Sumimasen!

Wecome to the forum , please say hello and take time to have a read of the rough guide, it may save you some time getting up to speed.
Hirate Sakimori
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Sumimasen!

Postby Hirate Sakimori » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:47 pm

"Sumimasen"
Excuse me :)

Greetings from the Wild West Midlands. I am new member Hirate Sakimori, I am part Japanese mature student, philosopher, martial artist, re-enactor and soon to be air-softer?

My interest is in World War two Japanese Imperial forces and perhaps taking part in games with other forces of this time period. I noticed there is not much traffic on forums with regards to this section of World War two. However my aim is to change that. :)

The problem I noticed in UK is that unlike my native homeland the laws here are obviously different... also the supply is becoming an issue... Japanese forces never had good supplies anyway... :/ Needless to say I can only try my best.

I'm desperate to get into the airsoft scene in the UK and would be happy to visit any local sites in the Midlands to get more of a feel for Airsoft here. In Japan it is not uncommon and there are large Japanese re-enactment groups in US but in the UK not so much... Still there is always room for improvement.

I will be happy to provide US and German forces plenty of information you may wish to know but also I will be a plucky target for you in possible future games.

My best wishes to all members for the new year and may you all have great fun. :happyclap:
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Sumimasen!

Postby MartinR » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Hello and welcome,

yes, you are quite right, the law is different here to Japan. Your best bet is to go along a local Airsoft site for a game or three and see how you get on. You'll need to be a member of an airsoft site in any case to legally be sold an airsoft rifle.

Brief guide to the relevant laws here:

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8301

as for Pacific games, well, they have been talked about much but never, to my knowledge, actually run. I suspect that like Vietnam games you'll have thousands of Allies hunting down a few unfortunate Japanese players, although that might be quite interesting in itself.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:19 pm

Hello and welcome
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hirate Sakimori
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Hirate Sakimori » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:34 pm

MartinR wrote:Hello and welcome,

yes, you are quite right, the law is different here to Japan. Your best bet is to go along a local Airsoft site for a game or three and see how you get on. You'll need to be a member of an airsoft site in any case to legally be sold an airsoft rifle.

Brief guide to the relevant laws here:

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8301

as for Pacific games, well, they have been talked about much but never, to my knowledge, actually run. I suspect that like Vietnam games you'll have thousands of Allies hunting down a few unfortunate Japanese players, although that might be quite interesting in itself.

Cheers
Martin

Thank you very much. I have already got in touch with a local club and will be attending a non world war 2 themed shoot in a few weeks. They unfortunately don't have a world war two game schedule but hopefully they might run some games if enough people show interest. :) Site is near Kidderminster

As for Japanese being vastly outnumbered that is actually something historically accurate. Even in the earlier stages of the war in the Far East, Japanese forces were almost always outnumbered and outgunned. Singapore saw 2 Divisions of IJA 30,000 troops fight against a force in excess of 120,000 British Empire troops. On the whole in the 41-42 campaign there was less than 200,000 Japanese against combined American, Dutch, British and Australian forces which numbered over 460,000... the odds were the same throughout the war with a few notable sieges such as Kohima Ridge (the Indian Rorkes Drift) which saw isolated Allied forces surrounded by Asiatic Japanese hordes... but right up till the end of the war it was usually the Japanese forces which faced superior Allied numbers :)

As for late war games in the US it is also common for re-enactments and skirmishes of Saipan and Okinawa to have odds of 4-1 in the Allies favour. :)
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Allo allo

As martin says I believe there has never been a Pacific game but I believe there are a few players with Japanese uniforms, I have even been tempted myself.

Fireball WW2 games near Birmingham allow a wide variety of uniforms and they even have a guy who wears USMC uniform so that may be a possibility :good:
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957

Postby cjw957 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:59 pm

well i have a japanese hat and as far as i got , we have talked about doing a very small pacfic game , but the problem is not enough folks that would come with kit , marines etc no problem its a easy conversion for such a game, but Japaense is more or less a new set of kit for very few games - i am still tempted by the whole idea , so never say never lol

if you wanted to try airsoft there is also fireball in Birmingaham , bassets pole http://www.fireballsquadron.com normal days (this saturday) and also a ww2 game this sunday which we may be able to get you some loan kit ? but would be playing german.

if either of you are a intrest drop me a pm :)
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:30 pm

but Japaense is more or less a new set of kit for very few games

'Looks like' Japanese isn't too hard, particularly if you already have bits of Russian and British kit. iirc we discussed various options in the relevant Axis forum. The Japanese kit guide mainly consists of substitute items http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/japanese-basic-impression/

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Luiluei » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Konitchiwa Hirate,
Would love to welcome a Japanese liaison officer in the Axis ranks on one of the games. :D
Hope to see you soon
Lutz
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957

Postby cjw957 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:39 pm

MartinR wrote:
but Japaense is more or less a new set of kit for very few games

'Looks like' Japanese isn't too hard, particularly if you already have bits of Russian and British kit. iirc we discussed various options in the relevant Axis forum. The Japanese kit guide mainly consists of substitute items http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/japanese-basic-impression/

Cheers
Martin

good article that , not seen it , so ta martin :)

come and talk to me sunday :) :giggle:
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:17 am

Or even easier, just wear motley British kit and a turban... Instant Indian National Army! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hirate Sakimori
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Hirate Sakimori » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Thankyou every body who replied and greeted me so warmly

DomoArigatoGuzaymashta

Thank you very much I will try to keep in touch and let you guys know about meeting. I look forward to skirmishing with friends like this. :happyclap:

Return to “New To The Forum? Please Look Here First”