Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Discussion area for Fallschirmjäger

Moderator: Steiner

User avatar
_Arthur
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby _Arthur » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:13 am

Ian wrote:There is a picture on one of the Belgium FJ re-enactors sites of a guy in Italian camo and splinter smock.

http://www.fjr2.be/

But, if they all wear historical correct stuff is not known to me.
User avatar
Ian
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:54 am

Poacher wrote:There is more to colle ting evidence than the photographic record though. To rely on only one source is weak.
It is well documented that all humans evacuate their bodies from time to time. Period medical reports will support this. Records of people who do not go with regularity show they are considered ill and in need of treatment. It is a fine line, those who go very often are also considered ill. once or twice a day would seem to be a regular number of visits.
Do you also avoid sex? I have never seen a photo of Fjr 'on the job' but there are written accounts and plenty of Germans about to suggest they did engage. :happyswing:


Yes I do avoid sex when I'm playing airsoft as I like women and most of the time it's only men at games, but if thats your preference good luck to you :wink: , the few women I have seen at games are normally with a partner. [quote="Poacher"]

Thanks Arthur that was the site I was thinking about, I had beer fingers last night and couldn't find it. I understand were your coming from but for me historical or not it does look good so I that was my aim with my loadout. After all it's only a game. :D
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
User avatar
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, where else?

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Poacher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:59 am

Ian wrote: the few women I have seen at games are normally with a partner.

That may suggest they are not abstaining from sex at events?
From what you say the only thing preventing you is the lack of available females, not the lack of historic photos? :giggle:
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
User avatar
Ian
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 am

Poacher wrote:
Ian wrote: the few women I have seen at games are normally with a partner.

That may suggest they are not abstaining from sex at events?
From what you say the only thing preventing you is the lack of available females, not the lack of historic photos? :giggle:


No I abstain due to the fact I have a very lovely wife and going away to play airsoft for a weekend gives me time to recharge my batteries that she likes to frequently drain. :lol:
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
User avatar
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, where else?

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Poacher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:24 am

I'm sorry, you were not clear in you first 'sex' posting. It helps if you can be clear and erudite in what you post, especially when you are trying to make a point. :?
Ian wrote:Yes I do avoid sex when I'm playing airsoft as I like women and most of the time it's only men at games

No mention of a wife, only that you prefer women and that is why you avoid sex at airsoft games. :wink:
You can see how the confusion can arise?
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
User avatar
Ian
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Poacher wrote:I'm sorry, you were not clear in you first 'sex' posting. It helps if you can be clear and erudite in what you post, especially when you are trying to make a point. :?
Ian wrote:Yes I do avoid sex when I'm playing airsoft as I like women and most of the time it's only men at games

No mention of a wife, only that you prefer women and that is why you avoid sex at airsoft games. :wink:
You can see how the confusion can arise?


Oh dear, the sense of humor police about.
Sorry Mr literal, I must prostate myself before your superior and eloquent usage of the english language and your obvious linguistic skills. If only we were all so versed and blessed with your silvered tongue and fingers, the forum, na the world we be a far more enlightened place to frequent. :roll:
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
User avatar
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, where else?

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Poacher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Pardon me, I thought the whole thing was funny.
Apart from you terrible logic concerning lack of photos as a reason for wearing certain kit. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence as you correctly state but you need some evidence to prove a point.
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
User avatar
Ian
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:02 pm

The point was we are only PLAYING at soldiers not re-enacting there is some written evidence to the usage of Italian camo in many different forms but not lots of photos, so as I said before that will do for me, I like the look and it fits in with the games I play. If others want a spot on look to a number of photo's then thats great I always appreciate the effort some guys go to with uniform etc. But for me it's about playing the game with a WW2 theme/style I'd rather play with 40 guys in a good effort of uniform and kit than only 10 who are re-enactor spot on, not every one can afford that. But thats just personal opinion. Each to there own and just enjoy what you do.
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
User avatar
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, where else?

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Poacher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:37 pm

I agree, it is an interesting look. Try and get the muted colour camo though. Use of the vivid post war colours is overdone and I dont think as nice as the subtle shades.
Ant-Z and SMWholesale [via SoF] both have it.
I think I should clarify. I was never trying to tell you not to wear italian camo pants with a FJR load out.
My only issue was with the justification you used.
Isnt it better, even if you only ever airsoft with your mates, to know what you wear is, within reasonable financial bounds, a representation of what was worn.
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
User avatar
Joseph Porta
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Posts: 4100
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Littleborough
Contact:

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Handbags gentlemen, at 5 paces please.... :rofl:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
User avatar
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Posts: 6303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: West Coast Scotland

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby JD7 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Joseph Porta wrote:Handbags gentlemen, at 5 paces please.... :rofl:


:lol:
User avatar
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Lincolnshire, where else?

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Poacher » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Splinter A or splinter B handbags?
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
User avatar
Ian
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Italian Camo for FJ ........... ??

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:14 am

animal wrote:
Poacher wrote:Splinter A or splinter B handbags?


:rofl: gotta be b mate


Only if you have a number of photo's backing up it's use. :giggle:
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.

Return to “Fallschirmjäger”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest