Big hello from suffolk

Wecome to the forum , please say hello and take time to have a read of the rough guide, it may save you some time getting up to speed.
Floodley
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Big hello from suffolk

Postby Floodley » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Hello everyone I have been playing airsoft for a while now and have been looking at a new angle of play as I'm getting bored of the standard open skirmish spray and pray games. Had a look at modern milsim but it really float my boat and then I stumbled across this forum.

I'm currently doing some research how best to do things properly and hopefully gain some pointers and guidance. Thank you in advance for any help I can get :D
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Big hello from suffolk

Postby prideofengland » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Allo allo :good:

Any idea which impression you fancy doing? Plenty of kit guides on the forum. Any questions ask away :D
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Floodley
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby Floodley » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Aiming for a german heer infantry impression. The german just had the best looking kit and equipment. I'm currently doing a lot of research on what best to buy first.
BootedFeet
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby BootedFeet » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum!
German Heer Infantry is a very wise choice, almost every game will have Her infantry, and there's plenty of guns to choose from, though the MP40 is a great place to start. The kit guides are very helpful, though I'd recommend asking the veterans on here where exactly to buy from, the kit guides were written a while ago and there's a bit more selection around now and those who've been doing it a while are usually happy to help.
Whatever you end up going for I hope you have fun with it, the WWII are a friendly bunch and the games are really something :good:
I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Kit guides a-plenty (menu at the very top of this forum):
http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/so-you-wanna-do-german/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:12 am

Hello and welcome,

yes have a look at the kit guides, but you don't need a ton of stuff to get started - basic uniform, belt, ammo pouches, breadbag to put your bits in, water bottle and some sort of hat. Modern assault boots with gaiters look OK. If you can afford it, a helmet is very useful.

Any Qs, fire away.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am

Hello and welcome! As others have said, check out the guides at the top of the forum - start basic and you can't go wrong! :good:

Most important thing is to try and get along to some events, no point having all the kit if it never leaves the house! :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “New To The Forum? Please Look Here First”