Clarity needed, 100rnd or 50 rnd?

A Southern Army Division Game held at UCAP Airsoft “Bunker”

Moderator: Southern Army Division

Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Clarity needed, 100rnd or 50 rnd?

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:48 am

Having read through the posts, somewhat confused on rnd amount, have read 100, then read somewhere 50.
So can this be cleared up for me please.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Clarity needed, 100rnd or 50 rnd?

Postby Mattywheels » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 am

100 rounds per life
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:02 am

Thanks,.....even that's not enough in my opinion, but I'll go along with that, The Ppsh drum mag does take a few "lost rounds" in the tube, will this be compensated? Or just tough luck!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 am

It'll be more than enough in the tunnels; this event will be lots of creeping round trying to stay undetected as much as possible rather than a full on fire-fight.

The missions are being organised so that someone with a springer pistol and a LARP entrenching tool will be as effective as the man with a MP40 or PPSH :twisted:

No compensation for any lost rounds i'm afraid, 100 per life is the absolute maximum :good:
ImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:09 pm

The reason for me coming to "game" in ww2 mode was to use the Ppsh in context,

I honestly believe you will find you'll be using the ppsh "in context" in that you'll be surrounded by a group of Russian comrades, battling in adverse conditions against a determined enemy of hitlerites! You'll be using guile and cunning for the glorious motherland along side veterans and new recruits, sometimes in the dark where you won't know what is around the next corner, or behind you come to that.
The only thing you will have in common with the brutal enemy that are trying to take Stalins city from you is that all of you have supply line problems and have to make do with what is available to you. For once the Bosh won't be able to hide behind the obscene amount of ammunition that their mg42 can pour down on you, they may also be reduced to a Luger or a bayonet.

I appreciate that as an airsofter who is used to modern games on open day walk on sites this may take some getting used to but I do ask you to trust us. I do the NAE and Ai500 I've been green team commander twice, I run a regular airsoft site but I get my fun out setting running and playing games like these. I promise you'll have a great day, you may just need to get your head round it :good:
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:26 pm

If your gun needs 125 to fire 100 then of course you can overfill it - these games have no marshalls and are completely self-policed - the organisers trust all the players to fill with the correct amount, so as long as you are only using 100 rounds per life (and being honest about it) then you can have as many rounds in your mag as you need.

If you still want to pull out then fair enough, we'll try and find a taker for your place.
ImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:41 pm

I can stick to rules as much as the next person, there's no animosity here, but if someone has a springer rifle they will use all of their shots, no loss, I can stick to the 100 rnd rule, just a bit of common sense, I would like to be able to put out the 100 if I wished. I understand it's not a " splat fest" game, to conserve, and have reality to ammo amount, just can't see the sense in dragging around a sub machine gun, that would be disadvantaged to a pistol!
Can you see where I'm coming from with this? In reality if someone had a pistol and close combat weapon like a shovel or similar, and knew they were up against a sub machine gun they would go the other way!
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Oh I agree absolutely! The problem with airsoft guns is that they aren't as effective as their real life versions (as impressive as an MG42 is, it's essentially the same as an MP40 on an airsoft site!).

We don't want people to have a day worrying too much about the details of rules, but by the same token need to find a way to level the playing field between though who have automatic weapons and those who carry single shoot guns.

No animosity here either matey :good:
ImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks for the clarity on this Matt, I will keep my place, as I do want to attend, I don't really want to be walking hundreds of metres just because of a few bb rounds either!
If I dont attend I'll never know the game "attitude" I really think these games are the way forward for me in the Airsoft sense, so you'll have no more "whinging " from me, I'll be there.
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:19 pm

100 rounds per life is absolutely tons, honestly. I was only using a single 100 round mag at Vierville (although the limit was higher), and I ran out of ammo precisely once.

Now, real hardcore is 100 rounds to last the whole day :)

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:54 pm

If your using a mag that cannot feed the last 20 or so rounds like a hicap then its entirely withing the rules to put the extra 20 rounds in in order to shoot the allowed amount ,what would then be cheating would be to turn the gun upsidedown in order to fire the extra 20 , our games run only because we can trust each other to play within the spirit of the rules .
The most common rule you will hear during a ww2 airsoft pre game briefing is "Don't be a COCK !" Meaning don't use gamesmanship to get around the spirit of the rules , it encapsulates our entire ethos in 4 words .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:47 pm

MartinR wrote:100 rounds per life is absolutely tons, honestly. I was only using a single 100 round mag at Vierville (although the limit was higher), and I ran out of ammo precisely once.

Now, real hardcore is 100 rounds to last the whole day :)

Cheers
Martin

How I remember Hauptmann Horn dropping a few rounds on the floor picking them carefully up so as not to waste any of the 100 for the day :shock:
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Zero Bravo

Postby Zero Bravo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Lord Elphus,
I tried to reply to your post and ended up editing it, I apologise, I'm a techno dunderhead, but my sentiments remain the same. Apologies once again :slap:
Jimbo
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Nothing wrong with blazing off all your ammo in one burst, as long as you get some kind of advanatge in doing so.
(covering a retreat , team support, suppressing the enemy)

its all about the "spirit" if your gun gos dry after the hundred rounds, then pull out your knife / tool/ hand and hunt the enemy with that.

the best games ive ever played have had the lowest ammo limits.
the last one i played was 8 hours long and i fired 14 rounds and hit 7 people. it was an amazing day.

I come to WW2 events for my "fun"
i also run regular sites and do love a change away from people who are customers.

I am so looking forward to this event, and im sure you would enjoy it even with 20 rounds per life =)
:good:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Return to “Stalingrad: Rattenkrieg - 3rd December 2016”