The movie "Operation Swallow: The Battle for Heavy Water"

A Poor Bloody Infantry group organised event
Snake-DK
First Posting
First Posting

The movie "Operation Swallow: The Battle for Heavy Water"

Postby Snake-DK » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 am

Besides the well-known "The heroes of Telemark" there exists an older French/Norwegian film from 1948 named "Operation Swallow: The Battle for Heavy Water"/"Kampen om tungtvannet"/"La Bataille de l'eau lourde" which is said to be a more accurate and less fictionalized account of the events.

Do any of you have this movie or know of a place it can be bought? I found http://www.robertsvideos.com/product.ph ... p3?alpha=K , but I don't know if I want to share my credit card number with this site. :-)
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: The movie "Operation Swallow: The Battle for Heavy Water"

Postby Joker » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Having just practised the google-fu, there are no obvious sources to buy the DVD, but there seems to be a number of sites that it can be downloaded from, although I don't have a current sign-up to test them :(

Obviously care needs to be taken that it's a pukka site that you download from, but that may be the simplest answer .... ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available
Kitsune Misao

Postby Kitsune Misao » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:36 pm

I was going to look for torrents with this name however I'm reluctant to put 'Operation Swallow' into any torrenting site :P The terms Battle for Heavy Water yielded no results :(
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Editted for thoughtlessness :slap:
Last edited by Joker on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
Kitsune Misao

Postby Kitsune Misao » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:22 pm

Joker wrote:
Kitsune Misao wrote:I was going to look for torrents with this name however I'm reluctant to put 'Operation Swallow' into any torrenting site :P
:giggle:

Try ' Kampen om tungtvannet' ......................... I'm sure that's what I found it under :good:

Well, just checked out imdb. popularity went up 47% this week.

MOD EDIT - DO NOT DISCUSS OR ENCOURAGE THE THEFT OF COPYRIGHT MATERIAL PLEASE.

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6492
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:19 pm

As it's so old, it didn't occur to me that it would still be copyrighted :roll: - in the circumstances could a Mod tidy up the thread and remove the inappropriate replies please ?
Kitsune Misao

Postby Kitsune Misao » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Forgot about the copyright thing. 1948? :?

Tried LoveFiLM, no joy there :(
slick63
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby slick63 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:51 pm

'Kampen om tungtvannet' starred some of the members of the team which did the real life raid, the Ray Mears programme on the operation shows some footage of the film. I`m presuming its locked up in a Norwegian film archive somewhere.
Are there any Norwegian members on the forum ?, they might be able to source a local copy if one exists. 8)

Return to “Operation Freshman - 28th February 2010”