Training day/get together 2?

Private forum for the use of Hohenstaufen members
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: Training day/get together 2?

Postby Steiner » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I must admit I'm very tempted to attend - it's only the distance that puts me off.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Joseph Porta
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Joseph Porta » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:45 am

ill probably be able to attend , atc2 fell through, so im free at the moment, work/wife permitting
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:48 am

quote heide " some drug infested parasite"

then this
"I'm off my tits on tramadol, co-codamol, diazepam and diclofenac at the moment,"

:rofl:
get well soon mate!!!
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby JD7 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:24 am

Joseph Porta wrote:ill probably be able to attend , atc2 fell through, so im free at the moment, work/wife permitting

I just saw this and checked the forum 'over there' shame it got binned, but it happens :evil:
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:39 pm

ive got 1 deffinate, maybe 2 guys, who can come allong and be enemy. i can loan them both uniforms and weapons
(mp 40`s)

there not softers or reenactors, but both were mates from childhood who have a massive interest in ww2 german forces.
(im hopeing they get the bug :D )

i was thinking, if the "members" of KG SS were practiceing attacks as sections, we could use these guys over and over again in a fixed position, and practice our attacks on them, ill give em body armour and helmets and face protection so they wont suffer.

it would be nice to get a nice team with mostly rifles a couple of Smgs, and the mg 42`s, and practice some attacks , and some ORGANIZED supprression fire (as riflemen and mg groups) , (something lacking in most airsoft battles, it tends to be people doing their own small skirmish within a bigger skirmish)

i can bring allong a Aeg in a sheild on a pintle mount for the enemy to use as a position, and maybe a rule that hits put em out of action for 10 secs, then they fire again, so if our cover fire slackens the position would open up again.

just some ideas, i think with a bit of forward planning, we can make a training day, instructive but also fun. (as the others tended to be) :good:
Sgt.Heide

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:46 am

Some good ideas Tony and your mates will be most welcome. As soon as I get the all clear from the doctor, we'll get another date sorted and get together for a good days' training. We also need to have a group discussion on where we're heading and future plans.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:17 pm

I wouldn't mind coming along if I can. I don't mind doning the rusky kit if you want some extra opposition (haven't used it yet!).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JD7

Postby JD7 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:I wouldn't mind coming along if I can. I don't mind doning the rusky kit if you want some extra opposition (haven't used it yet!).

heheh Pete and I have been talking about you earlier today - are you suffering from burning ears? lol
Sgt.Heide

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:I wouldn't mind coming along if I can. I don't mind doning the rusky kit if you want some extra opposition (haven't used it yet!).

You're more than welcome mate. Nice to have another rifle user along! You don't have to play enemy if you don't want to, it's up to you. We can rotate playing enemy, so it isn't the same people getting shot to **** all day! Although, if you're happy for this to happen, that's cool as well. The plan will be for an SS section to advance to conatact and then attack postions such as a single sniper, a couple of riflemen, an mg nest, and so on. We can build it up as the day goes on, practising making best use of medics, etc, as well.

Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:58 pm

heheh Pete and I have been talking about you earlier today - are you suffering from burning ears? lol

Well they were tingling but I just thought it was the after effects on 3 nights on the booze. :lol:

I don't mind getting shot up all day but playing a bit on the german side could be useful too. Like I said I haven't had the chance to use my Russian kit yet so I quite like to give it a run out. Depending upon when you re-organise for I may have some extra bits I can lend out to others.

practising making best use of medics,

That does need some work, the allies always seem to make far better use of theirs than us.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sgt.Heide

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Yep, making poor use of our medics didn't help much at Husky, in fact, it was a major factor in our defeat.

If I can sort out my PPSH41's feed problem, you're welcome to use it with your russian kit on the day by the way. I'm sure it's firepower will come in handy!

I'll be bringing all of my spare kit to loan out as needed as well, plus 2 MP40's, a Tanaka K98, a fully upgraded Springer K98 and my MG42. Should also have the Enfield done by then as well.

We're getting a fair bit of interest in this now, so it should be a very good, constructive day.

Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:50 pm

I actually meant I might have some spare russian kit so we can have 2 or 3 russians as opposition. And I'd be honoured to use your PpSh 41, just wish I had one myself. 8)
Sgt.Heide

Postby Sgt.Heide » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:I actually meant I might have some spare russian kit so we can have 2 or 3 russians as opposition.

Ah, I see! Sorry, I've been taking a lot of medication lately and am even slower on the uptake than usual! :rofl:

Return to “Hohenstaufen private forum”