Hello from Bristol

Wecome to the forum , please say hello and take time to have a read of the rough guide, it may save you some time getting up to speed.
Overpromoted
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Hello from Bristol

Postby Overpromoted » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:00 am

Evening all,

I've been playing for years now, most recently more milsm stuff and roleplay but done a few In Country events too. Have been a WW2 history nut since I was a lad, and now getting seriously tempted with WW2 airsoft - thanks to Phil for introducing me to this site.

Am digging around the topics at the moment, but most likely to go for British Infantry mid-late war, DCLI due to family connections with the regiment during WW2 and earlier. Current thinking is SMLE or Sten plus 37 pattern webbing.

Anyone else in the Bristol area into Brit kit?

Looking forward to getting to a WW2 event later in the year!

Cheers

Dave
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: Hello from Bristol

Postby Russe11 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 am

We actually have a facebook group in the bristol area https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pattern37/

There were about 6 of us at the last game from the Bristol area. I mainly do Aussie when I can get away with it but have a full set of British gear as well so we can get you geared up with borrowed gear for a game or 2. The others do Americans and Germans mainly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:42 am

Allo allo :good:
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:21 am

Hello and welcome,

the kit guides give some decent tips on getting started, but if you are short of stuff people will often lend it out for events.

Personally I'd go for an SMG as a starting weapon, so much more flexible and a lot more readily available. Garand is a reasonable compromise and some British units did use them. SMLE or No 4 will almost certainly be custom guns, apart from the dodgy gas SMLE.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:13 am

Hello & welcome!
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:26 am

Hello and welcome, probably best to start with a sten and then work towards getting a Enfield over time. Its worth remembering that most WW2 players use rifles as battle rifles (sub 350fps), rather than high velocity sniper rifles, so if you do go down the rifle route, you dont need it upgraded to 500fps!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “New To The Forum? Please Look Here First”