to work on.

Cheers
Martin

Return to “Stalingrad - Rattenkrieg : POSTPONED”