Fallschirmjäger Questions.

Discussion area for Fallschirmjäger

Moderator: Steiner

Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Fallschirmjäger Questions.

Postby Poacher » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Want a nice looking smock? scroll down to see a cracker. http://www.richardaunderwood.com/news.php
Not super cheap but nice.
Please consider joining the movement to eliminate 'tan & water' from the vocabulary. It is useless as a description of the print. Use 'Sumpf' or 'Marsh' instead and rid the hobby of this nasty term. thank you.
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
Fandanglos
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fandanglos » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Marsha,

Buy a type 3. IMO Cheapest is best. It's only going to get trashed :good:

GRFJ
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby GRFJ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 am

HI Marsha

As Steinlager wrote

Forget the first one, it's Army splinter.
Second one is a Sumpf pattern (Poacher, :good: ), encountered from '43 onwards (this resembles the later '44 pattern BTW)
Third one is the green step-in (type 2) which was issued from the 40's all the way to the end of the war.

The one in the link provided by Poacher is the Spearhead (Barry Lyndon) type 3
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:39 pm

thanks for advice guys i now know which one to go for
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
babe
First Posting
First Posting

Postby babe » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Ok a new question..

Would It be "ok" to wear black collar tabs as a Fallschirmpionier?
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 pm

I believe they wore yellow, like all other FJ.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:54 am

Just a couple of uniform questions:

i) did FJ wear 'standard' LW trousers in blue wool as part of their uniform, either in the field or as part of their walking out dress (I'm thinking of officially rather than 'late war anything goes scruff' type stuff). I've seen a cheap pair of M43 trousers in blue in my size, and I was wondering if they'd be OK for FJ or if they are just normal LW. IIRC they had M37 trousers as part of their walking out dress, but I wasn't sure about M43s.

ii) I've just signed up as a Funker for a game, and in my box of badges I happen to have a german signals qualification badge. I'm not actually sure where these go, left sleeve of the fliegerbluse? could I put it on my jump smock...?

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 pm

On the M43 trousers I'd say no, the FJ wouldn't have worn them. LW blue M43 uniforms were a rare item as LWFD switched to Heer uniforms in 1943 and the rest of the LW was shrinking. The FJ would have been even more unlikely to wear them and they certainly wouldn't have been offical. Being a field uniform they would wouldn't have wanted to wear them for walking out either- they would stick to the smarter M37s or used their jump trousers to show they were FJ. For a late war anything goes they would be ok since under a smock etc you' stuggle to spot the difference between M37 & M43 but unless they're really cheap I'd save my money for something else.

As for the patch I believe the left sleeve, above where the cuff title might be is the correct position. I'd say a definite no to going on a smock. Only the eagle, and perhaps rank strips should go on the smock. Is it the Luftwaffe version you have then?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Is it the Luftwaffe version you have then?

No, it is actually an NVA one but the lighting bolt seems identical to wartime ones, just the shape of the patch is different.

I'll give the trousers a miss. Hooray, I've saved some cash.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nilz
First Posting
First Posting

Postby nilz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Budget boots-wise :whistle: ...What's the general consensus on the brown SMW 2nd pattern boots as sold by SOF? I know the indent on the heel is not correct, but are they acceptable? Acceptable for re-enactment too? Will they hold up or desintegrate upon the first mention of a skirmish? :rofl:
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, here's my take on jump boots: they were only issued when jumping, apparently. So, low boots (and even jackboots) were commonly seen on FJ. I can't vouch for or against the brown SMW boots, since I don't know anybody who has them. As for whether they're acceptable for reenactment, I guess that depends on the group you are with, but I can't see why not.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Like Steiner says their acceptablity for reenactment is down to the group but personally I'd say they would be more than fit for purpose. I'd expect them to be pretty durable too, certainly more so than the Sturm version which are priced the same.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nilz
First Posting
First Posting

Postby nilz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks!

I know it would be more economical to grab a pair of ankle or marching boots, since they could be used for other impressions down the line. I like the look of the jump boots best though.

I'll go through the photo collection again, see if I can change my mind.
nilz
First Posting
First Posting

Postby nilz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 am

Cheers :good:
Ian
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Right the time has come, I'm thinking about going all out and getting a panther store Jump smock but I have a couple of questions, what is the better/correct colour option the light green or the the dark green background, also at just short of 6ft will I need to ask for the smock to be longer than standard as I have read they can come up a bit short.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.

Return to “Fallschirmjäger”