Soldiers in combat

Discussion area for Heer

Moderator: Steiner

Oberst Steiner
First Posting
First Posting

Soldiers in combat

Postby Oberst Steiner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:17 am

We are having first ww2 event in Croatia and we need many soldiers fast. So my question is regarding minimal equipment needed for combat troops (infanterie and SS grenadiers) in Normandy 1944. Stahlhelm, tunic (M42?), trousers (M43 keilhosen?), boots (if low with gamaschen), belt with patronentasche. Is that ok without being fake? Keyword is minimal required. We'll complete our gear for next year's Event.
My armory: MG42, MP40, StG44, G43, M38A, P08, P38, Mauser C96, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Colt 1911, Webley Mark VI, Sten Mark II.
Luiluei
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Soldiers in combat

Postby Luiluei » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:03 pm

I would add bread bag and water bottle, if you plan to be in the field for longer. A) practical and b) soldiers would have carried it as well as food and drink is essential.
Bread bags are not that expensive. Water bottle might be more of an issue.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:52 am

A basic uniform of jacket, trousers, belt and ammo pouches is fine. If cost is an issue I wouldn't even bother with helmets, use a cap (but no bare heads!) or maybe the cheap plastic lookalike Stahlhelms you can get off ebay.

As Lutz says, some sort of bag to hold your bits and pieces is a very good idea - breadbag or similar. People can always put a bottle of water in it (very hard to get one in your pocket!).

If cost is an issue it is probably cheaper to buy camo smocks for the SS types than bother with wool jackets and just wear a grey shirt underneath it.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, PPsH and various pistols and cold war stuff

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Oberst Steiner
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Oberst Steiner » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:49 am

Since event is in February lot's of people will only get minimum required equipment for this event (we all have several modern loadouts) as time and money are an issue (most have to buy a weapon as well). For 2016 there is enough time to buy remaining stuff. Since we are doing Mission Chicago from D Day only 12. and 17. SS Divisionen, 91. Luftlande-Infanterie-Division and 2. Fallschirmjaeger Division (Fallschirm-Regiment 6) are acceptable. I have full GrossDeutschland loadout that I cannot use (at least my tunic). My team will probably do 17. SS with camo tunic (no bling).
My armory: MG42, MP40, StG44, G43, M38A, P08, P38, Mauser C96, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Colt 1911, Webley Mark VI, Sten Mark II.

Return to “Heer”