Thank you!

A 34th Inf game held at Fireball, Birmingham
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Thank you!

Postby Granger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:58 pm

What a fantastic day's Airsoft. Thank you very much Chris for putting on a Burma game. Thanks to japs for being good opponents and to fellow Brits for some great teamwork and banter.

Highlights today were blowing up the pigeons, getting a surprise banzai in the rear and the pistols missions (got a kill with the webley!)

The sickness tokens and the medic mission were really nice touches.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jay7
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Thank you!

Postby Jay7 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:05 am

Great day all round,the numbers worked really well in my opinion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 am

It was a really good day out and the weather gods smiled. I was really glad I only had a shirt and shorts on!

Many thanks to my good comrades in 3 Section, at least I only got us all killed a few times, and big hats off to the Japanese who managed to sneak right up to us on two occasions.

Love the Tank as well...
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957

Postby cjw957 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am

MartinR wrote:It was a really good day out and the weather gods smiled. I was really glad I only had a shirt and shorts on!

Many thanks to my good comrades in 3 Section, at least I only got us all killed a few times, and big hats off to the Japanese who managed to sneak right up to us on two occasions.

Love the Tank as well...

oh if Glynn had not shouted banzai there would have been more sword kills, we had been shadowing you not long from your base, slowly gaining on you when we thought was safe, but was funny as hell as we did charge you, got taken out by 1 shot to my head which still hurts like feck now but still worth it to see you lot turn around in a banzai panic lol

will write a proper post when up and more alert :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957

Postby cjw957 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Right rested now and eaten lol

Firstly BIG THANKS to all those that came, as you may have noticed I was a tad stressed that we may not have enough with so many players dropping out in the last 36 hours before the game :(

But with Charlie's customary late arrival lol the teams ended being balanced, thanks to Cameron swapping over, bless him 30 mins before the start he not know if British, USA or Japanese

Then thanks to whoever sacrificed a young virgin to get us not nice weather but great weather, the rain stopped for the briefing and never came back and out popped that big shiny yellow thing in the sky to make it a warm day.

Gameplay wise think we had no major incidents and no moans about hit taking etc and everyone kept on going all day, Myself was in some epic scraps all day, damm the person/s who when at the village kept getting shot by a pistol every time I got bandaged :(

The highlight for me was shadowing Martins squad for a while, with the four of us armed with just swords, apart from an eager Banzai yell it could have been a different story but was great fun, I also only managed to kill one of my team at the farmhouse with some grenade throws, but with killing a few of the enemy I am sure the Emperor would have chalked it down to acceptable losses, and to be fair he sounded a bit german so may have been a spy :whistle: :giggle:

Brits looked cool and those in your fancy hats very cool :) and the shorts as well they were ermm ... nice ? lol

Japanese Players gave there all day for the Emperor and think all 3 squads had a fun Banzai charge during the day, we also may have all had to much sugar beforehand with the supply boxes, those Japanese like there sweets very sweet :)

As always big thanks to those who helped take out/bring in the props these games can't run without you :) others don't be afraid to help ;)

Ahh the poor Japanese carrier pigeons, they all went boom, thanks for sharing the video with me Ralph I can't save it but it was funny

Well those that spoke to me Friday would have known the chances of a second Burma were Zero, but after all you guys and girl turned up with a great attitude and played so well, the show must go on and will try to sort out another date for one :)

and lastly BANZAI!

ps how many brit squads failed their medical checks and have to go to steal medical supplies?
Attachments
44039962_1689224957867611_6183255092230094848_o.jpg
44118607_1689224181201022_8335079590661718016_o.jpg
43951294_1689225847867522_1157347172052631552_o.jpg
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Luiluei » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:21 pm

I would like to add my thanks as well to everyone involved and especially for organising it all.
I had some nice initial kills with my K98... who said there was some German spy around ??? I would rather call it Axis lend lease program :-).

These games can never be predicted. We did quite some missions without seeing an enemy and then in one mission we find ourselves among all of them at the same time. Luckily all Japanese squads somehow arrived as well, so we got out of it without too many casualties.
Great fun.
PS: ...Will carry a memory of the game for a bit longer with my swollen lip when I risk a look while my position was under heavy fire. ... but no worries all good Martin :-)
PSS: bring on the next one...Banzai!
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 pm

ps how many brit squads failed their medical checks and have to go to steal medical supplies?

Every single squad failed at one point or another! We all had dystenary and had to sneak off to capture those very dubious looking pills.

Only Squad 3 managed to do the LRP missions though, which is a shame as they were fun (and loads and loads of points).
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957

Postby cjw957 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:39 pm

MartinR wrote:

Every single squad failed at one point or another! We all had dysentery and had to sneak off to capture those very dubious looking pills.

Only Squad 3 managed to do the LRP missions though, which is a shame as they were fun (and loads and loads of points).

yup once one person gets it, it spreads lol and the magical healing of sugared almonds works wonders for it :whistle:

shame they missed out on the LRP but always next time i may pack Imodium in them :giggle:
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:20 am

As ever, huge thanks to Chris for pulling off another fantastic Pacific game. Despite the low numbers, the game worked really, really well and allowed for plenty of sneaking around as well as intense firefights when we stumbled into an enemy section.

Big thanks to my colleagues in Section 1 of the Chindits; to Ralph for his stirling leadership and special mention to Charlie for single-handedly saving the section when a Banzai charge took the rest of us out. Thanks for saving us buddy!

Glad to hear that Burma games will continue in 2019; looking forward to the next one very much!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:52 am

Mattywheels wrote: special mention to Charlie for single-handedly saving the section when a Banzai charge took the rest of us out. Thanks for saving us buddy!

All in a day's work although I suspect I machine gunned anyone in the section who wasn't hacked. I have to confess there was a certain amount of indiscriminate firing in the cause of self preservation.

Thanks Chris for caving in to pressure and running a Burma game in the first place. I thoroughly enjoyed it, a good mix of battles and crawling through bushes. And excellent news at the prospects of another.

Thanks to the Japanese for being there and then not there and then there again in a suitably elusive and scary way.

Many thanks to Section 1, great fun and boy did we look good in our hats!

Cheers
Charlie
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
TheChef
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby TheChef » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 am

cjw957 wrote:I was a tad stressed that we may not have enough with so many players dropping out in the last 36 hours before the game

Sorry about that, but I'm glad you guys had a good day :good:
German
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russian
ImageImageImage
British
ImageImageImageImage
Japanese

Return to “The March into Burma - 13th October 2018”