Thanks

Italy 1943 - a Gunman game @ Westwood, Herts
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Thanks

Postby Granger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:45 pm

jerry a trick. wrote:
prideofengland wrote:Russell's excellent pointy artillery spotter thing a me jig :good:

Is that a German I see peeing in the woods behind you? :oops:
Oh no it's not!! :roll:
oh yes it is!! :rofl:

You'd definitely hear an 'aaaarrrgghh' from that hit [emoji2]
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GDog
First Posting
First Posting

Postby GDog » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Luiluei wrote:I would like to thank Josh, his team and everyone else as well. Great game.
All the props really added to the game. I loved the vehicles especially when we were riding in Josh's car with a whole German squad. We were coming to CP1 which we thought to be in firm heads of our troops only to run into an allied counter attack. We had to jump out under attack which was great.

Rolling Tim's gun into the field was good fun trying to take strong points out. It quickly became an objective for both sides to take out or reactivate.
We need more of this stuff :good:

From the Allied point of view, i remember taking out the Gun crew and (through the use of a blizzard of frags and smoke) pushing the Krauts out of the CP. Just as we were considering pushing to the tree line someone started screaming "ENEMY VEHICLE! ENEMY VEHICLE! Thus our drive faltered and we 'stalled. The rest is history!
I really enjoyed the day and nearly wet myself when invited to jump on the trucks .50 at the last stand, Cheers to Sarge for giving me a memory i will never forget!
It's true that at WW2 games the quality of play is always top notch! looking forward to seeing the photo's from the day...
TheChef
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby TheChef » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Many thanks to Josh and his team for a great day, good to see the usual high level of play and kit from all players, some great moments. Thanks to Tim for letting us crew his amazing Gebirg IG :shock: , we were even getting quite slick reloading at one point :whistle: and thanks to Lutz for lugging the mortar around, as we eventually managed to get some long range shots over the trees into CP2 :good: My only comment would be that our squad might have been more cohesive with a more specific command structure, as I thought at times there were 'too many chiefs', which I felt led to a less strategic approach to our attacks and a more just charge and hope for the best open day approach, but overall a great day :D

Cheers
Russell
German
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russian
ImageImageImage
British
ImageImageImageImage
Japanese
Crowley
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Crowley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 am

Thanks Josh and the crew for putting on a great event. Saturday was awesome with lots of counter attacks by the allies which made us Germans work hard for every point taken. Great game play all round. Sunday was a quiet affair but still good fun. Thanks to everyone who took part.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabbitspacker
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby rabbitspacker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks to Josh and all those who attended for a great day very well organised as always. :happydance:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
PEDRO
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby PEDRO » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 pm

What a fantastic day with lots of great memories and so much action!

Hopefully got some good photos, so will get them edited and posted ASAP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks to all. Had fun. Sorry I didn't make it on Sunday, I think I overdid it on Saturday and the shoulder is still complaining badly now, on Sunday morning it wasn't going to let me go anywhere.

TheChef wrote:My only comment would be that our squad might have been more cohesive with a more specific command structure, as I thought at times there were 'too many chiefs', which I felt led to a less strategic approach to our attacks and a more just charge and hope for the best open day approach

This would be my main comment too. I couldn't really spot any discernible squad structure and if there was orders were not being passed to the Brits. It didn't help that from the beginning the Brits seemed to be deployed to protect the left flank of flag 2 and all of 3 and 4 and as a consequence were spread out over a huge patch of wood. So right from the start the chance of establishing a squad identity and feel had gone and by the end of the day it was just a free for all.

My second comment is related as we came across lone bimblers on the Axis side too.

But all in all it was fun although I am paying the price for it now.

Cheers
Charlie
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gunman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Cheers all for a fantastic weekend. Sorry to the guys who lacked command structure in that unit, We have quite a few guys pull out last minute from the team and got left short on Units commanders. Still, imaging your CO's was shot dead and all that was left was a bunch of corporals, recon we delivered a spot on experience lol. :good:

Sunday was awesome, with over a dozen guys not making it back we soldier on and pulled a stinker out of the bag.

lesson for Gunman, too few a guys only want to play the weekends these days and the single day is the game of choice (a change in the way WW2 games are these days) so unless the site we book in miles away like Sennybridge or Candleston, this will be our last weekend :good: The game has moved on and so will we.

Huge thanks to all you lot however for reminding what a pleasure WW2 battles are and how much adrenaline can be added to the experience in a force on force action packed game. Im struggling today 'BIG TIME' lol
Heer Schmidt
cuff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cuff » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Had a fantastic day Saturday and loads of great moments from traveling down to the Site in the deuce, to just sitting watching the rest of the 34th exchanging rounds with gerrie covered in a smoke screen.

The level of game play was spot on as well as the attitude of players from both sides.

I think ww2 air soft is back on track and the balance is just right too, 50% air soft 50% re-enactment & 100% fun :D

Big thanks to Josh and all those involved in organising this cracking day roll on the next one
Muttley
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Muttley » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 am

Fantastic game both days, big thanks to all players and the gunman crew as always.

Lesson learned regarding squad leadership, we really should have broken down the GJ into two smaller groups to be manageable. I think that would have reduce the amount of 'bimbling' since its much easier to keep tabs on 5 players than it is fifteen.

Also special mention to the guys that played in the rain Sunday morning. We had an absolute blast ambushing the convoy, especially the 'RUN AWAY!!!!' moments...
Wake up there, Muttley, you're dreaming again!
You're not Robin Hood and you're not Gunga Din.
You're not a brave knight or a king who's been crowned;
You're just plain old Muttley, the snickering hound!

Engineer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Engineer » Sat May 02, 2015 8:59 am

prideofengland wrote:Yes thanks Josh and crew for a fun day :good:

Also thanks to Russell and Calum for helping to crew the howitzer. It finally got a few kills, the artillery duel with the 34th's mortar was great fun :D

Russell your artillery spotter thing was awsome :good:

May have been the Dog co airborne mortar crew, we went through £250 worth of mortar rounds, and had a brilliant day!!! :happyclap:

Return to “The Road to Rome - 27/29 March 2015”