FILMSIM rules Update 2012
The focus as always is pushing more of a role-play element in the battles; guys making an effort to scream out when shot and play dead for a while whilst troops move over their corpses will add to everyoneâ€™s emersion.
Also playing in the spirit of the game is the order of the day, guys that play with an Airsoft skirmish attitude will be asked to leave as it will be ruining the effort made by the rest of the field. Donâ€™t play for the win, play for the experience and remember, everything you do is part of everyone elseâ€™s experience.
Standard Game Rules FILMSIM
â€¢ When shot, a loud call of â€˜HITâ€™ or â€˜Agrrrâ€™ should be made and the player is considered out of game.
â€¢ When hit the player must place a â€˜HANDâ€™ in the air to show they are no longer live.
Please try to re-act to locational hits for effect.
â€¢ Immediately fall to the ground and call â€˜Medicâ€™ if Allied or â€˜Saniâ€™ if Axis. If no one gets to you or all your bandages have been used you are dead.
â€¢ A shot player shouldnâ€™t be targeted and cannot return fire until healed, UNLESS they try to crawl to safety. If shot whilst crawling you must call it, slump and stay on the ground for 10 seconds, then move off calling KIA. There is no limit to how far you can crawl however; you will bleed out in 5mins!
â€¢ Moving wounded. One man with two hands or two men with one hand each can drag a wounded soldier to safety! (Medics have their own rule)
â€¢ Any soldier can return to their HQ or a controlled CP and be fully restored to full hits (all bandages taken off)
â€¢ Dead players â€˜DO NOT TALKâ€™. Exception to use the call â€˜DEAD MAN WALKINGâ€™
â€¢ If things are a bit hairy or youâ€™re on your own in the middle of nowhere you make take an immediate KIA! Just put your hand in the air and call â€˜DEAD MAN WALKINGâ€™ Otherwise you must stay on the ground for at least 2mins. There is NO limit to how long you stay dead in the field however.
Getting back in the action
â€¢ If a live team mate can get to you they must tie one of your bandages to you wrist to make you live again. To move a wounded player, place your hand on their shoulder.
â€¢ All bandaging must be stationery and if either player is hit during the Medic or during the move, both must take a KIA and head back to a CP or HQ!
â€¢ A hit is anywhere on the body or the gun and ricochet must also be taken, if you think youâ€™ve been hit, take it as your back in the game almost immediately.
If you set one off and are hit by the bbs it a â€˜HITâ€™ (wound)
Explosive Pyro Affects
â€¢ Small structures 5m x5m Whole building is cleared â€“ inside only
â€¢ Large buildings â€“ 5m hard cover has affect including floor to floor stair wells and corridors.
â€¢ 5m away â€“ hard cover has affect â€“ outside only
If hit by a pyro you are KIA and must head back to a CP or your HQ!!
Artillery strikes, 10m away, cover has no affect.
NO reloading in the field (must be a CP or HQ) unless itâ€™s by hand (no thumb loader) or at a live ammo crate.
You get 1 bandage in the field and a second if you wear a steel helmet.
No man goes to war alone! If you find yourself alone or your squad dwindles to only 2 men, you canâ€™t advance on a position or complete any tasks, you should go to ground and wait until re-enforcements arrive or fall back to your Squad flag or your HQ.
You can only leave a CP (after regen) if you have at least 2 live team mates to push off with so a squad of 3! (Hopefully they will be your squad members that have returned for you.) The only exception will be Snipers.
Officers can move around friendly positions on their own (at their own risk) but are still bound by the restrictions of the standing orders.
One of the best pieces of equipment you can carry in the field is a small notebook and pencil, so the game rules can be cut and pasted in and any addition tasks, maps etc be carried into the field. Itâ€™s only a suggestion but could also be used as a diary of your battles over the years.
Rules for load outs and Class
Each style of soldier has its own load out; the load outs are defined below. If you are not ranked or have not taken a special role you will be considered a soldier in the field!
1. Combat Soldier - Load out
Can use a Sub-machine gun/assault rifle 350fps
Single shot ONLY rifle 370fps
Can carry 300rds
Can carry 4 grenades
2. sharp shooterâ€“ Load out
Can use a single shot bolt-action rifle up to 400fps with a .2 bb
Can carry 150rds
Can carry 2 grenades
3. Support â€“ Load out
Can use a mobile support weapon firing at 350 fps (can be shot from the hip)
Can use a static MG firing at 370fps (must be deployed)
Can carry 2000rds loaded in mags but can carry bags of 500rnds to reload from when empty.
Can use a bolt action rifle at 500fps and can move alone.
If killed, must return to HQ (no regen in the field
HIGH CAP MAGS - non MG/support
everyone is asked to make sure they only run mid caps if possible; however some rifles arenâ€™t released with the option. If so you must bag up 300rnds and will be restricted to SINGLE SHOT ONLY!.
If youâ€™re found poring ammo into your magazine in the field or using full auto, you are cheating!!
1. Lieutenant â€“ In command of up to 15 men - Class
The Officer has access to a radio pack and is responsible for issuing commands in the field.
Can deploy a Squad cp. See squad CPs.
2. Medic â€“ Class (1 per unit of 8men)
Medics cannot open fire whilst applying a bandage!
Moving wounded â€“ Medics only need one hand to move a wounded soldier to safety.
Medics can carry up to 12 red bandages into the field; these bandages represent 1 healed wound. To heal a wound the medic takes off the white bandage of an injured soldier and hands it back to them, then replaces it with 1 of the red ones. Only a visit to an HQ can replenish red bandages lost but you can take them off dead men at a CPs. Only 1 red bandage can be applied to a soldier.
3. Engineer â€“ Class (1 per unit of 8 men)
Can set charges and defuse bombs. â€“ will need a tool kit
Can use a Bazooka to take out enemy vehicles and can repair damaged vehicles in the field which takes 5 Minutes per hit taken on the vehicle and the vehicle must be fully repaired to become active again.
Vehicles at GUNMAN
Only a person that has held a full drivers license for 5 years may drive Vehicles in the game. All vehicles will be self marshaled by the driver. All 4-wheeled+ vehicles are considered armored and will be awarded a certain amount of hits. Only strikes on the wheels or marked targets on the vehicles with Anti Tank (AT) weapons will count as a hit.
If the driver is hit, they are hit and must stop driving until bandaged or return from regen.
Types of vehicle.
Transport â€“ vehicles used to transport troops can only fire from a fixed MG, not soldiers being transported and they must not be targeted or return fire unless deployed (got out of the vehicle and 2m away) Unless vehicle is switched off and being used as cover and have an armor of 2.
Light vehicles â€“ Scout vehicles and bikes have NO armor and can be grenade x2 or anti vehicle x1.
Medium Vehicles â€“ Armored cars and light tanks have armor of 3.
Heavy vehicles â€“ large armored vehicles have an armor of 4.
Mines â€“ Anti Tank (AT) and Anti Personnel (AP).
If pyro, the pro must be set up underneath the mine and easy to set off (Mk5 ONLY). A mine detector will negate any effect of a mine if held of the mine for 20 seconds and then an engineer must take a further 20 seconds to move it. If this is not done and the mine goes off, all with the 5m is KIA. Any vehicle that drives over, sets off or is within 5m of a mine is destroyed. The vehicle must remain in place with an orange smoke deployed. After the orange smoke is finished the vehicle can return to HQ for regen. AT mines can only be set up on roads or open fields.
Anyone caught within 5m of an AP mine is KIA. Please stay on the floor until after any action takes place or when youâ€™re ready to get up. AP mines will come in many flavors and have to be dealt with be an engineer. After 20 seconds the engineer can defuse the mine with no affect (if it goes off, they can ignore the affect) ONLY BFG 9mm blank and bb mines count as AP mines.
Anti Tank (AT) weapons.
BB firing moscart AT weapons do 1damage (you know youâ€™ve been hit because your vehicle will be covered in 100s of BBs).
NERF/foam missile does 2 damage.
Pryo AT weapons do 3 damage but must be self refâ€™d by the driver (if you see an AT gun firing at you, consider yourself hit)
Orange smoke is ONLY deployed to show a vehicle has been take out! Do not use it otherwise. Destroyed vehicles cannot be repaired and must return to HQ for 30 mins after the orange smoke has run out or can be abandoned in the field.
THERE IS NO CAPTURING ENEMY VEHICALS!!!
Command Points â€˜CPâ€™
Fixed CP (FCP)
Fixed CPs are usable by both sides of a battle and can be captured by either side.
During an assault on a CP all re-spawns and the re-load of Magazines are frozen until the attack is over. An attack will finish when all the soldiers on one side are killed or the attack looses it momentum and is no longer pushing forward onto the CP.
Too take control of a CP, 5 live men must hold it for 60 seconds without taking fire to change its allegiance.
Squad CP (SCP)
These CPs arenâ€™t fixed but can be deployed by LTs in the field. They represent the squads extra ammo and medical supplies and act as a fixed CP except they can only be used by the side that controls them. If an enemy comes across a SCP they can destroys the equipment and remove the if from the game. To get the SCP back, the flag must be taken back to the HQ (supplies regained) so the squad can use it again.
The SCP must be tied up and visible for it to be active and if found and destroyed, simply untied and dropped on the floor. DONT HIDE THEM!!! Only an LT can deploy a SCP but anyone from the squad can take it down (gather the equipment) for re-deployment.
Mobile CP (MCP) or Supply Vehicle.
MCPs are vehicles that have been assigned the role of a CP and will have a flag flying from them. They have all the rules of a FCP and must be stationary for them to be used. It takes 5 mins to set one up and it be useable. They have armor of 1 and if captured (like a FCP) must return to the HQ for 30 mins before a new supply vehicle can be issued.
The HQ in all cases is â€˜OUT OF THE ACTIONâ€™ and cannot be attacked unless by order from your command (top brass)
Supplies in the field - optional
Some events will employ the supplies in the field rule. This can only be done if a â€˜LIVEâ€™ ammo crate reaches the troops on the line. Once opened the troops must be within 2 meters of the ammo crate to reload. Example: a soldier has used 250 rds and can reload back up to 300rds! Command may also set up ammo dumps in the field to make it easier for the troops to get hold of their ammo. Vehicles can carry supply crates but they must be deployed on the ground to be used.
Capturing hidden supplies.
If you find an enemy crate in the field and its â€˜Liveâ€™ you may use it to re-supply your troops but canâ€™t move it from its location.
We ask all participants to make as much effort as possible on these battle weekends (no modern kit!) All uniforms must be period in look, we can provide clothing (Free rental) if you have; webbing must be canvas and leather only.
All weapons must be period Airsoft weapons; the only exception is old style grip bolt actions and dressed M14s.
Most importantly, have a bloody good time!!!
Battle of the Bulge: The Ardennes part 1 - Foy
Gunman Airsoft - Eversley
Gunman Airsoft - Eversley
- WW2 AIRSOFT EVENTS
- Operation Rebound - 13th June 2020 - POSTPONED
- 25th & 26th July 2020
- Other WW2 events
- The Battle of Monastery Hill - 26th Jan 2020
- WW2 AIRSOFT
- New To The Forum? Please Look Here First
- WW2 Airsoft - an introduction
- General WW2 Airsoft Discussion
- WW2 Airsoft Weapons
- MARKET PLACE
- For Sale
- Airsoft guns
- SOLD items
- British kit
- SOLD items
- US kit
- SOLD items
- German kit
- SOLD items
- Russian kit
- SOLD items
- Japanese kit
- Books, accessories and miscellaneous
- Old sales archive
- Wanted - archive
- Vintage Airsoft
- AXIS FORCES
- General & Specialist Axis Discussion
- Waffen SS
- BRITISH, COMMONWEALTH & OTHER ALLIED FORCES
- General British Discussion
- British Uniforms and Kit
- Other Allied
- U.S. FORCES
- General US Discussion
- US Uniforms and Kit
- SOVIET FORCES
- General Soviet discussion
- Soviet Uniforms and Kit
- Comrades in Arms member's forum
- Dog Company 506th
- Immersive WW2 game discussion group
- OFF TOPIC
- ARCHIVE OF PAST GAMES
- 2019 events
- The Road To Monte Cassino - 19th Jan 2019
- Forced Redemption - 6th April 2019 - EVENT CANCELLED
- Operation Tonga - 18th May 2019
- The Battle of Tarawa Part II - 8th June 2019
- SOE : Chancers - 27th July 2019
- Purple Heart Draw - 24th& 25th August 2019
- Operation Uranverein, The Uranium Club - 7th & 8th September 2019
- The March Into Burma Part 2 - 12th October 2019
- Autumn Mist - 14th December 2019
- 2018 events
- The Battle for Cervaro - 20th January 2018
- Oosterbeek – February 10-11 2018
- Operation Veritable - 29th April 2018
- The Battle of Tarawa 1943 - 9th June 2018
- SOE – La Résistance : 6th-8th July 2018
- Abbeville, Fall of France - 22nd September 2018
- The March into Burma - 13th October 2018
- Treasures of the Reich - 17th November 2018
- The Battle of La Roche en Ardenne - 15th December 2018
- 2017 events
- The Battle for Santa Maria Oliveto - 21st Jan 2017
- Battle of Hurtgen Forest - 25th March 2017
- Battle of Sedjenane - 1st April 2017
- The Battle for TIM - 6th May 2017
- The Battle of Tenaru - 8th July 2017
- The Battle for Colli - 19th August 2017
- Ruhr Pocket, Germany 1945 - 7th October 2017
- Keroman Raid - 2nd December 2017
- Operation Autumn Mist - 17th Dec 2017
- 2016 events
- The Battle for Alife - 16th Jan 2016
- Operation Nordwind - 13th Feb 2016
- Operation Veritable, The Battle of the Reichswald - 28th Feb 2016
- Operation Bloodhound - 26th March 2016
- The Battle of Tulagi - 16th April 2016
- The Last Stand - 7th May 2016
- Endgame - 29th May 2016
- Battle for Narocz Forest - 11-12 June | EVENT CANCELLED
- Operation Watchtower - Battle of Guadalcanal - 16th July 2016
- Operation Bagration - 12th-13th November 2016
- The Battle of Centuripe, 20th August - EVENT CANCELLED
- D-Day: The Battle of Vierville - 17th September 2016
- Stalingrad: Rattenkrieg - 3rd December 2016
- 2015 events
- Operation Calore River - 11 Jan 2015
- Battle of Aachen - 28 Feb 2015
- The Road to Rome - 27/29 March 2015
- Five Kopecs - 20th June 2015 - EVENT CANCELLED
- Operation Clipper - 25 April 2015
- Kasserine Pass - 23 May 2015
- Battle of Falaise Gap - 5th July 2015
- Operation Benevento - 14/16 August 2015
- In the Shadow of King Zog - 20 Sept 2015
- Operation Iskra - 17th October 2015
- Loose Cannon - 6/8 November 2015
- Battle of St Vith - 5th December 2015
- 2014 events
- Rise Of The Tenth - 19th January 2014
- Foy - 21/23 March 2014
- Battle for Spilamberto - 12th April 2014
- The Battle for San Marino - 3rd May 2014
- Mission Albany - 23/25 May 2014
- Race to Messina - 7/8 June 2014 - GAME CANCELLED
- Hockwerk 1945 - 25/27 July 2014 - CANCELLED
- Hut 9 - 1/2/3 August 2014
- Normandy - 21st June 2014
- The Silencing of Merville - 2nd August 2014
- The Fall of Avellino - 30th August 2014
- Operation Copenhagen - 20th September 2014
- Operation Nordlicht - 11/12 October 2014
- The Longest Day - 21/23 November 2014
- Candlestick Maker - 6/7 December 2014
- Battle of the Bulge - 14 December 2014
- 2013 events
- D-Day 'Hells Highway' - 29 Nov/1st Dec 2013
- Luga River Line - 13/14th September 2013
- Battle of Lenino - 27th October 2013 - POSTPONED
- Monte La Difensa - 10/11th August
- Behind the Line - 6th/7th July 2013 - CANCELLED
- Chambois - 15th/16th June 2013
- The Battle for Crete - 11th May 2013
- Pavlov's House - 21st April 2013
- The Last Bullet - 22nd-24th March 2013
- Grafton Park STC - 2nd/3rd March 2013
- KÃ¶lner Dom - 17th February 2013
- Behind the Line - 12/13th January 2013 - CANCELLED
- Stalingrad - Rattenkrieg : POSTPONED
- 2012 events
- The Fuhrer's Escape - 9th December 2012
- The Gothic Line - 17/18th November 2012
- Bastogne Breakout - 2/3/4th November 2012
- Eagles over the Rhine - 29th September 2012
- Operation Greenback - 18/19th August 2012
- German private forum
- Le Chateau: Operation Dirty Dozen - 3rd June 2012
- The Corridor of Death - 26th May 2012
- Patton Stalled - 15th April 2012
- Arnhem - 17-18th March 2012
- Sevastopol - 4th February 2012
- German private forum
- Russian private forum
- Stalingrad: City of Fire - Event cancelled
- Operation Foxley - 7th/8th July 2012 - CANCELLED
- Operation Chariot - Event cancelled
- 2011 events
- Border Clash - 19th/20th February 2011
- Battle for Nijmegan - 19th/20th March 2011
- US Infantry Training Day - 12th March 2011
- The visit of Hauptmann Horn - 2nd April 2011
- Home Guard
- The Mace - 21st/22nd May 2011
- Il Giogo Pass - 18th June 2011
- Il Giogo Pass - British
- Il Giogo Pass - German
- Schaulen: The Bitter End - 9th/10th July 2011
- The Battle for Minsk - 16-17 July
- Anarchy under the Eagle - 21st August 2011
- Rhineland, the Battle to End the War - 3rd September 2011
- The Volturno Affair - 15th October 2011
- Booked-in player's section
- Battle for Anzio city - 19th/20th November 2011
- Fist of Dust - 17th December 2011
- Gunman WW2 games
- 2010 events
- Operation Red Cap - 18th/19th December 2010
- Operation Shingle - 20/21 November 2010
- Devil's Hill - 2nd & 3rd October 2010
- Operation Sealion - 4/5th September 2010
- Operations Weekend 7/8th August 2010
- Operation Jedburgh - 10/11th July 2010
- Allied briefings
- Axis briefings
- Dragoon Rising - 13th June 2010
- Monte Cassino - 16th May 2010
- Milton Hall Training School - 2nd May 2010
- Battle for Caen - 27/28th March 2010
- Operation Freshman - 28th February 2010
- The Boryszyn Loop - 24th January 2010
- 2009 events
- The Big Bash - 5th December 2009
- Reichswald Dec '44 - OP PeelMarshes
- Operation Alsos - 18th October 2009
- ALSOS - Allied
- ALSOS - Axis
- ALSOS - Resistance
- Operation Jedburgh - 26th + 27th September 2009
- Operation Ariel - 5th July 2009
- St. Lo - 20th June 2009
- The Battle of Bloody Gulch
- Axis - Private Game-Specific Discussion
- Allied - Private Game-Specific Discussion
- 'Die Glocke' 26th April 2009
- Allied - Private game forum
- Axis - Private game forum
- Operation Lighting - 29th March 2009
- 2008 events
- Operation Autumn Mist - 14th December 2008
- Allied - Private Game-Specific Discussion
- Axis - Private Game-Specific Discussion
- In the Pocket - 28th September 2008
- Operation Husky - 30th & 31st August 2008
- Operation Haggard - 5th & 6th July 2008
- Battle for Bryansk Forests - 10th & 11th May 2008
- Operation Varsity - 30th March 2008
- The Eagle Has Landed - 2nd March 2008
- 2007 events
- D-Day - Omaha Beach - The Battle for Normandy - 3rd/4th November 2007
- Projekt Wotan - 7th October 2007
- Churchill's Revenge - June 2007
- Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far - April 2007
- 2006 events
- Battle of the Bulge - Dec 2006
- WW2 Events - KGB, Cornwall
- Training Days
- WW2 Events at "The Hill", Dundee
- Hohenstaufen private forum
- Kasserine Pass - Postponed
- Wehrmacht Combat Training Day - 30th May - EVENT CANCELLED
- The Battle for Dukla Pass - CANCELLED
- China-Burma-India Theatre Game - CANCELLED
- XVIII Corps group
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest