Rattenkrieg Questions

Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: Rattenkrieg Questions

Postby Steiner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:54 pm

SMGs will have very stringent ammo limits, so you might be better off with a rifle.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Sure, but presumably SMGs won't have less ammo than rifles? Real steel?

I was more thinking of SVT-40 vs 'Moisin' in any case.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Heh, we'll have to get back to you - it's over 4 months away at the moment. :wink:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 am

to ill to attend crete,now well and looking forward to wearing german gear for first time :happyclap: cant wait to book.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:10 pm

being in dark tunnels whats the opinion on tracer units ? or will they be to :ghey: for this one.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Steiner wrote:Tim (and all prospective Germans), no need to buy any new kit, unless you really want to! 80% of Pioniers did not have all the pouches, so don't worry about it. It would be great if all Germans had black-Waffenfarbe shoulderboards - that's all. :D You all have three months to save up for them! :wink:

From looking at a lot of period photos, the A-frame was very common wear.

the black shoulderboards ,i can't find them , are the black with white piping or field grey with black piping? or better still just link to somewhere selling them :good:
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Just the piping is black, engineer arm of service colour was black, infantry white, artillery red etc. I am sure Epic do shoulderboards with black piping.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

found on ebay :slap: well once i knew what to look for.
armoury

ImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Or you could just get a black laundry marker and colour in the piping on standard infantry boards! :good:

Alternatively I have a few pairs I can loan out on the day!
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi,do you need a torch?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:06 pm

rabbitspacker wrote:Hi,do you need a torch?

For in-game use a period style torch is highly recommended. No modern sure-fire, LED Tac light type torches are permitted to be used in game but there is no problem bringing them to help you rummage through your gear or sort out a gun issue.

The tunnels are well lit in the safe zone area but the tunnels in the game area will be dimly lit at best with some areas which are totally pitch-black.

We will get some guidelines up shortly on what's acceptable for in-game use :good:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."

ImageImageImageImage
kroot
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kroot » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:18 am

This sounds good to me. Factory worker looks to be the way forward for me. No rifle though :cry: way too expensive those things :evil:

Don`t worry about the rifle use a MP40 they would have been in plentiful supply from all those dead Germans.

Are all your gang coming?
ImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:44 am

kroot wrote:This sounds good to me. Factory worker looks to be the way forward for me. No rifle though :cry: way too expensive those things :evil:

Don`t worry about the rifle use a MP40 they would have been in plentiful supply from all those dead Germans.

Are all your gang coming?

As Gordon says, MP40 is fine, although a suitable bolty is definitely NOT expensive. How about a JG376 with wood effect stock ? Perfect for a Militia civilian hunting rifle for this and any other event! :good: Only 65€ from here:

Anyway,hope you can all make it. :good:

ImageImageImageImage
kroot
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kroot » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:32 am

How weird :?

I didn't write half that stuff :?

I've been looking at rifles. Some nice ones out there. Problem is my UKARA has run out and I don't go to skirmish sites anymore. Only do ww2 games with you guys :D

Have seen a VSR 11 in two tone (well orange) which is tempting as I can 'brown' it up? It is also sub 350 which is what I want from a rifle. I would like to able to blat up close if needed :twisted: .

I think at least 3 have shown interest, maybe more later. You said you had Soviet kit on a lend/lease basis? Any details?

Cheers.
Adrian.
ImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:47 pm

kroot wrote:How weird :?
I didn't write half that stuff :?

Admin note: Gordon inadvertently edited your post instead of replying to it. The curse of those with moderating permissions...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Stalingrad - Rattenkrieg : POSTPONED”