Excitometer readings

Combat South woodland - Charity event
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Excitometer readings

Postby dadio » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm

excitement building nicely , the usual grief finding magazines ,battery's , speed loaders and charging battery's .so far i'll be bringing to the game ,a Thompson ,a Sten ,an MG42 ,a VZ ZB 26 ,a Kar98K ,an MP40 , A Flack 38 and an MP44 :shock: plus all the battery's ,gas and magazines to feed them ,i haven't even looked at kit and camping gear yet :cry: i'll be glad once i get there friday night and can just settle in .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:08 pm

dadio wrote:excitement building nicely , the usual grief finding magazines ,battery's , speed loaders and charging battery's .so far i'll be bringing to the game ,a Thompson ,a Sten ,an MG42 ,a VZ ZB 26 ,a Kar98K ,an MP40 , A Flack 38 and an MP44 :shock: plus all the battery's ,gas and magazines to feed them ,i haven't even looked at kit and camping gear yet :cry: i'll be glad once i get there friday night and can just settle in .

Don`t foregt the M4 mages for the Flak :D

Building nicely to a 6.5 an up
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Morey
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Morey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:23 pm

My excitement is also building. The first time I'm using my own kit (apart from weapon). I'm sure you veterans remember how it felt to be using you own gear for the first time.
Morey... Per Ardua...

ImageImage
FUBAR
First Posting
First Posting

Postby FUBAR » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Morey wrote:My excitement is also building. The first time I'm using my own kit (apart from weapon). I'm sure you veterans remember how it felt to be using you own gear for the first time.

I'm on the same boat Morey and just got my webbing today and it fits! Can't quite figure out the Brit water bottle though!
FUBAR
ImageImage
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:31 pm

I'd be an awful lot more excited if I could move my arm above my shoulder. :roll:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Allenby wrote:I'd be an awful lot more excited if I could move my arm above my shoulder. :roll:

Cool so no surrendering then? :rofl:
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 am

Can't quite figure out the Brit water bottle though!

What is the problem? If you put a post in the British kit section I am sure we can help. The skeleton carriers can be quite hard to do up when they are new though, soaking the webbing helps.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FUBAR
First Posting
First Posting

Postby FUBAR » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:05 am

MartinR wrote:

What is the problem? If you put a post in the British kit section I am sure we can help. The skeleton carriers can be quite hard to do up when they are new though, soaking the webbing helps.

Cheers
Martin

The water bottle has an almost felt like cover and that all fits in the carrier. It's almost impossible to pull the bottle out of the carrier. I'll try soaking it. The carrier is not the skeleton type.
FUBAR
ImageImage
Dom_e
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dom_e » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 pm

FUBAR wrote:
MartinR wrote:

Cheers
Martin

The water bottle has an almost felt like cover and that all fits in the carrier. It's almost impossible to pull the bottle out of the carrier. I'll try soaking it. The carrier is not the skeleton type.

It needs to be snug, otherwise it'll fall out! Other option is to use another cross strap as a carry strap for it, allowing you to drink from the bottle while in the cradle.
Custom airsoft guns and ready-made kits: http://vintageairsoft.wordpress.com

Buy kits here: http://etsy.com/uk/shop/VintageAirsoft? ... _shop_menu

You can also LIKE our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thevintageairsofters
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:46 pm

It's almost impossible to pull the bottle out of the carrier. I'll try soaking it. The carrier is not the skeleton type.

Ah, an envelope holder. Yes, they are a bugger to get the bottles out of. Like so much military equipment, designed to only work with another section member helping and/or by taking all your gear off during a rest period designated by your commander.

As above, wear it on a seperate cross strap, keep it in your small pack or get someone else to help you take it out (it is harder to put them back in than take them out unassisted unless you take your webbing off). Or keep another water bottle in your gas mask bag and top it up from the main one during stop periods.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Soak the carrier enough for it to be damp. Put the water bottle in. Then get bits of cardboard and push them in between the carrier and bottle to stretch it and leave to dry. This should make the carrier wider at the top than the bottle so it's easier to get the bottle in and out. You won't be able to push cardboard all the way down so the bottom of the carrier remains tight enough to hold the bottle in place.
dadio

Postby dadio » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Russe11 wrote:Soak the carrier enough for it to be damp. Put the water bottle in. Then get bits of cardboard and push them in between the carrier and bottle to stretch it and leave to dry. This should make the carrier wider at the top than the bottle so it's easier to get the bottle in and out. You won't be able to push cardboard all the way down so the bottom of the carrier remains tight enough to hold the bottle in place.

this is the approved method , the canvas shrink's over 70 year's ,i don't think they were designed with more than a 10 year life expectancy .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FUBAR
First Posting
First Posting

Postby FUBAR » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Russe11 wrote:Soak the carrier enough for it to be damp. Put the water bottle in. Then get bits of cardboard and push them in between the carrier and bottle to stretch it and leave to dry. This should make the carrier wider at the top than the bottle so it's easier to get the bottle in and out. You won't be able to push cardboard all the way down so the bottom of the carrier remains tight enough to hold the bottle in place.

I'll try this tonight.

Cheers :good:
FUBAR
ImageImage
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:07 am

Weather is looking alright, 21 degrees and sunny is the current forecast!

Steadily building to a solid 7 for me :happyswing:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Steinlager
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Steinlager » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 am

Sorted my kit, batteries charged and as Matty says weather is looking good, a solid 7 for me :good:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Normandy - 21st June 2014”