A big thank you

A Southern Army Division Game held at Gunman Airsoft Eversley

Moderator: Southern Army Division

HamMan
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Re: A big thank you

Postby HamMan » Sun May 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Awesome game :good: The amount of smokes was incredible.

Big thank you to the organizers for creating great battles and scenarios, especially the end assault from the allies.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 am

I can only echo what has been written, great day, great organisation, great place, the best bunch of people, not forgetting Peter's explosive manner!
Totally knackered me, walked around yesterday doing my impression of Kenneth More, acting as Sir Douglas Bader.
Andy
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 am

Thank you to everyone who attended this weekend and for really getting into the spirit of the game; for those of you who are new to the scene, hopefully it whetted your appetite for more and we'll see you at the next one! To the old sweats, always good to see everyone and catch up over a couple of beers the night before...the social can sometimes be the highlight of the weekend!

Thanks to my fellow organisers for all your hard work over the last few months, and big thanks to you poor buggers in the Para section who had me for a leader :lol: you all followed any orders given to a T, and I saw no lone wolfing or any of that nonsense - hats off to your all :good:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 am

Just to add my voice to the chorus.

A wonderful day, thoroughly enjoyed it. Amazing props, kit levels, pyro and game play. A fitting send off for Tim and a marvellous contribution to The Dogs Trust.

Well done and thank you to S.A.D.

Cheers
Charlie
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Bravo-2-6
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bravo-2-6 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 pm

As already mentioned by everyone else,

Thank you for an amazing day!
The atmosphere was epic, I managed to fell quite a few unsuspecting allies, especially in the AA MG42 pit on the German defences during the final battle!

Thank you to the organisers and everyone else for making it an experience!
Jack

Designated Support Gunner- Maybe one day i may actually hit someone!

Armoury
Germany: MG42, MP40, Mauser M712
Italy: Berretta M38A
U.S.A: M1918SLR B.A.R
U.K: Lee Enfield SMLE
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Mon May 08, 2017 3:58 pm

That was a great day, the effort put in the by the organisers was astonishing and the big turnout made it all worthwhile. I was particularly impressed by the 'Westwall', and it was great fun adding to the fortifications (I'm really, really glad we built that extra bunker at the far end).

Many thanks to the long suffering troops of zwei gruppe, 2nd GJ Div for putting up with my Sgt Wilson leadership style, and hats off to Lt Lutz for his energy and enthusiasm. Just a shame we didn't get to fire the Panzerschreck at something.

A very fitting send off for Tim, and I'm looking forward to the next one.
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Luiluei » Mon May 08, 2017 4:44 pm

I thought I try to describe the atmosphere a bit in a little report. Maybe some of you might have experienced something alike :D

"Report from the battle front TIM
Lt. Willibald Ultz, 2nd Mountain Division; German military hospital - Frankfurt Feb 1945

It was a clear morning and high command seized the opportunity to hit the Allies hard with a surprise attack on the US forces in the area just across our lines.
I was leading a section with a mix of “Alte Hasen” and new recruits. So far everyone had done their duty and I was in good spirit, they will perform brilliantly again.
The attack was well planned with us taking the centre and the 212th Grenadier Division on our right and the 416th Infantry Division on our left flank.
We had to advance through a valley with muddy terrain and storm a ridge where the US position had been identified. We were promised a preparing artillery barrage and a smoke screen to advance.

The artillery came into action as promised and smoke started engulfing the ridge. We had no time to watch this spectacle long. We needed to advance fast, so I ordered my men into action. The subsection leaders kept everyone pressing ahead.
A mortar team kept setting smoke to cover our advance, so we managed to cross the valley without casualties.
We started storming the ridge and could see sandbag positions ahead through smoke clouds.
Everyone was shouting our battle cry “Hurra TIM” - in memory of a Kamerad which was no longer able to make this charge with us.
It was hell. We were advancing well but then in grenade distance of the enemy position; hand grenades were hitting us like rainfall. My men dropped left and right of me. I heard screams of the wounded calling for “Sanis” to come for help. One of my men seeing a grenade coming close covered me with his body dying in the attempt.
I did not make it far myself another grenade took me out soon after. Before I passed out I saw our second wave advancing – “Hurra Tim”.

I heard that we did take the ridge at the end as the Grenadiers were able to flank the enemy positions. We found lots of the US soldiers still lying in their trenches and foxholes. They as well put on a heroic fight. "

Besides the thanks to everyone involved I would like to say special thanks to my GJ squad to play along so well. Tim would have been proud.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pinkpanzer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Pinkpanzer » Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Awesome day and big well done to the organisers for a professional set of props and tremendous pyro. Not to mention vehicles and some great game play on all sides with a really good standard of kit. That was fun, so roll on the next event. :good:
tatts
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby tatts » Mon May 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks from DogCo. For an awesome day, and yes special thanks to Jerryatrick for the smoke n bang ! Best bit of the game for me. Pinned down ,eating smoke then shot in the face ... Good times! :good:
Chell
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Chell » Mon May 08, 2017 9:39 pm

A massive thank you to all the organisers, truly great game.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 am

Well what a day. We first started planning the event when we heard about Tim`s passing. Details were sketched together in October and November and I did my annual Christmas day launch of a Game. Not a day has passed without some input from our group to organise the game right up to the last moment when people started arriving, but the hard work has paid off and the event went to plan.

As the event was a charity event we anticipated large numbers and boy we got them. I figure that at any one time there are only about 100 max people who actually turn up at events across the country rather than just post away on the forum. In the end we had 76 players with a few regular attendees who for personal reasons had to miss out.

As regards the event itself we wanted to do the `Big One` with props and pyro to give maximum effect and realism. Peter stepped up and used his magic and provided a great spectacle. I was blown away literally with the attack in the morning on the US base.

As we had attracted not only the hard core Old timers and the newer recruits we tried to encompass all aspects of being on the front line. Some intensive action for the more trigger happy people right down to the mundane tasks of fetching supplies and filling sandbags to improve the positions already there with a sprinkling of stealthy recon, unless you are US who just marched across the valley in front of the 1000m`s of wire we had put out. :giggle: . Lutz`s GJ squad took this literally and at every opportunity I saw them shoveling away to get the walls high as possible for the inevitable Allied onslaught. Well done the Gams!

Fantastic turn out Great kit and game play hope we done Tim proud.

PS Hoped you liked our little memento of the TIM Mug
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
jerry a trick.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jerry a trick. » Tue May 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Hang on a minute Gordon
I see you mention the barrage on the American Base in the morning but you didn't mention the barrage on the German Base in the afternoon is that because you don't want to let your comrades know that their commanding officers that organised their tactics & battle plan excellently couldn't turn a transmitter on to start their barrage. :giggle: :giggle:
Never mind none of us are perfect.
Peter
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Tue May 09, 2017 5:47 pm

:rofl:
jerry a trick. wrote:Hang on a minute Gordon
I see you mention the barrage on the American Base in the morning but you didn't mention the barrage on the German Base in the afternoon is that because you don't want to let your comrades know that their commanding officers that organised their tactics & battle plan excellently couldn't turn a transmitter on to start their barrage. :giggle: :giggle:
Never mind none of us are perfect.
Peter

:rofl:
Hands up
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage

Return to “The Battle for TIM - 6th May 2017”