Site photos

Announcements, Rules, and Booking for the Underground Bunker mission at UCAP
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm

John M wrote:Looks fanatastic! Totally different to anywhere else I've played generally, let alone in a WWII themed game. Thanks for posting the pic's guys. :D

Is it possible to check the vehicles out? I'm quite impressed they've got an M16 half-track..... Even if it looks in need of some restoration. :wink:

Cheers.

John. :)

We'll have to see... I do hope so... it'd be great for people to get some pics up there... there's a lot more than we show in those pics.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby JD7 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm

great pictures, really looking forward to Wotan
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm

As an aside, those players doing Brit for Wotan (or US & Axis guys thinking about putting together a Brit impression) must get themselves to Sabre (in Southsea, very close to the site) the day before Wotan. 37 pattern webbing as far as you can see (almost), some racked, some piled in mini-mountains. In the clothing section you need to scale hills of the stuff to get to the back.

Having finally prised Yith out of the shop we were astonished at how cheap it was. Little stock is priced but the cost seems to be calculated per armful - just wait til you see what Yith bought for
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 pm

[quote="Chomley-Warner"]

Having finally prised Yith out of the shop we were astonished at how cheap it was. Little stock is priced but the cost seems to be calculated per armful - just wait til you see what Yith bought for

Kermit
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Kermit » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:24 pm

Just rotting away. Crying shame really :(

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
webby

Postby webby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:54 pm

Can they not be salvaged? Just think of the awesome fun you could have with that half track :)
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:05 pm

There is tons of it there just waiting for buyers, that's all - it's not dumped or abandoned. Half a ton of it would have gone back with Yith had he not had passengers and game gear in the car!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:07 pm

I think they're now talking about the vehicles...

heh... wait till you see how many 25 pdrs are up there... lol!

webby

Postby webby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Rekon the M14 would fit on the back of a flatbed? I smell a re-furb project coming on! :)
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:14 pm

I was thinking hey would make great site additions if they could be towed on site *but* you just know some git would go and set fire to it....
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
webby

Postby webby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:17 pm

Was thinking more for cruising down the high street in myself, Congleton Borough Council might have something to say about all the roads that get cut up by the tracks tho! :lol:
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 pm

The vehicles aren't abandoned, just uncared for. In all that historical stuff about the site and surrounding fortifications I seem to remember something about a trust - perhaps there are (or were) plans to open it up to the public?
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:37 pm

Ah, here it is:

Fort Southwick Company Limited

The new owners are full of enthusiasm and there is no doubt that they have the Fort's, and the UGHQ's, best interests at heart. Obviously as a business they have to make a bit from their considerable investment, and this is to be achieved by letting existing post-war buildings to other companies, and by converting the Barrack Block to luxury apartments. They have many plans for the future including some much needed renovations and most importantly public guided tours by providing access - including disabled - to part of the UGHQ including the main Operations Chamber
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:01 pm

webby wrote:Was thinking more for cruising down the high street in myself, Congleton Borough Council might have something to say about all the roads that get cut up by the tracks tho! :lol:

Rubber band tracks on White half tracks , like CVRTs , they are road friendly . Downside is that they last for about 1000 miles and cost a mininum of
UCAP ANDY
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby UCAP ANDY » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 pm

The vehicles are owned by the owner of the Fort and represents the not so good stuff in the collection which i'm not going to tell you about publically, the good stuff isn't at the fort.

They will be restored eventually, whilst the paint is flaking, it'll be years before the important parts rust away, that that has already gone would have needed replacing anyways!

I am sure we can have a look topside, I am surprised you didnt take some shots of the sub, it was the last british sub to sink a sink during WWII. Really it should be the first sub to sink a ship after the war, the japs had surrendered 2 hours previously!

Andy

Return to “Projekt Wotan - 7th October 2007”