New recruit from Essex, Hello to all.

Wecome to the forum , please say hello and take time to have a read of the rough guide, it may save you some time getting up to speed.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

New recruit from Essex, Hello to all.

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:42 am

Hi, just joined, still searching site, I'm not an overly experienced skirmisher, been on a few "modern" ones, .....not overly impressed by the attitude of some members, after all it's a game. Got a fair amount of Airsoft weapons mostly WW2 era, want to use them in context. I do all my own repairs and servicing, I've also got loads of "bits of uniform" hanging around, but no complete one.
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: New recruit from Essex, Hello to all.

Postby Hänschen klein » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:10 am

willkommen :good:

Have a look around the forum ask questions there is not anything that someone doesn`t know due to the knowledge base on here.

Most importantly get to a game. There is no point collecting kit and not attending an air-soft `Experience` If you need some kit to attend a game there is always someone who will lend you stuff :happyclap:

Kit wise go `Generic` soldier. basic impression. Get swankey camo stuff or airborne stuff later it will serve you best in the long run.

Have fun
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImage Image
Image Image
Bravo-2-6
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bravo-2-6 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Welcome!

There are a few of us on here from Essex :)

Great to have you on board!
Jack

Designated Support Gunner- Maybe one day i may actually hit someone!

Armoury
Germany: MG42, MP40, Mauser M712
Italy: Berretta M38A
U.S.A: M1918SLR B.A.R
U.K: Lee Enfield SMLE
ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello and welcome
As above ,choose a side ,get a basic infantry kit and get to a game . don't wait till your kit is stitch perfect or complete ,if you look at the game threads there's always a kit loan section for what you don't have ,loaned on a you bend it you mend it basis .
Buy the best kit you can when you can, based on advice from the forum ,there is a lot of kit of poor quality or just made wrong so always ask before you buy ,if you arrive with a pair of boots and a pair of trousers of good quality and borrow everything else its better than getting a full set of nearly right or poor quality stuff that you have to spend again later to replace ,or spending £1000 on your first game and hateing it never to play again.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello fellow Essex person.

Do you go to any open days at Skirmish Airsoft Billericay? There's a few of us now who go wearing our ww2 kit. We could all have a meet and show the modern lot how it's done.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks guys, good advice from dadio, I'll have to dig out uniform stuff, it's probably shrunk, can be me putting weight on! I do like using my Ppsh 41 so might go Russion unless it's allowed to be captured by a German!
I'm not too far from Billericay, so if you want to let me know what's happening I'll tag along, Granger, but I'm no spring chicken! Probably older than most guys on this forum.
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Various games have different kit requirements ,some entry level games only require you to scrim up an M4 to disguise it ,other games may require a rifle only or anything in between ,its not uncommon for any period weapon to be acceptable ,of course the ideal is to have the correct weapon but not everyone is that wealthy ,weapons are often loaned out for a game on a you bend it you mend it basis if you want to attend a game and don't have an acceptable weapon.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
paule
Veteran
Veteran

Postby paule » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Let me know next time you go to billericay and I will come through the tunnel to join you all... Bored being the only ww2 at apocalypse!
Lord elpus just to let you know I'm over 50 with a knackered leg. You will be fine.......
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:30 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! Ask away with any questions no matter how straight forward they are; keep your kit generic and try and get to a game when you can...the rest will come from there!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 pm

paule wrote:Let me know next time you go to billericay and I will come through the tunnel to join you all... Bored being the only ww2 at apocalypse!
Lord elpus just to let you know I'm over 50 with a knackered leg. You will be fine.......

Next time we go I'll post and open invitation on the forum so we can all have a meet up.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Sounds good to me, I'm up for that.

Return to “New To The Forum? Please Look Here First”