Mission Albany - 24hour WW2 Game - 23-25 May 2014

Pathfinder Airsoft game - 24hr milsim to be held at Pathfinder Airsoft, Aberdulais, Neath
Conrad Uno
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Mission Albany - 36hour WW2 Game - Ceri Forest - 23-25 M

Postby Conrad Uno » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:14 am

The first 12 hours through the nite and then home for a lie down :lol: I might do that - I'll probably book on nearer the time...
ImageImageImage
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:25 am

A group of us would probably be up for this site looks great, all for long days and sleeping in the field in Zelts ect but NOT the continued action we old uns have to get some shut eye and it is just too dangerous having it go on all night. (enemy finding your camp then coming in and spraying Thompsons at point blank range inside the tent) If there was down time then it might be a go er for our group. Like the idea of the first Friday night action with the airborne landing ect.

All the best with this :good:
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Davies3059
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Davies3059 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:32 am

Rest assured, spraying of Thompsons inside of tents at night is a complete no no.
Its considered blind fire and is absolutely forbidden even during our day games, never mind the night.
Weve been doing this for almost seventeen years and understand fully the way extended games work.
Every single weekender weve travelled to thats promised non stop action has fallen flat on its face with the organisers binning it a few hours after dark.
This isnt the idea with this one.
The idea is to start at midnight, play a few hours and for those hardcore die hards to carry on as long as they feel able to throughout the day.
Once a rest period is felt to be due those players that wish to do so can move to an 'Aid Post'and get a few hours shut eye. Or on paper become'Replacement units' expected to reach the area once theyve fought through.

Its understood that a number of players, me included are no longer 'Hardcore'enough to play 36 hrs straight and even those who think they are will find themselves flagging at Ceri.
Wattsy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Wattsy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 am

For me it is that aspect of digging in and getting some shuteye whilst taking turns on stag that appeals most about this game. The thaught that at any point you can be called to stand too as jerry & co launch an attack on your position, just sounds fantastic!
Current ww2 armoury
King arms Thompson, ICS M1 Garand, ACM ZB28, ICS M3 Grease gun, ACM M1918 BAR, Kjw M1911, 2x WE Highpowers, Kwa Tokarev, Webley VI, PPS Bazooka, AGM STG44, Custom M1919 .30cal
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Davies3059
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Davies3059 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:03 am

The way things are panning out, it seems like there'll be a bit for all tastes.
Guys digging in and hardcoreing it, those turning up just for 12 hrs overnight from the start and those just playing the Saturday.

All good actually, it can be worked into the storyline with those arriving and leaving at times other than the official start and finish being considered stragglers just linking up and casualties leaving the area.
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Luiluei » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:36 am

Hänschen klein wrote:A group of us would probably be up for this site looks great, all for long days and sleeping in the field in Zelts ect but NOT the continued action we old uns have to get some shut eye and it is just too dangerous having it go on all night. (enemy finding your camp then coming in and spraying Thompsons at point blank range inside the tent) If there was down time then it might be a go er for our group. Like the idea of the first Friday night action with the airborne landing ect.

All the best with this :good:

Gordon, lets have a chat about it next week at Foy. We could do the 6th FJ Regiment. I would get the gear to join ;-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:54 am

Hmm, I might well be up for this. There is a Cold War game the same weekend, but hilariously google maps reckons it will be quicker for me to drive to Ceri than Eversley.

Presumably you will be discouraging people from spraying tents with BBs? I don't fancy sleeping with my shooting glasses on.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Davies3059
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Davies3059 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Absolutely correct.
As above its considered blind firing and is to say the least frowned upon.
The obverse of this of course is that tents or shelter halves aren't fighting positions either and anybody fighting from them at night can expect return fire.
So best not to fight from them :)
Foxholes and shell scrapes are however a different matter.
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks, I missed the earlier thread re blind firing.

I'm guessing you are after Germans for this as your site seems to have a healthy contingent of Allies already?

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Davies3059
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Davies3059 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 pm

We are indeed mate.
I noticed youve signed on over there.
Welcome aboard.
Yes, the more the merrier. Were not getting all stuffy about specific units for this. Its literally being done for the sheer adrenaline packed fun of it.
On the subject of groups, were offering a concession that if a group of 10 or more book on together the price per head drops to £30 as opposed to £35.
Therell be a booking thread over here within the next few days along with all the nitty gritty.
Until then, by all means book on over at our forum or just letbus know here.
Cheers.
Daz.
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Ceri's an amazing site. If anyone's interested there are some shots from our 2008 Bryansk Forest game here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sven1976/s ... 969460423/

Further images from our return trip in 2011 here: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=13349

This one in particular shows the scale of the site!

ETA: Take some earplugs with you if you intend to sleep. It's 99.999% guaranteed that there's be a rave on the site on the Saturday night.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Davies3059
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Davies3059 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Some cracking pics there.
I think the "Rave"problem must be seasonal.
The twice weve been there on weekenders its been quiet as the grave except for the noises weve brought with us :D
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Davies3059 wrote:Some cracking pics there.
I think the "Rave"problem must be seasonal.
The twice weve been there on weekenders its been quiet as the grave except for the noises weve brought with us :D

In 2008 we were there at the start of May and it was rave-a-rama. Still, they keep themselves to themselves, so it's not a worry.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jimmiiee
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jimmiiee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Looks interesting, shall try to get the time off

Anyone passing thought Gloucestershire?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pvtjohnny » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm

My mates and I are quite interested in this but.... if we sign up together can we operate as a group (there'll be 3-5 of us)? also, are there any age restrictions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mission Albany - 23/25 May 2014”