theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Rhysd2
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Sooooooooooooooooo how was it

Postby Rhysd2 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:43 pm

she didnt make a comment that the ravers and kavsters snoring inspired her to murder
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Helga Geerhart
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon May 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Ah a kindred spirit, its normally me moaning about the noisy sleepers ... does that mean though kav didn't spew all night instead though :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Mon May 12, 2008 7:46 pm

yes the ravers did make me want to arrange a hunting party :twisted:

ImageImage
Rhysd2
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Rhysd2 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:50 pm

we voiced the idea at 6am che but chomley said we were all miserable buggers and to leave em alone heh
Fandanglos
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fandanglos » Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Excellent weekend!

Hard work and great fun.

Most of the battle details have been noted already so wont repeat.

I got shot by Lardass on the last battle (He purposely aimed low as not to damage my hansom looks :wink: and shot me in the leg). I think this is the first time I have been shot with a K98 (Normaly when Che or I get new weapons we like to test them out on each other at close range to see what they feel like but we never got round to testing our K98s for some reason :whistle: ) and yes, it does sting a bit doesn't it!

Cheers to the CIA organisers for a cracking game and the IED guys for letting us use their cracking site.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon May 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Rhysd2 wrote:we voiced the idea at 6am che but chomley said we were all miserable buggers and to leave em alone heh

Aye, yah miseable, mardy, grumpy buggers.
Ravers having a good time miles away from anyone, not their fault thirty five adults who should really be tucked up in their comfy duvets in their comfy houses had decided to act like 10 years olds and play at soldiers in the woods!
I woke up at 4am for a call of nature, had a half-hearted walk up to see what was going on but decided sleep was a better option only to be woken up by Headshot at 5.30am complaining loudly about the noise then roaring off in the landy to investigate on the pretext of checking on the cars (parked in the opposite direction!). No point going back to sleep so chatted to all the other disturbed players over a cup of tea and waited for all the snorers to get up!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snyper
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Snyper » Mon May 12, 2008 8:36 pm

What an absolutely cracking few days.
The weather was fantastic, the gameplay was great and as usual with CiA games, the people and level play were both excellent.

The foot patrols were awesome, especially the first bump where we pretty much cleared out all the Partisans with lightning speed, only to have them annihilate the next 2 convoys that went past, although the East Front Massive got their revenge with a bit of sneaky beaky work and a drive by.

Watching Guy and the partisans then charge down the hill to retrieve the ammo we'd escaped with was a laugh (probably not for those that had to hike back up that damned hill to the regen, only to do it again a second time) and the firefight/assault that occurred aftewards was excellent, with both sides using the terrain to their advantage (the Russians attacking from on high, the Germans using various ridgelines for cover).

The evening game was a laugh from what I saw, despite Guy yelling a number of times to Ranj 'Did you check ALL this forest' and 'Are you SURE you checked all of this forest' while looking for the ammo box. As I've said, some very good play from both sides, especially Che (I think) who got 6 or 7 'bang' kills by the end of play.

I dare not comment on the social side of things on Saturday night, other than it was a good laugh and there was a fair amount of drink present :whistle:

Sunday was pretty much a copy of Saturday, with the Germans putting out some excellent foot and vehicle patrols, and doing some excellent work securing the Katusha in what must've been record time for anything that had been done up until that point. The Katusha was very good, and I've got some superb shots of it in action.

I took 395 pictures this weekend, and I'm working my way through them now, so give me a bit and I'll put them up.

Once again, thanks to the IED lads for letting us use the site and for being a good OpFor, to the rest of the players for being a laugh as usual and to the CiA crew for putting on another excellent event.
Roll on Husky!
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Mon May 12, 2008 9:20 pm

yes that was a record amount of bang kills for me five ie more than just one :rofl:

ImageImage

Postby 109 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:33 pm

Steiner wrote:Many thanks to Gavin who drove his Landy around the place for two days, lugging kit and troops.

Thank you Steiner. I hope I made a difference to the game and peoples feet! I drove just over 80 miles in and around the site would you believe!

I know this is a feedback thread but I would personally like to thank CiA for inviting me down, Old'un for the loan of the kit and a special thank you to Che for getting his accidentally lit grenade out the van before it exploded (someone a bit later wasn't so skilled!).

Gav
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon May 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Doh! I didn't even know you were on the forum Gav!
Yes, it wouldn't have been the same event without you. I'll always remember our drive-by shooting as we dashed with the crate of gold, me straffing Barry through a gap in the bullet-proof passenger window :rofl:
80 miles - that's crazy, I think then our foot patrols must have done around a quarter of that!
Heh, and you got to have a blat too, which is nice.
Cheers Gav :thumbs:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Mon May 12, 2008 10:09 pm

no probs gav pyros going off in vehicles is never a good idea :slap:

ImageImage
Kermit

Postby Kermit » Mon May 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Was good to have you there Gav - I'll chuck a jerry belt that'll fit you in the kitbag next time!. Cheers for putting up with my occasional "fook the drivin' - I want to shoot someone" moments as well.....

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Mon May 12, 2008 10:26 pm

Chomley-Warner wrote:When I was captured Saturday night my plaintive calls for help met with repeated pistol butting and savage buggering by my captor Boris the Bastard. Loved it, so carried on shouting :shock: :twisted: . Help came too soon :(

And so did Boris......

Regarding the raving, I did genuinely go to check on the cars. I thought that I'd hear a few car alarms in the night but it was just the bleeps and bloops of the music. A couple of times I was just going to chuck it in and suggest to Kerstin that we join in the rave, but I was so incredibly tired it was pointless.

The game and site was awesome, very well written by Guy, we didn't really have to tweak it much at all throughout the weekend. The weather was brilliant and the comradery and gameplay excellent. I'm going to have a crack at writing the Husky game so I've got a lot to live up to.

I'll post the pics up that Kerstin and I took. Hope you like them!

S
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Battle for Bryansk Forests - 10th & 11th May 2008”