Thanks

Combat South woodland - Charity event
Zero Bravo
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Thanks

Postby Zero Bravo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Might be worth checking with the other organisers before you put on too many dates, it's better than treading on toes!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FUBAR
First Posting
First Posting

Postby FUBAR » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Zero Bravo wrote:Might be worth checking with the other organisers before you put on too many dates, it's better than treading on toes!

Don't worry I've been told off once so I won't be doing it again!
FUBAR
ImageImage
FUBAR
First Posting
First Posting

Postby FUBAR » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Allenby wrote:Thanks to Greg for taking the time to organise a fun event. Nice bloke and a good crew.

Had fun, but I'm a f*cking wreck and pain killers can only get you so far. Morning was great, but by afternoon the combination of heat and not being able to move my arm properly had taken its toll. To be fair I think a lot of us were on our ass at the end.

Good to meet new faces and get shot to sh*t by a lot of old ones. ;)

I like to make sure you got your money's worth!
FUBAR
ImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Morey wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Was great to actually get a chance to properly meet some of you, notably, Martin, Steiner. Ruse11 and Allenby, and of course you great guys that did the organising was a real pleasure.

As for the outflanking incident if you referring to one near the bunkers then It was actually just a bit of momentary confusion that I'll take responsibility for, i saw a building on the flank and not being sure whether it was occupied or not got my guys to F&M towards only to discover when we got there that it was the fort we'd cleared way before. Sorry if caused anyone any aggro.

hay it was no problem i just wanted to make sure i'd caused no offence or seemed like a winger .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Morey
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Morey » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 pm

dadio wrote:
Morey wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Was great to actually get a chance to properly meet some of you, notably, Martin, Steiner. Ruse11 and Allenby, and of course you great guys that did the organising was a real pleasure.

As for the outflanking incident if you referring to one near the bunkers then It was actually just a bit of momentary confusion that I'll take responsibility for, i saw a building on the flank and not being sure whether it was occupied or not got my guys to F&M towards only to discover when we got there that it was the fort we'd cleared way before. Sorry if caused anyone any aggro.

hay it was no problem i just wanted to make sure i'd caused no offence or seemed like a winger .

Don't worry about it, was a bit confused at first then I realised what you meant when you were calling across to us, that's why we backed off. All honest mistakes really. Any way. Good game and a fantastic defense by the german team, especially in the village.
Morey... Per Ardua...

ImageImage
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks to all who turned up. Cheers for a great knackering day FUBAR, had a great time firing the Artillery piece you made, the jap leg mortar attack on village awesome, ears still ringing(cheers jerryatrick lol). Thanks to the lads for bringing the Flak gun, all these goodies made for a banging day at combat south. Oh and the Docs medical battlefield tent display, gruesome.
:good:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:30 pm

the high point of the day for me was probably the last action defending the bridges , where Lutz ,Gordon and myself supported the lad's of the Flack 38 crew ,throwing back wave after wave of determined Allied attack ,we were eventually driven back but launched a counter attack to re capture the Flack but alas it was too late as a tidal wave of Allied forces was across the bridges and our effort's made only a small reprieve and the steam roller of the Allied advance ground down our last resistance , i lived just long enough to be cut down by the Flack that was once again in Allied hand's .
It was personally satisfying as one bridge was held by our Flack team while the other was held by my Zib (bren) .
Hat's off to my German team mates in our staunch defense ,we were driven back but we seemed to do it on our own terms in an ordered withdrawal ,the only time we utterly collapsed was in the last action.The allied advance was relentless with my particular respect to the British as it allway's seemed to be a red beret or battle bowler who shot me but when it came to the Grenades they seemed to rain down on use if the American forces came in throwing distance ,there nothing like being blow'n up !
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImage
jerry a trick.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jerry a trick. » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:41 pm

dadio wrote:the high point of the day for me was probably the last action defending the bridges , where Lutz ,Gordon and myself supported the lad's of the Flack 38 crew ,throwing back wave after wave of determined Allied attack ,we were eventually driven back but launched a counter attack to re capture the Flack but alas it was too late as a tidal wave of Allied forces was across the bridges and our effort's made only a small reprieve and the steam roller of the Allied advance ground down our last resistance , i lived just long enough to be cut down by the Flack that was once again in Allied hand's .
It was personally satisfying as one bridge was held by our Flack team while the other was held by my Zib (bren) .
Hat's off to my German team mates in our staunch defense ,we were driven back but we seemed to do it on our own terms in an ordered withdrawal ,the only time we utterly collapsed was in the last action.The allied advance was relentless with my particular respect to the British as it allway's seemed to be a red beret or battle bowler who shot me but when it came to the Grenades they seemed to rain down on use if the American forces came in throwing distance ,there nothing like being blow'n up !

Dadio I did say I love killing the axis with plenty of pyro. :good: lol
I'm not complaining or trying to out do anybody but just on the village attack my gun went down so I just used my blank firing pistol & 13 mk5 Thunderflashes
17 Smoke granads &
21 pea granads but who gives a s**t anyway not me.
On that note I would like to say well done to the gerry in the two storey building that threw himself over the side when I filled it with pyro what a good bit of acting (if there was any medals to be given out I would have voted for you.) :happyclap: :happydance: :happyswing:
Cheers
Pete.
P.s. At least our gameplay on saturday was better than the English football teams on the thursday!! Lol :ghey:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Morey did a fantastic job of leading the 2nd British (and commonwealth) squad. He had us doing fire and support maneuvers so effectively that Killacommy was moaning that when we were on the bunkers he still hadn't been shot once.
I'm sure Killacommy would appreciate it if on his next game axis players could try and make up for this oversight. :rofl:
DaveC_24
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby DaveC_24 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Well I had a cracking time, particularly enjoyed the fight around the village, the two-storey fort, and a little scrap a fragment of our 82nd team got into with some of the FJ boys in the woods, clearing all those bunkers - always trying to get around each-others' flanks, was great fun to see some nice fluid fire and manoeuvre fighting rather than being in fixed positions.

Also I'd like to echo Pete's particular "well done" to the German who got blown up in the tower, I was clapping while hunkered down behind my tree when I saw that. :)
Image Image Image Image
BootedFeet
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby BootedFeet » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:57 pm

On that note I would like to say well done to the gerry in the two storey building that threw himself over the side when I filled it with pyro what a good bit of acting (if there was any medals to be given out I would have voted for you.) :happyclap: :happydance: :happyswing:
Cheers
Pete.

Also I'd like to echo Pete's particular "well done" to the German who got blown up in the tower, I was clapping while hunkered down behind my tree when I saw that.

Blimey, glad my amateur dramatics went down well, would've been ungentlemanly to hide from a well placed nade so I thought I might as well make a show of it :wink: all good fun, innit? :good:
I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tommygun
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Tommygun » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Great job Fubar
big thanks to CBS letting us use the site
me & my son had a great weekend thanks
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Now that I have returned to the land of the living, I thought I'd just say what an excellent time I had yesterday. It was great to meet loads of new faces, Lutz, Allenby, BootedFeet, Russe11, Morey and ablindedsoldier to name a few. I'd also like to say thanks to Greg for organising the day, I had loads of fun and really enjoyed myself. Great gameplay from both sides, personally I put down the fact that I went for as long as I did without being hit down to my "you go first, I'll be right behind you" attitude :lol: , rather than the enemies shooting skill.

So to sum it all up; great day, great site, great crowd and a well structured game. :good:
ImageImageImageImage
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Forgot to ask the Allies did using the mines work in the game play?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
jerry a trick.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jerry a trick. » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 pm

rabbitspacker wrote:Forgot to ask the Allies did using the mines work in the game play?

Yes it helped to slow us down.
As you know if the games to fast it will end up like an open day.
Plus with the bridges mined it made us work harder to succeed in the final battle.
Maybe the next game could be something on the lines of the Battle of the bulge just to give Gerry a break from running all the time (that is away from us).
This would stop them getting stroppy about being on the receiving end all the time & the chance for a bit of payback from the last how meny games?
Cheers
Pete
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Normandy - 21st June 2014”