Soviet Kit Guide

Reference information and uniform and kit Q&A

Moderator: Lardassmonkey

marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Soviet Kit Guide

Postby marsha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 am

well im gonna start ordering my stuff next week so i may be asking alot of questions just to make sure the
stuff im buying is right
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 am

Thats fine, ask away. Where are you planning to order from?

Bloody hell I turn my back for 8 months and this section explodes into life

I wouldn't go that far but things are starting to pick up nicely. By the time we have another eastern from game we should hopefully be able to field a decent sized force. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:08 pm

im looking to get the complete set from collect russia
ImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 pm

I don't know what they're like but the kit looks decent enough.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 pm

It's a shame you can't find out who the Russian manufacturer is - would be cheaper than having to buy Russian kit shipped to the US and then back to the UK.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 am

im gonna look around other web sites to see if i can get them alittle cheaper may get some of the stuff from that uk web site
( dam credit crunch)
ImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 am

Like you say andy it's a shame we can't contact the manufacturer directly! I dare say it is probably all from the same manufacturer where ever you buy so its definitely worth shopping around. I would say its worth emailing Alex at Front of Russia and seeing what he can offer you.
I don't know of anywhere in the UK that stocks repro gear but you may be able to find some other bits.
Dutch508

Postby Dutch508 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:06 am

I am a long time Red Army reenactor who's been doing airsoft for about eight years now. I recommend two sites, RKKA yahoo.groups, and the Red Army Online site.

From what I've read things are going along nicely. You've gotten the basics down nicely. The one thing to remember about the Red Army, for every hard and fast rule, there is always photographic evidence against it.

I am suprised that no one has talked about recon troops. This would be exactly the type of impression that would work in well with airsofting.

The only addition to the basic uniform would be a two pieced cammo suit. The style and pattern changed during the war.

Recon troops were drawn from normal infantry to provide intellegence for the units. Platoon and squads would be tasked to sneak through the lines and gather intel on the hun.

A great movie on the subject is 'Zvezda', made by the Russians. It was avalable on Amazon at one time.
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Actually we've discussed modelling ourselves on Razvedchik should we manage to get a red army group off the ground. As you say it makes sense in airsoft terms as it suits the small unit sizes and the type of tactics we use. It also allows for the current lack of Soviet weaponary as scouts often used captured equipment and people need less kit to start with as they often travelled light. Even the famous scout suit isn't an imediate requirement as they were only issued as needed so we can just have a few equipped with them as lead scouts.
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:Actually we've discussed modelling ourselves on Razvedchik should we manage to get a red army group off the ground. As you say it makes sense in airsoft terms as it suits the small unit sizes and the type of tactics we use. It also allows for the current lack of Soviet weaponary as scouts often used captured equipment and people need less kit to start with as they often travelled light. Even the famous scout suit isn't an imediate requirement as they were only issued as needed so we can just have a few equipped with them as lead scouts.

Good idea Comrade, but as Razvedchik, you avoid combat, if you get into a Fire Fight you have failed in your Combat Mission, :wink:

Meeting Engagements are classic Air Soft Battle Doctrine... :good:
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:32 pm

We'll just have to make sure we train well in silent killing then. :twisted:

Meeting Engagements are classic Air Soft Battle Doctrine...

Not in the world of ww2 airsoft it isn't. :wink:
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:We'll just have to make sure we train well in silent killing then. :twisted:

Meeting Engagements are classic Air Soft Battle Doctrine...

Not in the world of ww2 airsoft it isn't. :wink:

Comrade,

If you fight like a Heroic defender of the Soviet People's it is .... :wink:

:D
Sasha
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sasha » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote: Even the famous scout suit isn't an imediate requirement as they were only issued as needed so we can just have a few equipped with them as lead scouts.

This is a popular misconception about the Red Army. In a unit either everyone wears camo or no-one does. Or the telogreika, or the shinel, or have your sleeves rolled up....

As a veteran once told us, on a slightly different subject, "[our officer said] we are an army not a circus."
Special Department.
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Special Department. » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:40 am

Sasha wrote:
Lardassmonkey wrote: Even the famous scout suit isn't an imediate requirement as they were only issued as needed so we can just have a few equipped with them as lead scouts.

This is a popular misconception about the Red Army. In a unit either everyone wears camo or no-one does. Or the telogreika, or the shinel, or have your sleeves rolled up....

As a veteran once told us, on a slightly different subject, "[our officer said] we are an army not a circus."

Da!, if your Kommendeer doesn't permit it, it doesn't happen and he answers to Norms laid down by a Higher Authority who keep a tight rein on everything.
Flippy
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Flippy » Sun May 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Hy!!!
I saw theese camo smocks here:
http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Soviet-W ... thing.html
I searched after, but I never found 'reference' period photos about them(naturally except amoeba pattern)...
This leaf pattern is 'too good pattern'... I mean effective like the 'real tree' pattern. Is(was) it real; or-like the palmen tarn german camo-only experimental :?:
I'm 'Nam' airsofter and want to start WW2 impression. I have some soviet period items: canteen, belt, helmet, etc. so I'm really interested.
"Airsoft... you know... like paintball, but for real men"
Flippy alias Murdoc

Return to “Soviet Uniforms and Kit”