Thank You

A 34th Infantry game @ Stormforce Airsoft
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Thank You

Postby Luiluei » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I would also liked to express my thanks to the 34th, my fellow GJ players and all the involved. I had a great day (could only do Saturday) and my body tells me that the site was quite challenging.
Until 4pm I had only used half a mag and probably most of it for testing the gun. We must have been the ghost platoon as we did our missions without much enemy contact. It was great as all the sneaky and holding/guarding action kept the adrenalin pumping.
The last hour I went through all my grenades and plenty of BBs.
Props were great. Loved the German guns especially the 37.
Looking forward to the next game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
StevF99
Veteran
Veteran

Postby StevF99 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:40 am

Absolutely fantastic day! Many thanks to the organisers, the missions were brilliant, gave you the uncertainty of contact or not while completing it. Especially the "Saving Private Steve" one, I just had to have a kip behind enemy lines but now I know my team misses me :wink: :giggle:

Looking forward to coming back to the site too, first time there and it's a awesome place, the hills are a killer though.
Steve

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SnS SMLE, SnS No.4, ASG Sten gun, King Arms M1928A1, Projector Infantry Anti Tank, MkII 2" Mortar, Vickers .303
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:13 am

Thanks to the 34th for another great weekend, and in particular to Zug 2 for for their cameraderie and teamwork. The 'deep penetration' mission was the one to retrieve the resistance supplies (which we actually found on Sunday, while lining up to attack the village). I am always slight dumbstruck by how much preparation goes into the 34th games, and I can only apologise that we only completed about six (?) of the numerous missions which had been planned out.

Both days were great fun, and it is nice to contrast the mission games on Saturday with the more scheduled attack/defend missions on Sunday (which I I thought worked really well with the reduced numbers). As noted above, it is a hard site, but at least this year it wasn't as hot as last year and the weather gods were kind to us campers on Saturday (if a bit mean on Friday). I seem to have picked up rather more injuries than usual including crushed/cut fingers from shifting one of the guns, and I also seem to have picked up some large scrapes in my shins which I think happened when I went head over heels down a slope. Wound badge getting upgraded to silver I think.

Really enjoyed the social on Saturday night too, perfect night for it, and good to meet some new people and catch up with old friends. We also had a good planning session for Operation Iskra, which I'm sure you are all coming to :spam:

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rifleman6925
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rifleman6925 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:48 am

As many have mentioned thanks to the organisers for a great weekend. Great to see familiar faces again . Played both days as my decrepid body can attest to :shock: . Humping the MG34 around didnt help but its performance outweighed the incumberance of its size and weight. I am sure some of the allies will be glad its safely packed away now :rofl: . My favourite highlight of the game was getting into the Allied lines at the end of day 1, crawling for ages through the triffids, shooting at least 3 before bursting out of my triffid patch for my suicide charge into a hail of fire. The apologies from the US bloke who lit up my face was not needed as 'shit happens' :good:
Last edited by rifleman6925 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Tigh117
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Colonel Tigh117 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:46 am

Many thanks to the 34th for a fantastic day (sadly i was only there for the Saturday, but as my body is still killing me today that's probably a good thing :),

Having each squad pick their own missions was pure genius and really made the day for me, the organic feel to the day made this event one of the best i've attended .

Many thanks also to my fellow GJ Zug, and to Martin for stepping up for overall command , having two combat squads gave great cohesion mission to mission and made the day very immersive, thanks for having me along.

Special thanks to lutz for opening that bottle of captured american coke, i was dying of thrust at the time and think that may of well been the best bottle of coke i've ever had in my life.

Looking forward to the next 34th game,

John
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ox&Bucks
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ox&Bucks » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 am

Great site, great 34th organisation and great British Camaraderie. Thanks to all to make it a great day.

Lots and lots of highlights: Such as blowing up a garage with a firework..... Losing Steve behind the lines..... watching Alex suffer with PTSD and eat a chemical moth ball, abandoning Charlie, Alex and Gareth on a ravine under heavy fire, and the list goes on.

I will write up a British summary of the day and post later on.
ImageImageImage

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.
Wattsy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Wattsy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:21 pm

and the grenade to your crotch during the assault on the church :rofl:

a fantastic weekend all said, i echo what has been said before. cannot wait for the next 34th event :happyclap:
Current ww2 armoury
King arms Thompson, ICS M1 Garand, ACM ZB28, ICS M3 Grease gun, ACM M1918 BAR, Kjw M1911, 2x WE Highpowers, Kwa Tokarev, Webley VI, PPS Bazooka, AGM STG44, Custom M1919 .30cal
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:47 pm

also forgot to Thank the chefs etc for saturday night - who cooked and helped us give away about 70+ burgers , bacon , sausage and of course pizza lol fozen pizza cooked on the bbq , who knew lol

also everyone that helped tidy up each night and morning :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
stut
First Posting
First Posting

Postby stut » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks guys for an awesome weekend, we had a blast as usual. It was good to camp over and the atmosphere on the saturday night was great. Had some great battles and even got a kill with the Pak which was awesome( I think it was Randles, so thanks for taking it mate , It made the time and money spent worth it, cheers mate. Really enjoyed the Sunday battles and we even carried on after everyone had gone. we split the squad into two and carried on battling! It's always good to settle some scores with your mates after all of the trash talking! Thanks to ALL of the guys who played and especially the organisers. A german gas mask tin with a smoke grenade in was left behind so I grabbed it . let me know if it's yours.
stut
First Posting
First Posting

Postby stut » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:54 pm

And before anyone mentions it . I got the kill with the Pak , Major Dave then took over the Pak and blew up the bridge full of our own team, me included !!!!! :slap: Taken out by my own Officer, gun and Tag round...
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:16 pm

stut wrote:And before anyone mentions it . I got the kill with the Pak , Major Dave then took over the Pak and blew up the bridge full of our own team, me included !!!!! :slap: Taken out by my own Officer, gun and Tag round...

So that's who shot that pyro next to my foot. Bloody SS lol
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GDog
First Posting
First Posting

Postby GDog » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:25 pm

stut wrote:And before anyone mentions it . I got the kill with the Pak , Major Dave then took over the Pak and blew up the bridge full of our own team, me included !!!!! :slap: Taken out by my own Officer, gun and Tag round...

we of the 34th shrug off Friendly fire as 30% of the days kills! Unlike you our C.O gunned down half our squad in a moment of psychotic madness...
But as i said, that's nothing unusual...
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Phil survived the PAK kill via being in cover, mate. Medal of Honor award if ever I've seen one incidentally, held out for twenty minutes virtually on his own,

The tw*t who went flying after the TAG round landed three feet from him was me. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tatts
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby tatts » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Great game and really well organised, thanks alot look forward to the next one. cheers
stut
First Posting
First Posting

Postby stut » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:32 pm

AH ! so it was you Gareth!! even better . we fired another round right onto the bridge where Phil was but it failed to go off!! those Tag Rounds are funny as hell but expensive. Granger , Major Dave was the FJ officer, Matt was the SS officer. we would have been fine if Matt was firing the gun . Dave is always blowing us up...... and I get blamed for it.

Return to “Operation Benevento - 14/16 August 2015”