late war trousers....

Discussion area for Heer

Moderator: Steiner

machinegunjoe
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

late war trousers....

Postby machinegunjoe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 am

Sorry if its been asked but.... So how high are the late war trousers supposed to be at the bottom?
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: late war trousers....

Postby MartinR » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:30 am

As long as they aren't so short you end up with the ends outside your gaiters, I don't think it matters. If they are too long, they will be pleasingly baggy.

Mine come just above where my ankle reaches my foot. My FJ jump trousers are shorter, but they are designed to be.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
machinegunjoe
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby machinegunjoe » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks for the reply Martin :) mine are above my ankle by about an inch/inch and a half.

Another silly question but are the white cotton strips at the bottom of the trousers do they go underfoot or around the leg to tighten the trouser so it doesn't ride up?
Mattywheels
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mattywheels » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:52 pm

My understanding is that the strips are basically stirrups to keep the trousers in place.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
machinegunjoe
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby machinegunjoe » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:30 pm

I guessed as much. These seem a bit shorter than they should be for me. Though trying them with the gaiters they seem ok so may do for now :)

Thanks for the heads up guys :good:
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:09 am

You could always loosen your braces so they hang a bit lower. My old P37 BD trousers were a bit short in the leg so I just let them hang a bit lower.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Heer”