Organisers

pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Organisers

Postby pvtjohnny » Sat May 24, 2014 7:30 am

Who are these mysterious characters :?:

Perhaps members who have experience or are interested in putting on a game or who are already actively putting games on want to, then you can put down your name or group/organisation here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: Organisers

Postby Steiner » Sat May 24, 2014 9:35 am

Army Group South (AGS).

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Wladek
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Wladek » Sat May 24, 2014 10:12 am

Wladek (I am my own group :twisted: )

The Doughboys.
I was not involved this year as I had stepped down so that my 'toxic' name wouldn't effect the 'brand' (I feel ill just writing that), as the game was a very loose one we were running - but that didn't look to help. So if we run something next year I would probably be at the head again.

bigkie
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby bigkie » Sun May 25, 2014 7:13 am

'The 900 Days' - 4 man organising team running a continuous campaign of events based on the eastern front.
ImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Sun May 25, 2014 10:45 am

An interesting point from this is the various belligerents which the different organiser groups represent.

The 900 days games are exclusively Russian vs German.

Doughboys are obviously US infantry VS German.

34th are also always going to have a US infantry element in all their games.

At AGS, our organising team nearly all have German as their primary impressions although a couple of us like Andy swing both ways. :ghey: :giggle: . We have done games with US, Brit and Russian as the allied belligerents. For us it tends to be about matching site, scenario, and historical accuracy.

My point is, (I think I have one. :? ) in the past there have been problems where we end up with say two or three Russian games in a year which has been a problem. We need to ensure that doesn't happen moving forward which just boils down to good communication between the organising groups!
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Davies3059
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Davies3059 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Pathfinders.
Primarily U.S Airborne.Although most of us have Ranger, Brit Airborne, Brit Commando with a smattering of German Infantry.
The Games organised so far on site have admittedly been biased towards Normandy with one or two non specific generic events in the mix.
bigkie
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby bigkie » Sun May 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Good point Neil, and of course some years it worked the other way where the majority of games came from the same theatre and therefore people would be wary of going and spending money on kit and then not getting the go forward to use it.

This is where game principles like those of Wladek's comes to the fore, Yes the kit list is a lot more defined but at the end of it if there is always a confirmed game each year then a lot of people will make the step to get the kit, I know I have for the game coming up in September.

Just speaking on behalf of the 900 days organisers it was one of the principle points to supply at least one eastern front game a year. and seen as we have based it as an ongoing campaign around the single major battle we have background and story line for at least another two going forward not inclusive of the one we have in development for this year.

Now i don't want this to be seen as we are trying to monopolize the eastern front side of the genre but just letting all other organisers who do read through this exactly where we are so we can like Neil has said move forward together. :good:
ImageImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Sun May 25, 2014 4:26 pm

bigkie wrote:.

Now i don't want this to be seen as we are trying to monopolize the eastern front side of the genre but just letting all other organisers who do read through this exactly where we are so we can like Neil has said move forward together. :good:

No IMHO monopolize the eastern front you do a good job of it and it will in time get a group of likeminded players together who will attend as a group :good:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Sun May 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Tin - Fireball Sqn and member of 34th but also do Gerbirgsjager and SS (ish) :)

Thinking out loud... perhaps if we (game organisers) stuck to certain settings and periods that were clearly defined, players would feel more happy about spending their hard earned on a specific impression. Perhaps not permanently but for example the 34th have run a series of games based in Italy. We could announce that we were to run 4 games and their proposed dates well in advance.

Going further, we could come up with a key or colour code that would also define what we expect from players.
i.e. Weapons - RED/AMBER/GREEN Red = weapons specific to time/theatre. Amber = Only WW2 weapons. Green = any weapon but if not WW2 then should be scrimmed.
Could do the same for impressions / ammo limits......

So a game could be tagged
Weapons Red
Impression Amber
Ammo limits red

Letting folks know at a glance what is and isn't expected.

As I say, just thinking out loud really.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Sun May 25, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm sorry but in the last pictures I saw these games in Italy had a Polish Paratrooper, a 101st Airborne and a US Marine. I thought the point of thsi group was to talk about somethign specific, not just every ww2 game run?

is the intent to define this as being immersive now? Or just, well, what?

Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Sun May 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Yes, but as I said. "just thinking out loud" of ways of conveying what we as organisers would like to see and being able to give a clear indication of this to the punters, whether an immersive game or otherwise.
Just because the 34th games have thus far been in a certain style does not mean that we can not run or host games of a different style.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Sun May 25, 2014 6:04 pm

OK, Well as mentioned in another thread a scenario is important - an Italian game for instance has to be set in Italy, and that does mean limiting sides and uniforms to be immersive. At the very least it should have only units that are native to the theater allowed.

And 4 games is a site proposition, not a community one. I would hope after previous threads that if fireball are wanting to run games alongside the communtiy this would be addressed.

cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:06 pm

see this is why i have not posted on here , i have no will to try and make some one where a correct badged uniform for a one off game, as thats to me is not highly important to a good day, now i know how important this is to certain folks on here and reason for part of this group. Which is will offer my services as a player but not a organiser, best left to the "masters " of this sort of thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Wladek wrote:OK, Well as mentioned in another thread a scenario is important - an Italian game for instance has to be set in Italy, and that does mean limiting sides and uniforms to be immersive. At the very least it should have only units that are native to the theater allowed.

And 4 games is a site proposition, not a community one. I would hope after previous threads that if fireball are wanting to run games alongside the communtiy this would be addressed.

but he never said that would not be case , as like he said he was thinking out loud
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Sun May 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Wladek wrote:And 4 games is a site proposition, not a community one. I would hope after previous threads that if fireball are wanting to run games alongside the communtiy this would be addressed.

I agree with your first point, that for a truly immersive game this is exactly what is needed. If we were to run an immersive game then this would be the case.

Can you clarify your second comment?

Return to “Immersive WW2 game discussion group”