New Recruit, Looking for Assistance

Discussion area for Heer

Moderator: Steiner

Conrad Uno
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Recruit, Looking for Assistance

Postby Conrad Uno » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 pm

killacommy wrote:I don't think that is the genuine Spearhead website. On their eBay site they say that the only web address they are associated with is their eBay store, I'd investigate further if I was to order from there.

I don't know. I enquired about doing a bulk buy from his ebay shop a while ago, and the spreadsheet pricelist I got from him included this address. I've never bought from it tho' :?
ImageImageImage
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Sent a message to their eBay to ask.

Safest bet :-)
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 am

In a further update to my kit guide, I would heartily recommend Gavin Militaria for uniforms. I've tried a lot of different suppliers over the years, but I've found them to be the best. They're based in Hong Kong I believe, and they also supply a number UK outlets, who obviously add their cut to the price. A tunic from Gavin costs US$80. Postage is reasonable, although you might have to pay a little import tax, it's still worth it. Just make sure you measure yourself properly, and note that tunics had short "skirts" and sleeves; the sleeve is probably 2 or 3 inches shorter than you would wear a modern jacket.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 am

Well I'm not looking to buy the uniform until july-ish. Planning to lose a bit of weight I've put on of late. I see no point buying a Uniform to then have to replace it :lol:

First thing I will be getting is the PPS k98 rifle. Friend of mines did a review on it and loved it. Also a reason why I got into WW2 again :happyclap:
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 am

killacommy wrote:I don't think that is the genuine Spearhead website. On their eBay site they say that the only web address they are associated with is their eBay store, I'd investigate further if I was to order from there.

"Dear coldkiller89,

Hello,

The website you mentioned is our online catalogue.

Best regards
Barry"

So http://www.godarsinc.com/ is actually related to http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Spearhead-Militaria

Based on that, I really like this Tunic:

http://www.godarsinc.com/ww2-german-m36 ... p-704.html

So in terms of reproduction uniforms, is there a league table of quality vs price? I would like something that's good quality, but not something that I will cry for days if I rip :whistle:
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 am

That is a pretty specific jacket, Infantry Regiment Grossdeutschland (1940-42 version) before they became a panzergrenadier division.

For the other 500 infantry regiments in the German Army, you need to lose the GD shoulderboards and cuffband.

I'm not very clued up about differences in price and quality for German uniforms, other people can comment better. I wouldn't worry too much about ripping stuff though, just sew it up again for that frontline look. One thing you have to watch out on repro jackets is all the buttons falling off, I re-sew all mine.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BootedFeet
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby BootedFeet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 am

scubasteve89 wrote:First thing I will be getting is the PPS k98 rifle. Friend of mines did a review on it and loved it. Also a reason why I got into WW2 again :happyclap:

If you're interested in the pps k98 a few of us are planning on making a group order on them with hopes of getting a discount, there's a thread for it on the ww2 airsoft weapons section though not a lot of discussion is currently going on there. I'll be sending an email to Landwarrior today to see if they'd be willing to help us out.
I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ImageImageImage
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am

MartinR wrote:For the other 500 infantry regiments in the German Army, you need to lose the GD shoulderboards and cuffband.

That's exactly why I asked here. That sort of information is very helpful!

I got a bit carried away with the "shiny shiny" aspect before thinking.

Now leaning more to the gavinmilitaria.com, as at least someone here has said they're good.
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 am

BootedFeet wrote:
scubasteve89 wrote:First thing I will be getting is the PPS k98 rifle. Friend of mines did a review on it and loved it. Also a reason why I got into WW2 again :happyclap:

If you're interested in the pps k98 a few of us are planning on making a group order on them with hopes of getting a discount, there's a thread for it on the ww2 airsoft weapons section though not a lot of discussion is currently going on there. I'll be sending an email to Landwarrior today to see if they'd be willing to help us out.

Sounds good! I would be very interested in this.

Alternatively, I am lucky enough to have a Trade Account with eHobby asia, whom I have spent in the region of $4000 with over the last few years.

Buy 1 for USD$227.00 each

Currently out of stock. Would prefer LWA though if possible. With spare mags :D
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 am

These boots came recommended by a friend. I really like them and think they'll suit my M36 Tunic look well.
BootedFeet
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby BootedFeet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 am

Apparently the guy who runs Sovietarmystuff (Vladimir) has gotten his act together lately, previously there were all kinds of stories on Red Alliance about the wrong items getting sent, wrong camouflage patterns, that kind of thing, but something as simple as boots shouldn't be difficult to get right. Though I notice they cost $50 from Sovietarmystuff, add shipping from Crimea Ukraine Russia, you might be able to find some East German or Soviet jackboots for cheaper on EBay.
I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ImageImageImage
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:44 am

Hopefully this works...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srrn8gpjt6pd5kq/to%20buy.pdf

Put together a VERY rough to buy list. May well change boots as recommended and get the Greatcoat at a later day.
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 pm

For insignia, I tend to get quite a lot from Nicholas Morigi http://www.nicholasmorigi.com - good selection & good prices too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImage
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 am

Mattywheels wrote:For insignia, I tend to get quite a lot from Nicholas Morigi http://www.nicholasmorigi.com - good selection & good prices too!

Ahh very nice!

First Purchase!!!

PPS K98 and 2 spare mags (didn't have more or I would have bought)
scubasteve89
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby scubasteve89 » Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

Kit Update

Well thanks to my new friend Kav, I now have the majority of my "gear and webbing":

Trenching Tool and Pouch
Belt with Heer Buckle and Y-Straps
Cooking tins
Gas Mask Canister
Zeltbahn and Straps
Real Issue Water Bottle (39 dated under cover).
K98 Pouches
K98 Sling

Not a bad start :)

Still to buy:

Uniform, Helmet, A-Frame (Maybe), Jack Booties.

Return to “Heer”