Question

cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Question

Postby cjw957 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:41 pm

i sort of see why this group is happening as it wants to get games that tick all the boxes for the more niche games , and i think thats great lots of enthusiasm and people etc

so my question is why then did Messina fail to get bookings , it seemed to offer what most want , strict rules on uniforms and guns etc (well strict for me :rofl: ) , storyline to get involved in , some shooty shooty , fantastic location, cheap price for a weekender and most things folks asked for...

looking from the outside i can think it was only 2 things , location as in distance ? or is a date issue

and if it one or both of them etc would it not be just a good idea to try get this game redone next year to fit in with whatever killed it , for me it was date , save trying to reinvent the wheel and all that stuff , and then all the hard work gone into it wont have been wasted

anyway just a idea ..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Question

Postby Hänschen klein » Sun May 25, 2014 7:31 pm

See my post in Whats Next it May answer some points IMHO
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:00 pm

yer just read it , spot i think :)
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon May 26, 2014 12:45 am

Date and only date was the reason I couldn't make this one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pvtjohnny » Mon May 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Does anyone think this sub section is potentially divisive? Seems backs are up (if I'm reading right) and regardless of intentions, is division all that we're achieving? I want a healthy and successful hobby. Not a political battle. Thoughts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
raffles
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby raffles » Tue May 27, 2014 6:31 pm

I'd like to think of it more as a section to develop and work on the content, structure and organisation of WW2 airsoft events beyond the filmsim level of games.
Not that filmsim, or other types of game days are less desirable, the numbers show that attendees are evenly spread amongst the lot and people have a multitude of reasons to favour a certain type of game (free time, kit level, fitness, distance, etc).
As far as I'm concerned any discussion on what people want (or not) in events is a positive thing.
oddball says -
A good spuding it's Welsh Sharia Law
pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pvtjohnny » Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 pm

thanks raffles :good:
raffles
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby raffles » Tue May 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Also I should add that even though I've not attended any of the events on here due to a combination of Uni and distance (I have been attending the milsim days and events at my local site POW though) I'm keen to do so now things have settled a bit and hopefully as an example of an "awkward player" ,i.e. - Non driver, living in the north with indeterminate work schedule over long periods, I can help with being able to tailor events to fit the majority.
oddball says -
A good spuding it's Welsh Sharia Law
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Luiluei » Tue May 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Was a date issue for me orhersise i would have booked on. L
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Wed May 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Does anyone think this sub section is potentially divisive?

Well, in the sense that it is a seperate section which replicates both the discussions we have on the main forums and duplicates what goes on in the organisers forum, then yes.

Personally I'm not even sure why this in a separate group given that large numbers of the active forum members have signed up for it, I don't see why it can't just be a general discussion thread.

I'm not a big fan of board proliferation on internet forums in general, but that may just be me.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
pvtjohnny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pvtjohnny » Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm

At the risk of sounding even more divisive, it was suggested by moderators!
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Wed May 28, 2014 3:22 pm

pvtjohnny wrote:At the risk of sounding even more divisive, it was suggested by moderators!

Splitters! :rofl:
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed May 28, 2014 4:20 pm

And here is why. Yes, I said I wouldn't post here but...

The moment anyone posts anything remotely contentious people start flying into rages. They don't articulate, they don't engage, they don't put up counter arguments. They just moan. And for some reason everything is thought of as 'bitching', 'political' or 'us and them'. Everything is seen as two factions, like they do with political parties. Man, read the manifestos people, understand the arguments whether you agree with them or not. Just because someone likes a challenging game and others don't doesn't make anyone right or wrong. Hell, there aren't even two sorts of games, just a range of approaches and concepts.

This forum is for supporting WW2 games and their players and this includes discussion and debate just as much as sourcing new kit or asking if a badge is 1cm too high or low. Unlike other airsoft forums users are welcome to put ANY relevant topics up for discussion. I do expect maturity and I do expect posts to be courteous and polite. I will NOT have the moaners or the anti-anything brigade dictating what can or can't be discussed nor allow those who want a quiet life to stifle discussion as happens on other forums, particular site ones where operators rule with fingers on the delete and ban buttons.

So, two main reasons to move the discussion to a separate, request only area, invisible to guest forum users and Google:
One - to stop the easy gamers complaining 'oooh, it's not fair, this forum is all for hard core gamers, they all hate me.
Two - allow like-minded people to speak their minds unencumbered.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed May 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Oh, and divisive? Only to those that that seek division, whether real or imaginary. :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Immersive WW2 game discussion group”