Scenario ideas

Discussion forum for Comrades in Arms members.
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Scenario ideas

Postby Steiner » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Thought it might be fun to chuck down some random ideas for WW2 airsoft scenarios - they could be anything, however unlikely to happen for practical purposes, lack of proper kit, etc. I'll start with a few off the top of my head:

1939-40 Germans vs all-comers: Brits, French, Polish, Dutch, etc
Real beach / river assault - in boats! 8)
Crete - real parachute drop anybody? :wink:
Stalingrad - are there any airsoft groups who have lots of Soviets who we could invite?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Re: Scenario ideas

Postby JD7 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Steiner wrote:Thought it might be fun to chuck down some random ideas for WW2 airsoft scenarios - they could be anything, however unlikely to happen for practical purposes, lack of proper kit, etc. I'll start with a few off the top of my head:

Steiner wrote:1939-40 Germans vs all-comers: Brits, French, Polish, Dutch, etc

Would love an early era game - just need the correct grey trousers for early '40's
Steiner wrote:Real beach / river assault - in boats! 8)

Excellent idea, but these days H&S would have a fit and even with disclaimer, it would be a potential nightmare. Be fecking cool tho :good:
Steiner wrote:Crete - real parachute drop anybody? :wink:

Crete, a para drop... hmmm CiA summer holiday - fantastisch idea, but H&S killer
Steiner wrote:Stalingrad - are there any airsoft groups who have lots of Soviets who we could invite?
Would love a Stalingrad type game, do you know of a site - urban ruin, rubble and big enough that it could have snipers :wink:
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Crete needn't involve the actual drop. :wink:

Early war would be fun, although the Brits would have to reblanco everything pea green to be authentic.... :whistle:

No Y-straps - belt hooks all the way. Jackboots only, of course. Not sure when the Jerries started scraping off their helmet decals - certainly after Poland; possibly during Poland ? Does anywhere do repro Tournisters? :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Lardassmonkey » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:44 pm

I would love an early war scenario. I've just ordered an M40 uniform. It would be Germans vs Brits 1940 though expect, we are a bit short on polish, french etc. :) Crete would be good to, lucky you don't need to change much kit wise between mid and late war fallschy. I think these would be do able too as most of the Brit kit is the same for most of the war is it not?

A proper river assault even parachute drop in game would of course be epic but I doubt would be anything more than a pipe dream.

As for a Stalingrad game I hardly need to tell you where I stand comrade!

Personally I'd still like to try a 3 team partisan based game like I suggested a while ago but I seem to remember quite a few people weren't quite so keen.
Last edited by Lardassmonkey on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:23 pm

- Following the theme of the italian campaign...how about Anzio?

- I'm still up for another Normandy scenarios :good: I think considering how much happened in a very short space of time, it shouldn't be overlooked especially since there is potential for so many different scenarios, totally factual or completely made up. Americans and Brits attacking or Germans counterattacking.
Taffy's x-site is perfect for a Normandy Scenario and he's even willing to put us some slit trenches in.
Could be fun :wink: Hint Hint.
We could even try encorporating the scattered sticks like on the morning of the first day at CR. So that American and British units would have to regroup at a rally point before heading in to battle?

Lardassmonkey wrote:A parachute drop in game but would of course be epic.

Would love to do that, but even jumping on to a completely flat field in my Airborne gear was a no no despite asking them several times over the phone before I actually went to do it. To be honest I'm sure it'd be reasonably safe, they were quoting bullshit such as 'oh your clothes could snag on the parachute' I was trying to figure out how the canopy was going to open in such a way that it could snag...nevermind I'm ranting.
When I win the lottery I'll fund a CiA Airborne Drop :wink: lol
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:25 pm

spiers wrote:- Following the theme of the italian campaign...how about Anzio?

- I'm still up for another Normandy scenarios

Watch this space for a 'St Lo' game happening next year....
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Ooooooo brilliant! :good:
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

scaleyback

Postby scaleyback » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 pm

pretty much anything but a river crossing, one mistake and an AEG is finished.
scaleyback

Postby scaleyback » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:32 pm

spears,,, you would be surprised, trust me, parachuting with sharp and ridgid gear fastened to you is soooooo dangerous. the most common military parachuting injurys are due to improperly secured kit. and it fecking hurts. :rofl:
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Nooooo they wouldn't let me jump in my 42's; none of the additional gear included. I can imagine it'd hurt if you came down awkwardly on an entrenching tool :oops:
I did try and make the point that how many thousand men jumped in the same gear on D Day but they were having none of it.
General James M. Gavin

che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Steiner wrote:Thought it might be fun to chuck down some random ideas for WW2 airsoft scenarios - they could be anything, however unlikely to happen for practical purposes, lack of proper kit, etc. I'll start with a few off the top of my head:

1939-40 Germans vs all-comers: Brits, French, Polish, Dutch, etc
Real beach / river assault - in boats! 8)
Crete - real parachute drop anybody? :wink:
Stalingrad - are there any airsoft groups who have lots of Soviets who we could invite?

you can put me and bro down for jumping out of perfectly good airplanes their is a place in Holland that will allow the use of round chutes :good: as for boats ive got the cap and everthing :rofl:
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Round chutes isn't the problem, certain jump schools in Britain will allow the use of round chutes (it just depends whether they have them available). There's one in Chester that'll let you jump with a round chute.
General James M. Gavin

CHThree
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby CHThree » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:36 pm

spiers wrote: they were quoting bullshit such as 'oh your clothes could snag on the parachute' I was trying to figure out how the canopy was going to open in such a way that it could snag...

They don't take any chances - they even gaffer taped over the metal hook type eyelets on my trainers because it could snag on a shroud line.

I had the option of a round chute in the UK (london Parachute School).
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Battle of Berlin, least I could have a genuine reason to be an axis female and armed
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:42 pm

They weren 't that bad but the guy that was telling me that I couldn't wear it was an ex para and after he'd preached to me about not snagging on anything for half an hour he said BUT IF I HAD A BRIT DENISON SMOCK HE WOULD'VE LET ME WEAR THAT. Which lead me to believe that even if he was doing it for my safety, he was being a bit of a cock at the same time.
General James M. Gavin

Return to “Comrades in Arms member's forum”