Snipers!!!

To be held at Eversley, Hants

Moderator: Hänschen klein

User avatar
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Posts: 3400
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Guildford Surrey England

Snipers!!!

Postby Hänschen klein » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Ok I feel |I need to clarify this. But I don`t know why :x

WW2 was a general squad based war. For every couple of thousand riflemen you had a sniper attached to the squad depending on which army you fought for.

We are going to field a squad based game and there are No places for snipers in this game!!

Please people get this out of your heads. You won`t have an advantage of being a sniper it just leads to Lone Wolfing which is what we do not support in anyway. The site is mainly wooded and I guarantee 99% of the time you won`t meet the minimum engagement range of 30m`s so you will be on your side arm if you have one. If you do start shooting people at close range with a sniper rifle you will be asked to leave the game. Not my rules the site rules and insurance.

We are not about getting around the rules to gain an advantage that is for open day Kn**heads. If you feel that you cannot abide by the rules as stated please PM me. We certainly don`t want Open Day minded people attending one of our events.

I do hope this is now clear for all concerened
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Siggi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Hänschen klein wrote:Ok I feel |I need to clarify this. But I don`t know why :x

WW2 was a general squad based war. For every couple of thousand riflemen you had a sniper attached to the squad depending on which army you fought for.

We are going to field a squad based game and there are No places for snipers in this game!!

Please people get this out of your heads. You won`t have an advantage of being a sniper it just leads to Lone Wolfing which is what we do not support in anyway. The site is mainly wooded and I guarantee 99% of the time you won`t meet the minimum engagement range of 30m`s so you will be on your side arm if you have one. If you do start shooting people at close range with a sniper rifle you will be asked to leave the game. Not my rules the site rules and insurance.

We are not about getting around the rules to gain an advantage that is for open day Kn**heads. If you feel that you cannot abide by the rules as stated please PM me. We certainly don`t want Open Day minded people attending one of our events.

I do hope this is now clear for all concerened


I don't think I like the imputation of being a "knob-head", or whatever it was you meant in this thread (undoubtedly motivated by my earlier PM in which I quite innocently informed you of my intention to bring a high-powered rifle, per your request*, and to perform as a sniper). I had no idea at all that snipers are not allowed, so I must have missed the post where that rule is stipulated. I was under the impression that first and foremost the purpose of what we do is to have fun, with each player making the impression that gives that fun. There's nothing "open-day knob-head" about it, anymore than somebody wishing to field an MG in a close-wooded environment (referring to your PM) is an impractical open-day Rambo wannabe (woods suitable for an MG but not a sniper-rifle? Interesting dichotomy). I might also point out that most of the chaps here most likely attend open-day sites and your insinuation that they are "knob-heads" for doing so is a breath-taking show of arrogance, misplaced superiority and lack of respect.

I'm sorry my belief that a sniper would be a valid and useful member of a squad has caused you such offence; almost as sorry as I am that it's given you cause to be so rude in this thread. Needless to say, a simple polite message to inform me no snipers are allowed would have sufficed. I will revert to my MG. And I would appreciate a link to where it stipulates "No Snipers!" in the rules, just out of interest. If it is so stated I can only apologise for missing it.

* Your request that anyone intending to bring a high-powered springer rifle inform you of such via PM.
Image
User avatar
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Posts: 3400
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Guildford Surrey England

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 am

Siggi wrote:
Hänschen klein wrote:Ok I feel |I need to clarify this. But I don`t know why :x

WW2 was a general squad based war. For every couple of thousand riflemen you had a sniper attached to the squad depending on which army you fought for.

We are going to field a squad based game and there are No places for snipers in this game!!

Please people get this out of your heads. You won`t have an advantage of being a sniper it just leads to Lone Wolfing which is what we do not support in anyway. The site is mainly wooded and I guarantee 99% of the time you won`t meet the minimum engagement range of 30m`s so you will be on your side arm if you have one. If you do start shooting people at close range with a sniper rifle you will be asked to leave the game. Not my rules the site rules and insurance.

We are not about getting around the rules to gain an advantage that is for open day Kn**heads. If you feel that you cannot abide by the rules as stated please PM me. We certainly don`t want Open Day minded people attending one of our events.

I do hope this is now clear for all concerened


I don't think I like the imputation of being a "knob-head", or whatever it was you meant in this thread (undoubtedly motivated by my earlier PM in which I quite innocently informed you of my intention to bring a high-powered rifle, per your request*, and to perform as a sniper). I had no idea at all that snipers are not allowed, so I must have missed the post where that rule is stipulated. I was under the impression that first and foremost the purpose of what we do is to have fun, with each player making the impression that gives that fun. There's nothing "open-day knob-head" about it, anymore than somebody wishing to field an MG in a close-wooded environment (referring to your PM) is an impractical open-day Rambo wannabe (woods suitable for an MG but not a sniper-rifle? Interesting dichotomy). I might also point out that most of the chaps here most likely attend open-day sites and your insinuation that they are "knob-heads" for doing so is a breath-taking show of arrogance, misplaced superiority and lack of respect.

I'm sorry my belief that a sniper would be a valid and useful member of a squad has caused you such offence; almost as sorry as I am that it's given you cause to be so rude in this thread. Needless to say, a simple polite message to inform me no snipers are allowed would have sufficed. I will revert to my MG. And I would appreciate a link to where it stipulates "No Snipers!" in the rules, just out of interest. If it is so stated I can only apologise for missing it.

* Your request that anyone intending to bring a high-powered springer rifle inform you of such via PM.



Replied by PM
This is not aimed at an individual it is a general overview that Open Day minded players who try and circumnavigate the rules to their advantage are not welcome.
Sorry for any confusion.
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
User avatar
agent orange
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 am

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby agent orange » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:25 am

I have dropped you a PM, please let us know if you still want to attend the game
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Siggi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:53 am

Hänschen klein wrote:Replied by PM
This is not aimed at an individual it is a general overview that Open Day minded players who try and circumnavigate the rules to their advantage are not welcome.
Sorry for any confusion.


I have no idea how you have associated 'somebody's' wish to attend as a sniper with trying to "circumnavigate the rules". Airsoft snipers are very much a normal part of the airsoft scene. As they were a normal component of WW2 forces too. It's a guy with a bolt-action or semi-auto rifle with a scope on top of it, not a mini-gun.

But that point is irrelevant. If you wish to rule that snipers are not allowed, no problem. Just make it clear. Politely. There was no need, at all, for your derogatory comments above.
Image
User avatar
bigkie
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme
Posts: 914
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby bigkie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 am

Sorry but this thread .. just wow. :slap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Siggi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Tell me about it. I guess this is what Josh was talking about when he said the decline of the WW2 airsoft scene was mostly down to 'politics'. A kind of generic catch-all term for malarkey. I can understand somebody having a mini-meltdown over somebody genuinely trying to take the proverbial (in whatever way) but to behave like this simply over somebody innocently announcing his desire to have a sniper slot...paint me gobsmacked.

Anyway, that's the three of us done with this WW2 stuff. Polite suggestion to future organizers...when an organizer behaves so poorly, instead of another one stepping into the fray and adding fuel to the fire how about he tells the first one his behaviour is out of line. Oh yeah...'politics'. Lol
Image
User avatar
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Siggi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:03 pm

For the record:

"by Siggi

I have not one shred of an idea how you could have possibly construed any kind of criticism of the game and rules. Even less how I'm "Trying to squeeze the best advantage out of everything." I simply assumed snipers would be part of the game and responded to Hanschen's request for a PM to notify him of any intention to bring high-powered springer rifles. The next thing I know is he's posted derogatory comments associating "Snipers!!!" with "open-day" kn**-heads. He has been unneccessarily rude and aggressive and I am not the only one signed-on to your event to feel that way.

As for "running around like it's a normal open day event", the ammo-limit clearly precludes that, even if anyone was dim enough to think teamwork was not an intended part of the setup. And if you'd bothered to take your concerns about my style of play to any of your colleagues who played at the Bloodhound event you'd have had your mind set at ease very quickly. My only 'offence' in this case is to have assumed snipers would be a part of the squad, not to try to "squeeze an advantage". But pejorative hyperbole seems to be the order of the day. Simply because of a natural assumption.

If you wish to refund me you'll have to also refund my son's and friend's fee, and don't be surprised if a few others pull out too. Not only is it highly un-professional for one of the organizers to publicly impugn open-day-style players by implying they are "knob-heads", it is rude and disrespectful too. Airsofters are decent people looking for a bit of harmless fun, no matter how they choose to play (and in many cases adopting numerous styles). There are no 'better' or 'worse' ways to play or any need for somebody to sneer at others, so long as everyone has fun on the day.

Please let me know your decision on the refunds."
Image
User avatar
Hänschen klein
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Posts: 3400
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Guildford Surrey England

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Hänschen klein » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:51 pm

Your Money has been refunded in Full for Siggi and Siggi Junior.
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Siggi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Thank you, just saw it come in (email notification). Can you please also refund the fee I paid also for Dizzy. TIA.
Image
jerry a trick.
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm
Location: southampton

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby jerry a trick. » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Hay hay :oops:
Can we all please take a deep breath & respect each other before we know it everyone will be taking sides & we will have a real fight on our hands.
I'm not taking anyone's side but it's rare to see a sniper at a ww2 game because most games are squad based so one of you could be right but also one of you has only just joined the ww2 forum so will not know any different.
As for the remark of "an open day knocked" I don't think this is pointing at one person but there are some open day snipers that just want to be lone super hero's but it just doesn't work in these sort of games very well.
We are all here to enjoy this fantastic hobby that we get a buzz out of & try to increase the numbers at each game but carrying on like this will only put people off the hobby.
Maybe you two gentlemen should pm each other to rectify your feeling & misunderstandings without everyone joining in & taking sides.
My apologies to you both if I have offended ether of you but I have played with both of you & you are both nice chaps (not in a gay way) it would be a shame to put a downer on what will be my last game of the year & I am well looking forward to this one & no doubt so will others.
Please sort it out like gentlemen
Peter. :good:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
User avatar
Cjindahouse
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Cjindahouse » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Couldn't agree more with Pete, this is going to be my first game and I've got friends coming from over the country to play it's going to be a shame if people start leaving. I doubt it's aimed anyone specifically as I think a friend also enquired as to the rules etc. Let's all chill out laugh it off and enjoy the day eh? :)
Image Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Zero Bravo
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Posts: 3513
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:50 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Zero Bravo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:50 pm

image.jpeg
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin
Posts: 15584
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:20 pm
Location: Derby

Re: Snipers!!!

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:57 pm

OK, enough is enough, once in a while there is flouncing. It happens.
Further contributions, no matter how well meant, rarely make a difference, so let's leave it there and concentrate on making The Last Stand as epic as it should be.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Last Stand - 7th May 2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest