Footwear with puttees

Reference information and uniform and kit Q&A

Moderator: Lardassmonkey

Komrade
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: Footwear with puttees

Postby Komrade » Sat May 07, 2011 7:13 pm

I've settled on the East German Jackboots, which I have bought second hand.

Kinda makes me a 'pokemon' then :giggle:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Will make you a free signature banner. Pm me!
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Sun May 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Komrade wrote:I've settled on the East German Jackboots, which I have bought second hand.

Kinda makes me a 'pokemon' then :giggle:

Tak Tochno! Comrade Komrade, but as it is for Progressive Air soft you could plea bargain for your Crimes against Red Army Dress Regulations, not that KOMSTITCH will fail to expend the State Issue of lead to solve the problem.

Use Other ranks NVA Field Boots not the smooth officer ones, they will look more Soviet than the Officer style ridding boots.
Komrade
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Komrade » Sun May 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Don't worry Comrade Kommissar, the way I got these boots was from killing and looting a German!

Onwards to Berlin! :giggle:
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Heh, actually he got them from another soviet... ;)
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Komrade
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Komrade » Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 pm

sssshhhh :wink:
slick63
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby slick63 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Komrade wrote:I have puttees in my Russian loadout, and i'm wondering where to get some good footwear to go with them. Currently i'm only using workers boots, which obviously aren't correct! I was thinkning of getting some 'botinki', like these: Image.

At the risk of getting a bullet from the commissar, those look just like my old well worn ox blood doc martens. :lol:
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:32 am

slick63 wrote:
Komrade wrote:I have puttees in my Russian loadout, and i'm wondering where to get some good footwear to go with them. Currently i'm only using workers boots, which obviously aren't correct! I was thinkning of getting some 'botinki', like these: Image.

At the risk of getting a bullet from the commissar, those look just like my old well worn ox blood doc martens. :lol:

If you want to be Покемон (pokemon) go on Comrade, as long if you do Gitlerite you wear Wellington Boots and if you do British Desert Other-ranks, wear Desert Boots. Enjoy.
BedsnHerts
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby BedsnHerts » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:48 pm

:roll:

Let's get a few things straight -

1. This is a personal hobby. The level of authenticity that someone chooses to strive for is SUBJECTIVE. You attain no moral high ground by scoffing at others who don't share your values on this.

2. There is no absolute Right and Wrong. There is only the question of "how wrong?" and "how much does it matter?" - This is only for the player and maybe the game organiser to make a call on.

3. A person who spends a tenner on a second hand pair of brown Doc Martens and attends an event is getting into WW2 Airsoft a lot more than a person who spends a ton on top notch repro gear that sits in the attic (at least IMHO - see 1.)

4. Come one, come all, but this forum is primarily about WW2 AIRSOFT. If it was about collecting 100% authentic WW2 kit then I expect the forum would be called www.collectingonehundredpercentauthenticww2kit.org.uk

5. This site has a history of not tolerating the sort of snarky bitchfests that define some other WW2 forums I can think of. If you want to feel good about yourself by showing the world what high value you place on authenticity then please bugger off and do it somewhere else. Constructive advice = good. Snarky bitchfest = bad. Not too hard to get your head around is it?
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:13 am

BedsnHerts wrote::roll:

Let's get a few things straight -

1. This is a personal hobby. The level of authenticity that someone chooses to strive for is SUBJECTIVE. You attain no moral high ground by scoffing at others who don't share your values on this.

2. There is no absolute Right and Wrong. There is only the question of "how wrong?" and "how much does it matter?" - This is only for the player and maybe the game organiser to make a call on.

3. A person who spends a tenner on a second hand pair of brown Doc Martens and attends an event is getting into WW2 Airsoft a lot more than a person who spends a ton on top notch repro gear that sits in the attic (at least IMHO - see 1.)

4. Come one, come all, but this forum is primarily about WW2 AIRSOFT. If it was about collecting 100% authentic WW2 kit then I expect the forum would be called http://www.collectingonehundredpercenta ... kit.org.uk

5. This site has a history of not tolerating the sort of snarky bitchfests that define some other WW2 forums I can think of. If you want to feel good about yourself by showing the world what high value you place on authenticity then please bugger off and do it somewhere else. Constructive advice = good. Snarky bitchfest = bad. Not too hard to get your head around is it?

Comrade,
If you ask a question you will get an answer, if you wish to be Pokimon then enjoy, it is no skin off my nose, but if you ask, you may get answer from one who tries to do what he does correctly as he can and if you ask he will give advise on what you will look like if you use incorrect scales of Issue.
We all do stuff to a level, Da! I do as well, I never overreach my Knowledge or scale of Issue but I only come out to play if I look right... Turning up in any odd thing that looks a bit like something that looks like a picture in a book doesn't do Air Soft justice, much good work is done by those whole follow the interest this forum is heavy with it.

If doing Red Army Air Soft means to make it look silly please don't do it.... no bitchiness Comrade, I would disrespect any of my Interests or our joint one of those we wish to look like.

If (Comrade Stalin forbid) I did Gitlerite , wearing the Runes even, I would only do it correctly using Re-repro gear I had researched and matched to Historical Artefacts with an eye to look right, then I would learn Gitlerite Battle Drills and how they would build their Personnel Field Positions so in the field no one could pick me up, but if they can I will Improve and try again.... To go a new Direction of Interest I find it takes a Year before you make a fist of it... no rushing we need not to act like Children playing war in the woods with sticks for Guns,( did that when I was Seven).

If people send time and get their look right, to period Norms, your the whole game plan improves as that discipline used is reflected in everything you do.

I start by getting the Boots Right, as they are the most difficult/ easiest thing to skimp on, if you use the effort you use on footwear on the rest of your look you will get it in a nutshell.

Take the next step up Comrade, if this means more than just ping little plastic balls at each other, you too can enjoy Middle Distance as we do...

:happyswing:

... and by doing so Air Soft will grow and become more, be better, be more respected, more will join and enjoy it... your choice Comrade.

I've made mine and it works.... to the Norm.

Interesting views you have.... I respect them. :D
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:14 pm

OK, I'll just step in here to ask for no further off-topic posts on this thread, pinging back and forth does no good to the hobby at all.

Not referencing above posters in particular, but making a general forum-wide point:

This forum is used by people who have all shades of personal views on kit authenticity levels - it matters not one whit to some, it is the be-all and end-all to others. Some have priorities in gameplay, some are more interested in vehicles or guns rather than work clothes. It is important that forum users respect other's take on the matter and resist posting where the only (or most likely) outcome is to piss someone off. "I'm just an airsofter" and intimating this means rubbish kit or equating "re-enactor" with "stich-nazi" are both inaccurate and pointless. You are what you are - never mind about anyone else or creating artificial boundaries. Degrees of kit authenticity/accuracy is up to the individual in the first instance and only over-ridden by the organiser of the game he attends.

Clearly if someone is asking for advice then knowledge should be shared, that's a given, but taking fellow forum users to task (either way) isn't going to do a great deal apart from pissing people off. Respect differing views, respect fellow forum members, respect fellow players. If you have an issue then address it to a moderator who will, if necessary, will escalate it to the team for joint discussion, slagging on a thread just won't do, not on this forum.

Forums can be tricky places. Not without reason many people avoid them like the plague - keyboard warriors can be offensive and destructive, even if they don't know it (but I suspect they do). "Banter" can be fine between people who know each other personally, and there is a good deal of familiarity in the WW2 airsoft community. But often the harshest/crossest words are between people who don't know each other - meet face to face at a game social and all is magically sweetness and light.

So come on guys, lets keep this forum a polite and respectful place where people can interact without fear of being put down or attacked. Mature debate is cool where there are issues to discuss but lets keep battles and skirmishes where they belong - on the battlefield. :kiss:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:05 pm

ive worn cut down russian officers cavalry boots for 4 years now, both as german and russian, tell you what, NO-ONE has noticed, or if they have they havent mentioned it . if i went to an event that said, go home those boots are wrong, i wouldnt go again, and most airsofters would be of the same opinion. if its good enough for the game orginizers then their isnt a problem. in my opionion, if you look like a russian / german / yank / whatever at a distance of 10 feet, thats good enough. to get close enough to see if kit is authentic, you would be too close for airsoft , and probably doing another hobby alltogether, (probably, Bumming other like minded stich nazis in the woods in Real ww2 gear soft) then at such close proximity, flaws would be obvious :mrgreen:

<---------------------- Look at whos wearing a brown belt from NEXT , and a green T shirt under his great coat. would i pass as a russain at an airsoft game? you decide :rofl:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Porta! I've just put a stop to this! :evil:

Whether it is people getting angry at those who want to be perfect or people getting angry at those who don't want to be perfect - either way it is NEGATIVE and serves no useful purpose other than SOMEONE is going to get pissed of for no reason.

Personal choice is cool, no rights or wrongs, so nothing to get worked up about.

Now, let's leave it there please.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
slick63
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby slick63 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 am

Blimey, didn`t mean to start a playground fight :lol: My post about the boots was merely an observation hence the laughing smiley at the end. :giggle:

Return to “Soviet Uniforms and Kit”