Re-enacting and Real Life (tm)

Moderator: Lardassmonkey

Diggah
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re-enacting and Real Life (tm)

Postby Diggah » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Just a wee note after someone asked me if I was a communist. I would like to say that although I re-enact soviet WWII stuff I do not adhere to the communist ideal. In WWII the Soviets commited their fair share of war crimes but were never held to account as they were on the "winning" side.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I recognise these attrocities and do not in any way make any small matter of it. My re-enacting (and I hope all WWII re-enacting) is done for the purposes of education and (to a degree) sport while still remembering and acknowledging all that has happend in history and all the lessons we must learn from it.

Communism is a good idea. Sadly is doesnt work cos people are bastards.
No longer involved in airsoft.
Mr_Flibble
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mr_Flibble » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm

I've only taken an interest in Russian re-enactment/Airsoft because nobody else here in NL is doing it. And I agree with your sentiments on the USSR and its exploits in the past century.
I want to portray the (hard) life of the frontovik, and not the political thought pushing them.

So, no, I'm not a communist either.
Helga Geerhart
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Helga Geerhart » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:57 pm

you mean you both aren't :shock: :lol: I'm suprised you've had to post this on here, but obviously somethings triggered it diggah, I hope the same people realise that those that do German portrayals aren't Nazi's, or those that do italians aren't fascists.

Much the same that in the UK there was the tori's in power during the 80s and those that fought in the Falklands then (I know of at least one member that hopefully I won't offend) would dispute a definition if all serving UK soldiers were described as those evil tori's. Of course I don't think anyone says that and I don't think that myself, but its amazing how some peoples heads tick :?

Historical interest is just that an interest in the historical side, to put it into the political skit of it all for most would be wasted on them, even if they've researched the politcal side of the history.

Dink politically nowt, infact I described myself on another forum as being political as a bar of chocolate 8) and anyone who says theres politics in chocolate is wrong, as stated there ITS ALL MINE end of :twisted: :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
Old Un
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Old Un » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Airsoft = Game played for fun with toy guns , no politics required just a sense of good taste .
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:07 pm

Well erm I think the taste thing can be disputed :wink: :rofl: but that would be political and I'm not, so I shall put the kettle on and have a double decker (not the bus :roll: ) and read another post :lol:
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 pm

Helga Geerhart wrote:Well erm I think the taste thing can be disputed :wink: :rofl: but that would be political and I'm not, so I shall put the kettle on and have a double decker (not the bus :roll: ) and read another post :lol:

Keep on like that and you'll be buying erm larger uniforms for Xmas :rasp:
Diggah
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Diggah » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm

Oh I dont think it was anything aimed in anger or accusation to me so dont think it was like that. I suddenly realised tho that I hadn't clarified anything for the Ruskies and thought it was prudent to do so.

Airsoft = Game played for fun with toy guns , no politics required just a sense of good taste .

Well said that man! :)
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Old 'Un wrote:
Helga Geerhart wrote:Well erm I think the taste thing can be disputed :wink: :rofl: but that would be political and I'm not, so I shall put the kettle on and have a double decker (not the bus :roll: ) and read another post :lol:

Yeah, or I could just not pull all this swedish kit to pieces and wear that, hadn't realised how large this tunic was :oops: I could camp in it :lol:
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Helga Geerhart wrote:
Old 'Un wrote:

Yeah, or I could just not pull all this swedish kit to pieces and wear that, hadn't realised how large this tunic was :oops: I could camp in it :lol:

You'll end up like me where your zelt refuses to button up down themiddle anymore :oops:
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 pm

I'll buy a second zelt then :rofl: nah its not going to happen she says nicking one of the kids chocolate button cookies :oops: argh this forum is bad for my health
Steve.D
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Steve.D » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:32 pm

Airsoft got political when we got lumbered with the VCR bill :roll:

Steve.D
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Steve.D wrote:Airsoft got political when we got lumbered with the VCR bill :roll:

Steve.D

Disagree, the misinformation and general hysteria by airsofters has pumped this bill up much more than it's worth .

Come 1st October I could still

Play airsoft at a proper site
Buy and own Airsoft guns
Import airsoft Guns , accessories
Hire airsoft guns

And on 30th September I could have been arrested for

Carrying an airsoft gun in public without good cause
Trying to hold a bank up with one
Hurting someone with one .

So really what has changed in all honesty ? OK under 18's are a bit harder off, and you may or may not require a UKARA card to buy some new guns , but reading all the crap and bollox written on forum by pretend lawyers you'd have thought the end was nigh . "the sky is falling down Chicken Licken"

I'm obliged to have insurance, a liscence, a tax disc and an MOT to drive my car, but it's not fundamentally restricting me or making driving a political act . The VCR bill is only a gigantic problem in peoples minds , yes you need ot comply with it , no it's not the end of airsofting .
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:57 pm

To hijack Diggah's thread even further, you could say some of the things you could legally do on the 30th September you would be a criminal for on the 1st October. Now that's political!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steve.D
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Steve.D » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Where I come from in Liverpool the only victims of the VCR bill are airsofters, I agree its good to be legal & registered, but all the criminals use real weapons, illegal ones that you can't legaly buy, the VCR bill is a vote winner, come the election the Gov can say "look what we have done to reduce gun crime" just like the rolercoaster effect banning handguns had, it made the problem worse,

RIP Rhys Jones,

Steve.D
Last edited by Steve.D on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggah
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Diggah » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Hijack away. I've said what I wanted to say :)

Maybe "someone" should start a banner campaign around election time stating the true facts behind this should the govm'nt wheel out that old chesnut. I suspect the reason they do it is the fact that the general public dont know any better about such things and are happy to believe what the general media tells them.

Return to “General Soviet discussion”