Hope today went well

Announcements, Rules, and Booking for the Arnhem game at Phoenix Urban
Helga Geerhart
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Hope today went well

Postby Helga Geerhart » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:48 pm

New to the site (last night) so only read about this then. Looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing how it went on. Hopefully if I can sort kit I may join you for one in the future :D

Helga :D
Myroslav

Postby Myroslav » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:00 pm

my best ever airsoft event ever
Last edited by Myroslav on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forester
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Forester » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:09 pm

Great day, Great people. Thanks must go to the event organisers for their hard work and effort put in for today, :wink: roll on the next one.
______________Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sgt.Heide
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Glad to hear it went well and gutted I couldn't make it myself!

Anyone get any photos and/or videos?
NiTeHaWK

Postby NiTeHaWK » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:31 pm

I will post memories when i am less knackered!
HOWEVER - regardless of memories and the fun i had today... the top line to this event is as Forester said... and i wish to elaborate on this.
This has been BY FAR the best event i have ever been to. Well organised and every angled covered perfectly. Every possibly outcome was catered for and the game was adapted swiftly and effectively. The thing that highlighted this the most was the regroup at the medi block to give the Germans a chance to get a foot-hold back on the objectives. a VERY fair move made and it was a shame that they didn't take advantage of, what i saw to be, a phenomenally thought out and executed plan.
So yes, a MASSIVE thankyou to the organisers.
The second big thankyou has to be to the players for putting in an immense effort into the way you all looked and the character/mindset you got into. You all looked fantastic today and the overall atmosphere of the uniforms and the derelict layout of Phoenix was breathtaking.
I'll finish this one on a very thought provoking note.
I don't know your name and i'm sorry for it... but there was a bloke in a jack daniels top at the end of the game that made a small and very true comment.
A lot of us today were very tired at the end of it, and the atmosphere was spectacular enough to induce a sense of fear into a few. (I'll be honest... a few of the SS guys really did scare the crap out of me at times)
But after the days gameplay and re-enacting, we all got a small taste for the action. Now try to imagine this sort of fighting and fear stretched out over what would seem to be a hopeless 9 days. Those men went far above and beyond what was expected of them and will remain victorious in the hearts of those that understand the conflict for a very long time to come.

Will
eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:42 pm

got to be one of the best days ive eva had.
thanks to all the organisers and the people that went.
cant wait to see all the pics
:D
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.

Some of you may not know that we had to call a premature end to the game today because a kid who appeared to be climbing over the spiked fence had got injured when the fence collapsed and his knee wedged in between the uprights, he was in a lot of pain.

He was very lucky that he wasn't badly injured. We had to call the fire brigade to cut him free and an ambulance just in case his injuries were more serious so apologies if the game seemed to end rather suddenly, but we couldn't have people still playing with vehicles moving through the site like that. Maybe it will teach these kids that fences are there for a reason. Still, at 15 I suppose you can be a bit curious.

Anyway, thanks to all for such a great day, I thoroughly enjoyed it. My Dutch comrades were on top form and really got into the spirit of the day as well as playing very well as a small fireteam. Some great immersive and honest play from both sides. It's clear that defending buildings is far, far easier than attacking them!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Myroslav

Postby Myroslav » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:55 pm

lol headshot im 15 and i have more sense than to climb a spiked fence into private property :roll: :wink:
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:55 pm

Full debrief later as im shattered but i cannot thank you players enought for making the day so aweosme...
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
Steve.D
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Steve.D » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:57 pm

Great day, roll on "Churchill's Revenge" 100% :D

Steve.D
Mr_Flibble
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Mr_Flibble » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:55 pm

Great to hear you guys had a great time.

Looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing some photos.

OZO!! ;)
shotagain

Postby shotagain » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:02 am

as far as I am concerned it was a great day... totally ruined by the massive amount of cheat calling and cheating by what was expected to be experienced players!!

the amount of abuse flying about regarding cheating and blind firing was insane! from "take your f*****g hits you cheating f*****s!!" to a guy getting shot not taking it and then shooting at two guys well out of range and telling them they where cheating!!!

as and when another event is organized I would highly recommend a number of marshalls that can and will stamp out any misdemeaners of the rules? as yesterday proved, experienced players can't be trusted to play fair on there own!!

sorry just felt it had to be said!

Justin
Gliderrider
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Gliderrider » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:50 am

An exelent do, Im glad i made it.
ImageImageImageImage
Pete_59
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Pete_59 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:24 am

shotagain wrote:as far as I am concerned it was a great day... totally ruined by the massive amount of cheat calling and cheating by what was expected to be experienced players!!

the amount of abuse flying about regarding cheating and blind firing was insane! from "take your fecking hits you cheating fuckers!!" to a guy getting shot not taking it and then shooting at two guys well out of range and telling them they where cheating!!!

as and when another event is organized I would highly recommend a number of marshalls that can and will stamp out any misdemeaners of the rules? as yesterday proved, experienced players can't be trusted to play fair on there own!!

sorry just felt it had to be said!

Justin

I have to say that wasn't my take on the day, I only heard 2 disputes as to whether someone was taking their hits or not, the only small criticism I have was the amount of overkill some players were doing, I got repeatedly shot after calling hit on a few occasions, at least with the ammo limits it wasn
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:54 am

Firstly, a huge thank you to all who organised and worked so hard to make this day work. Secondly, thanks to all who participated and made such tremendous efforts with your uniforms.

This was the best airsoft experience I've ever had. Yes, it was not perfect, and tempers got frayed at certain points - sometimes justifiably, sometimes mistakenly.

However, from my personal experience, I would like to thank two individuals who told me that they had hit me - sometimes when you're running away, with full kit clanking around you, you really don't feel it - they were polite, and I took the hits.

I saw the odd occasion of bad sportsmanship, but I shall not be airing that in public - I shall be composing a PM of the great and the (few) bad points and sending to an organiser.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Return to “Arnhem - A Bridge Too Far - April 2007”