So you think your hard do ya,

Discussion area for Heer

Moderator: Steiner

Colonel Tigh117
Veteran
Veteran

So you think your hard do ya,

Postby Colonel Tigh117 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:30 am

So I have a new dilemma, after losing my button on my p38 holster at kasserine ive decided to purchase a new one, however im now unsure whether I should go for a hard shell one this time, I carried a po8 in the soft shell holster I had previously as it fitted just fine. Now I like the soft shell holster, but I like the look of the hard shell holster........but which is better?

So what is peoples preference!?

Thanks

John
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: So you think your hard do ya,

Postby MartinR » Fri May 29, 2015 7:57 am

I very rarely carry a pistol these days unless I'm in a command role, however I prefer the soft shell when I do. The hard ones are just so huge!

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Fri May 29, 2015 9:13 am

What MartinR said.

I've got both, and the hardshell is almost a suitcase for the pistol. The softcase is much easier to wear and less intrusive on your hip.

Also, like Martin said, I only use it when I'm working an event and in a command role.
TheChef
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby TheChef » Fri May 29, 2015 9:43 am

I use a soft shell, although It doesn't have a P38 in it :oops: , there were other roles other than officers that wore pistols, e.g. medics, MG gunners etc, I also wear it when I've got my rifle set to a high fps for close quarter stuff inside the minimum engagement range.
German
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russian
ImageImageImage
British
ImageImageImageImage
Japanese
Colonel Tigh117
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Colonel Tigh117 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:01 pm

I care a sidearm less frequently than I used to but I always like the option, and of course it suits some battlefield roles (as stated above by the reply's), I do prefer the soft shell design but have noticed that some people do wear the hard shell versions, plus as I carry a po8 I thought it might be a better fit. Not that ive too much trouble squeezing in the po8 into the p38 holster,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Fri May 29, 2015 9:39 pm

I like the hard shell and use it when carrying the 42.
The pistol has rarely been drawn, but it is protected very well for when I fall to the floor in a hideous death roll. (Which happens far too often for my liking)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cdfw
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cdfw » Fri May 29, 2015 11:11 pm

I always carry a P08 in a hard shell holster. I honestly don't think I have ever used it.. But thinking about it, when wearing it, I completely forget that I am actually wearing it.. Like a lot of German webbing/field gear, it seems very cumbersome when you first try it on, but after five minutes in a game you forget you are wearing it. Bread bag, water bottle and mess tin as an example...

At the end of the day, real troops wore a hell of a lot more ..
Try it in a game and see..
'Non adepto demens. Adepto etiam'
War does not show who is right, only who is left..
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage Image

Return to “Heer”