Jump boots

Reference information and uniform and kit Q&A
peterporsche
Veteran
Veteran

Jump boots

Postby peterporsche » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Good evening all I have a quick question what colour should jump boots be I have sourced some but there very dark I have looked around online but all I can come up with is brown and the pictures aren't really that clear I think there light tan but wanted to check first.Also what's the best way to lighten them up.
Thanks in advance. :good:
Bazooka Joe
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Jump boots

Postby Bazooka Joe » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Personally speaking I use two or three layers of Kiwi dark tan to one of oxblood/cordovan. This gives a nice reddish brown finish which looks the part (at least in my opinion). Since you've reminded me, I could do with giving mine a polish......

Which make are yours?
peterporsche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby peterporsche » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello I was told mine are post war so I guess that would make them Dutch or something on them lines but I am not 100% sure :shock:
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:22 pm

They should be quite dark but you may find that with use they get lighter. Oxblood is a good colour to start with to be honest but you have to bare in mind...there were tens of thousands of pairs of jump boots made, so slightl colour discrepancy isn't a problem. Mid to dark brown is fine.

I use the sponge on liquid polish, works brilliantly as long as its just for a quick shine. Available most places these days in a dark brown.
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
peterporsche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby peterporsche » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I was a little worried as mine are a dark brown and I have seen people at 40s events and there boots look really red if that makes sence :shock:

Return to “US Uniforms and Kit”