Bryansk injury - an apology!

A CiA game - Announcements, rules and booking
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Bryansk injury - an apology!

Postby che » Sat May 17, 2008 1:38 pm

i could not wish for a better bunch of guys to airsoft with. everone takes there licks none complain.fecking excellent behavior. i salute you all :mexican: :mexican:
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sat May 17, 2008 1:41 pm

however he went to Hospital last night and they have, with a struggle, removed a bb from his forehead

Are you sure they didn't extract his brain? They could be easily mistaken in Blade's case...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
troop

Postby troop » Sat May 17, 2008 2:11 pm

...Funnily his good lady wife said something along the same lines.....more like "it's okay, his head is too thick to do any permanent damage anyway"....... :rofl:

Then again she did'nt have to have four injections for local anathestic (they wanted to put him out!!!!) and two docs fishing about looking for it....even they did'nt think there was anything in there (Round....not brain.... :whistle: ) untill they actually found it...it had fragemented on impact with the bone itself..... :shock:

.....he's taken it on the chin tho.... :rofl: ....sorry...... :slap:
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby JD7 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Hmm wonder who the shoot was? Che was it you?
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Sat May 17, 2008 2:26 pm

dont know wich was blade ,dident here any very loud shouts after my hits

ImageImage
troop

Postby troop » Sat May 17, 2008 3:33 pm

THE blade (not a forum name.....more a...err.......descriptive one......ahem..... :whistle: ).......never cried out, I was next to him when he was hit...TBH he did'nt know he'd stopped one till I pointed out the claret running down his face...stopped me in me tracks tho i can tell you, it looked very real for a second or two...... :shock:

........by golly they train em tough in Hereford..... No, he just wiped the blood away and carried on laying down the fire (....tis but a flesh wound....... :rofl: ), while screaming fire orders at me........looked and felt Hoofin at the time...... :roll:

Guys, it makes no differnce who it was, no ones complaining, fingers are'nt being pointed, no one needs to be identified.....no need to embarress the person who did it, we're al aware of the effect the 98's have had this weekend........he's more embarressed, having to explain to a couple of his "colleagues" when they see him next......by golly he's not got a whole world of p*ss takin coming his way..... much....:tongue:

Steve
JD7

Postby JD7 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Heh we're not worried about pointing fingers lol,

we were thinking of award bling lol :rofl:

Glad to hear he's on the mend :D
Last edited by JD7 on Sun May 18, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peppered
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Peppered » Sun May 18, 2008 8:01 am

Crikey, hope he's ok and it heals up quick!
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Sun May 18, 2008 1:23 pm

yes i think i will award myself with a sharpshooter badge after that weekend :twisted:

ImageImage
Barrie and Anne
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Barrie and Anne » Sun May 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Sorry to be a party pooper and please feel free to call me a wus but all this talk of A&E etc is making me feel quesy so I may be sporting a rather fetching balaclava next time. I'll certainly be telling our two new recruits to wear a mask or something because they're noobs and I don't want them getting put off.
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun May 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Sound advice Barry - all players should wear a full face mask and bare skin protection. Those that don't risk minor injury from projectiles - although true to say the largest risk of injury, as in any outdoor physical pursuit, is trips, falls, sprained or twisted ankles, bumps to the head or face, minor abrasions and scratches.

TBH, I wouldn't bring airsoft noobs to WW2 games as an initiation anyway. It's only when you tire of the open day shoot 'em up games that you appreciate the difference that the WW2 game style brings - start off with WW2 and frankly they might find it boring.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rhysd2
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Rhysd2 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 pm

wow send the blade my regards. i saw that wound and it was pretty nasty. IMO nastier looking that mine. at least my bb stayed whole!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Sun May 18, 2008 9:02 pm

I have some posed pictures of said wound that I won't put up, but THE Blade is more than welcome to them if he wants copies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
troop

Postby troop » Mon May 19, 2008 5:07 am

H...

Could you mail em to me please...he's not one for e-mails etc....I'll be seeing him in next couple of weeks.....My mails is in my profile......

Chommers.....Boring??????? :shock:

...who are you kidding mate...that was a blast.!....we put on some pretty intense games at IED, and which normally takes days to come back down from...this was no exception...granted it was differnt.....the hairs fair stood up on me neck seeing people dressed in german uniform.....added a element that not come across before in airsoft, but strangle, did when i was first posted to Germany ( I was stationed in Bergen Hohne for 2 years...approx mile & half from Belsen...... my regiments officers mess was the Camps SS commandants quarters, complete with Eagle and now removed swatika over the door...the "roundhouse" has it is known, is the NAFFI in camp and was orginally built as the SS garrisons cookhouse...it still has two stone german soldiers on guard on the roof at the entrance and a german eagle with the swatsika, which has also been removed, inlaid into the roof and can be seen easily from the air......not to metion the 101 other little things you find if you look..Belsens another story and not for these pages)...so seeing you guys skirmishing through the woods in the sunlight certainly added an element of strangeness...well to me anyway..... :blink:

No bloke......not boring at all....... :thumbs:
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 am

Heh, I meant noobs to airsoft might find it boring (slow gameplay, long gaps between enemy contact). CiA don't put on boring games (else why would we bother?) but noobs might be better off starting with regular airsoft site open day blatting where it's less mentally and physically strenuous and you are assured on many kills during the day. Perversely, you will be hit by BB's more times (maybe by a factor of 5) at a regular open day!

Return to “Battle for Bryansk Forests - 10th & 11th May 2008”