Brilliant game :)

PBI Event - to be held at First & Only
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Brilliant game :)

Postby che » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:10 pm

webby wrote:any other of the Brit's ears still ringing from being sniped in the helmet by lardass on Sunday? Mine are killing me... leftover from the massive migraine I had on Sunday night, must have been all the squinting I was doing because of the sun.

just one of the reasons i put him foward for the iron cross nice shooting rich welcome as my wing man anytime :thumbs:
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 pm

AndyT wrote:Oh on my wish list- a Bren with fps of a bolt action-now would that not be cool (restrictions on use as with bolt action jobs) (imagine if we'd had a couple of them in the bunker.....)

If I remember correctly, that would then be a section five weapon and would be completely illegal. I may be wrong though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:23 pm

HeadShot wrote:
AndyT wrote:Oh on my wish list- a Bren with fps of a bolt action-now would that not be cool (restrictions on use as with bolt action jobs) (imagine if we'd had a couple of them in the bunker.....)

If I remember correctly, that would then be a section five weapon and would be completely illegal. I may be wrong though.

spoil sport
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 pm

HeadShot wrote:

a 500 fps fully auto gun? it'd be hot by site standards, but not illegal, would it?
dayglowfroggy
First Posting
First Posting

Postby dayglowfroggy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:48 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:
HeadShot wrote:

a 500 fps fully auto gun? it'd be hot by site standards, but not illegal, would it?

Yes it would .... bummer

I would be up for it if everyone had to wear full face, higher fps makes a big difference the engagement ranges would be more realistic .

Paint ball has those sort of fps but not full auto and not lots of other things like accuracy ,realism or engagement range.

Roll on next PBI battle or training day.
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Lardassmonkey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:52 am

I think support weapons running at 500fps would be too high as it would take away the advantage of having a bolt action. Having MGs running at about 400fps would be ideal IMO; out ranging the full autos but not the single shots. However I think the legal limit for full autos may be about 380fps? :?

You have a cover on yours too dude, ours were exposed metal with a net over it hehe. same with the US 1, you know when you've been dinked!

I didn't think of that, I guess you're probably right.

just one of the reasons i put him foward for the iron cross nice shooting rich welcome as my wing man anytime

It would be an honour, just don't expect me to follow you on your suicide charges every time. :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 am

Legal questions are a bit spurious - the advantage of a m/g is the quantity of fire not the quality.
Denying ground either by providing covering fire for an advancing/retreating manoeuvre or providing fixed defence. By taking advantage of the increased ammo limit fps and rof are neither here nor there - lots of ammo is their unique gaming advantage. The 500fps sniper on the other hand has the advantage of reach and can therefore knock out a m/g from beyond the falling bb's.

Witness Pete_59's stirling work with the 50cal at Eagle - nowt special about the weapon (in terms of fps or accuracy) but it didn't half keep the enemy at bay!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
webby

Postby webby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:37 am

Chomley-Warner wrote:Witness Pete_59's stirling work with the 50cal at Eagle - nowt special about the weapon (in terms of fps or accuracy) but it didn't half keep the enemy at bay!

Any my .30cal too (P90 in drag), kept the enemy back by looks alone, not a round fired :)
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:57 am

Yes indeed - the enemy were so intimidated they gave you a very wide berth. Job done!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
webby

Postby webby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:00 am

ummm, might have been because they don't like me heheh
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 am

Chomley-Warner wrote:Legal questions are a bit spurious - the advantage of a m/g is the quantity of fire not the quality.
Denying ground either by providing covering fire for an advancing/retreating manoeuvre or providing fixed defence. By taking advantage of the increased ammo limit fps and rof are neither here nor there - lots of ammo is their unique gaming advantage. The 500fps sniper on the other hand has the advantage of reach and can therefore knock out a m/g from beyond the falling bb's.

Quite agree its very 'paper/scisors/stones' at the mo.

Smgs have high ROF short range low ammo

Rifles have long range low ROF low ammo

Support guns Have slightly more accuracy range because of the longer barrels, high ROF and massive ammo *but* are unwieldy.

Each choice excels at one thing and when used in combination really become invincible as it should be. On their own they are vulnerable to their weakness being exploited.

A lone sniper can be suppressed, a lone SMGer can be outranged and a lone gunner can be out outmaneuvered.

I think it works well like that.
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
webby

Postby webby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:30 am

think you've hit the nail on the head there gadge. the best thing to do when up against a sniper is to run at them, unless they're lardass they aint gonna do too well at hitting you hehe.
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 am

I agree with your thoughts on the whole but I can't help thinking a very slight increase in MG range would be an improvement and make them more suited to their role in suppressing the enemy. I don't know why I think that though, I play german and we have no MGs most of the time! :slap:

unless they're lardass they aint gonna do too well at hitting you hehe.

If people keep saying things like that I'm going to end up with one hell of an ego. :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
webby

Postby webby » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:31 pm

You did hit Gadge in the head as he was running though dude hehe
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Not blowing my own trumpet :whistle: or anything but I believe I actually got him mid dive whilst in flight. If he hadn't dived I'd have probably missed. :rofl:

Return to “Operation Varsity - 30th March 2008”